Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernie will cut staffers hours for $15 hourly

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bernie will cut staffers hours for $15 hourly

    so in order to pay all his staffers 15 an hour, he has to cut their hours......is the irony lost on him?

  • #2
    Link? Or is this more Fox News bullshit?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
      Link? Or is this more Fox News bullshit?
      It looks like Fox News reported it, and what really happened is they are limiting their work hours from 60 to 40 hour a week so they make 15 instead of 10. His staff actually has a Union.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

        It looks like Fox News reported it, and what really happened is they are limiting their work hours from 60 to 40 hour a week so they make 15 instead of 10. His staff actually has a Union.

        So he’s giving them a better quality of life for the same pay. Wow, that sounds awful. I would hate for that to happen across the country.

        Comment


        • #5
          Only Dynasty could spin “here’s the same pay for 33% less work so that you can have a life outside work” as a bad thing.

          What a fucking failure at life. He can’t help but slurp the Fox News talking points.

          Comment


          • #6
            The staff were salaried, so the whole "hourly wage" narrative is foolish. Chances are Bernie simply wanted to salary them in order to avoid paying 1.5x for working 60 hour weeks.

            But according to the union, the staff were complaining because they were struggling financially.

            Well, reducing their hours for the same pay doesn't immediately help them. Instead of getting more money, they got their hours cut. Meaning that if they want more money they need to go get a second job. If you want to rail on Bernie, that's your avenue since he always talks about how workers have to get second jobs to support their families, yet his own campaign has created that same structure.

            But I'm not railing on Bernie here. He's proven to be enough of a feckless sellout already.
            Last edited by ibleed; 07-21-2019, 06:34 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Jesus, it amounts to the same thing. Bernie was paying his staff a salary and asking them to work more for less. Now he he’s paying them the same amount and getting less work out of them. The guy is done.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                Only Dynasty could spin “here’s the same pay for 33% less work so that you can have a life outside work” as a bad thing.

                What a fucking failure at life. He can’t help but slurp the Fox News talking points.
                Except that's not really the case is it. While they're technically getting the same amount of money for less work, what they were asking for was more money for the amount of work they were putting in. In otherwords, he is doing exactly what everyone is saying will happen with a $15 hour minimum wage. You'll end up working less hours and not making anymore money. For people like you and I, that would be a blessing because our income is sustainable. For the people the 15hr minimum wage is supposed to improve their way of life, it will do nothing. If they couldn't afford to live on what they made working 40 hours a week, it's not going to improve if they make the same amount and only 20 hours a week instead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

                  Except that's not really the case is it. While they're technically getting the same amount of money for less work, what they were asking for was more money for the amount of work they were putting in. In otherwords, he is doing exactly what everyone is saying will happen with a $15 hour minimum wage. You'll end up working less hours and not making anymore money. For people like you and I, that would be a blessing because our income is sustainable. For the people the 15hr minimum wage is supposed to improve their way of life, it will do nothing. If they couldn't afford to live on what they made working 40 hours a week, it's not going to improve if they make the same amount and only 20 hours a week instead.
                  Link?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The amount of work doesn't go down just because their hours go down. Their productivity may shift, but their expectations remain the same regardless of hours worked.


                    Also, this is just more meme stuff worth a chuckle as you scroll by because it has zero impact on the rest of the world around you. None of this shifted my dick today, nor did it impact my accounts. Completely irrelevant meme topics.


                    I'm thinking I should copy that last stanza for use in about 80% of the threads on this board.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Were they actually working only 60 hours a week? Because getting a salaried position for that kind of work sounds like a hell of a lot more than 60. A flat 40 sounds a hell of a lot better, plus it opens up time in their day to work a second job should they need it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gyle View Post
                        Were they actually working only 60 hours a week? Because getting a salaried position for that kind of work sounds like a hell of a lot more than 60. A flat 40 sounds a hell of a lot better, plus it opens up time in their day to work a second job should they need it.
                        But the whole point to a 15 dollar minimum wage is so they don't have to work a second job to earn a living wage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

                          Link?
                          https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...oversy-1450267

                          They didn't want to accept a pay increase that required more work from them (6 days vs 5). Or a pay increase that put more financial burden on them (having a reduction in the subsidy for healthcare). They did however want more money and were not willing to compromise. So instead, they get the same money, but work less hours. I'd be interested to see if they're actual work load is decreased or if they have to work harder to get their job accomplished in the time alloted.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
                            But the whole point to a 15 dollar minimum wage is so they don't have to work a second job to earn a living wage.
                            So what you’re saying is that $15/hr isn’t enough?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

                              So what you’re saying is that $15/hr isn’t enough?
                              In places like California and New York where the taxes on $15/hr is $16/hr and cost of living is retarded high....probably not.

                              In places like the Texas, the gulf coast, and the bible belt....that's more than enough.

                              I'm against a nationwide $15/hr min wage. I say take the current min wage and adjust it to inflation every 2 years.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X