Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I vote to ban the use of the word septuagenarian from the politics board on the grounds that its douchey and unnecessary. All in favor say I.
    I.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Probably because you have a distorted view of what it means to support Trump, just sayin’

I don’t put much stock in people’s politics anymore, nor do I really care to ask. It’s just not important to me at this point, because regardless, the billionaires are going to get their way come hell or high water.
      This was true in 2016. I really don't think it is true in 2020.

We're at 8% unemployment and have one of the worst responses to COVID in the developed world and Trump has repeatedly lied to us about the severity of it and how long it will last. I was making summer plans as recently as April because I foolishly thought that maybe there was some truth to Trump's statements on it going away in the summer with the heat. He was lying the whole way.

Knowing this, the buckets for Trump are simpler and number 3 - dumb/gullible, rich/selfish, racist/angry.

There were more buckets in 2016 but the populist, embrace infrastructure, buy American, no more wars, shake things up, etc buckets are largely gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

This was true in 2016. I really don't think it is true in 2020.

We're at 8% unemployment and have one of the worst responses to COVID in the developed world and Trump has repeatedly lied to us about the severity of it and how long it will last. I was making summer plans as recently as April because I foolishly thought that maybe there was some truth to Trump's statements on it going away in the summer with the heat. He was lying the whole way.

Knowing this, the buckets for Trump are simpler and number 3 - dumb/gullible, rich/selfish, racist/angry.

There were more buckets in 2016 but the populist, embrace infrastructure, buy American, no more wars, shake things up, etc buckets are largely gone now.
        I don’t expect you to understand what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

Inaccuracies? He literally sat at home 4 out of the last 5 days. and did no interviews, took one question. Does not sound like he is on the campaign trail.
          Thanks for confirming your illiteracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Did he answer the question? If so, that’s an improvement over Trump.
            Yes, it was a chocolate shake

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
              Also, getting back to the debate, I believe the final question to the candidates, asking them how they would address those Americans who did not vote for them, was extraordinarily telling.

Biden had the actual presidential answer, saying he would be President for all Americans. Trump is seemingly incapable of this line of thinking.

In typical Trump fashion, he went negative and fear-mongered. Think of your 401(k)s! We’ll go into a depression! And, that answer will certainly appeal to many Americans like Dynazi, for whom the choice for President hinges solely on self-serving principals. Trump’s answer was also a window into his true nature, as Trump views the world in similar terms. But, he also failed to answer the actual question. And, that’s because Trump has never once really attempted to address those who did not vote for him.

Trump is a binary thinker. In the mind of Donald Trump, he is President for roughly half of America. He sees the other half as the enemy, who deserves to be punished for not actively helping Trump to achieve victory. Be it an entire state, as is the case with California, or simply an Attorney General who doesn’t sufficiently advance Trump’s agenda, you’re either with him or against him. He doesn’t have the capacity to view those who do not support him as Americans, as he has consistently defined them as un-American.

To be clear, these are qualities found in autocrats and dictators more so than U.S. Presidents. Trump does not and cannot understand what it means to be President. It’s completely outside of his paradigm to be selfless in any capacity.
              Exactly one is a uniter and the other is a divider..... While I don't think Biden was the best candidate the Dems had by a longshot, I appreciate that part about him. That is what the country needs to get back to.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Exactly one is a uniter and the other is a divider..... While I don't think Biden was the best candidate the Dems had by a longshot, I appreciate that part about him. That is what the country needs to get back to.
                Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post
                    https://www.axios.com/pennsylvania-f...47742f5fb.html

Fracking is pretty much split down the line in PA.

https://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/ne...y-jobs-numbers

BLS numbers show 626k jobs directly related to O&G nationally and 26k in PA.

I think you guys are vastly overestimating how many people are turned off by Biden's comment about ending oil subsidies and looking at transitioning away from oil by 2050, three decades from now. If you're an oilfield worker in your 30s, there is a good chance you can still retire at 65 at the same job.

As was noted elsewhere, most of the people who are in these industries are already voting for Trump, so I really fail to see how this has any serious impact. Especially since we're close to 60 million ballots cast already if you count estimated ballots in the mail.
                    Exxon is cutting 1,900 US jobs as oil prices crumble again

Oil is going to be cheap since people are WFH all over the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X