Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I try and think about the person’s family more than anything. Imagine if this dude was your dad. Maybe he’s a radio blowhard that spread a lot of bullshit, but he’s still the guy who taught you how to ride a bike and helped you with your homework.

I don’t know, just the perspective I try and have.

See, this I relate to. I won’t give a flying fuck about Rush Limbaugh when he dies. He was a piece of shit human, and not just because we disagreed politically. I won’t be happy when he passes...but I will be completely apathetic. If that makes me a bad person...whatever. But I can feel empathy for the people in his life who cared about him.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

I've met plenty of Limbaugh's. I'm saying he is the only one who had a platform to spew this bullshit. If someone is secretly a racist or whatever and gets cancer and dies, then that sucks for them and I won't pile on. But if someone gets into a position of power and abuses it to spread nonsense that gets people killed, then fuck that guy I won't be sad at all to see them suffer.

I'd love to see an estimate on how many people likely died of lung cancer because Rush spent years claiming there was no link with smoking. The guy mocked the science behind it.
      Welcome to America, where everybody gets a voice, even your fat boomer uncle that always ruins Thanksgiving. I’m not saying I fucking like the guy, but the idea that he did ANYTHING other than reinforce the preconceived beliefs of his narrow audience is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

See, this I relate to. I won’t give a flying fuck about Rush Limbaugh when he dies. He was a piece of shit human, and not just because we disagreed politically. I won’t be happy when he passes...but I will be completely apathetic. If that makes me a bad person...whatever. But I can feel empathy for the people in his life who cared about him.
        My thoughts exactly. I don’t believe in dancing on people’s graves unless they truly, deeply deserve it. I’m talking Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein levels here.

Comment

I don't think anyone is "not" caring about his family. I'm saying there is nothing wrong about giving him the finger as he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

I don't think anyone is "not" caring about his family. I'm saying there is nothing wrong about giving him the finger as he dies.
            Fair, I don’t see anything wrong with that. I’ll probably give more of a wry smile type reaction when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Look who you are talking to. He has never had a tactful moment in his entire life.

Its ok to look at the man you disagree with or feel has been a huge detriment to American politics over the course of his career (and one most can agree by and large was a complete asshole) and still feel empathy for a human being who is losing their life. The pettiness and remorselessness of some over fucking politics will always baffle me.
              Spare me your fake righteous empathy - Rush is a piece of shit - the amount of venom he has introduced into the American political arena is breathtaking - he's the reason Trump MAGA voters are ready to kill democrats . He is the reason McConnell broke the senate. He's the reason Trump goes around calling CNN Stupid Bastards. He's the reason he is trying to fucking get Barr to arrest Biden. Rush is the reason we lost 5500 soldiers in Iraq - he was egging on Bush. He is the original neocon.

Rejoicing in Rush's death is like rejoicing in Osama's death. Both were preachers of hate and destruction. Do we care about Osama's family? Fuck no - and similarly I don't care about showing Rush's family any sympathy.

When trump dies - fuck Melania, Ivanka, Don Jr, Eric, Barron and Tiffany.......I'll be happy in their grief because they fucking didn't care about this country. Melania wore the I don't care, do you when she went to see the kids in cages - fuck that cold bony bitch
              Last edited by sctrojan; 10-21-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

^

That was a lot of angry words from a sad angry Republican/Trump voter

Comment

^

That was a lot of angry words from a sad angry Republican/Trump voter
                  LMFAO @ you trying to use Jedi Mind Tricks. Maybe if you focus hard you might be able to levitate a donut from a plate and move it towards your mouth.

Comment

Plenty of people know that their parents or family members were pieces of shit. There are plenty of people that die, that were by all intents and purposes awful. No one gives a crap. This "We can't speak ill of the dead" nonsense is just that. There's a difference between a decent person that may have been flawed but tried their best to live a righteous life, and someone who purposefully lived a life of deceit and hatred. Someone who straight up lied to others for their own selfish purposes, and then came back and asked for sympathy, something they never showed to anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

Plenty of people know that their parents or family members were pieces of shit. There are plenty of people that die, that were by all intents and purposes awful. No one gives a crap. This "We can't speak ill of the dead" nonsense is just that. There's a difference between a decent person that may have been flawed but tried their best to live a righteous life, and someone who purposefully lived a life of deceit and hatred. Someone who straight up lied to others for their own selfish purposes, and then came back and asked for sympathy, something they never showed to anyone else.
                      I haven't read one person in this thread say this. In fact, I haven't read anyone in this thread say they feel sorry for Rush.

Im not going to tell you how to feel about this, I completely understand that I will never fully grasp how you feel because I am a white man and haven't had your experience. That said, the only thing any of us have spoken to is the idea that you can be better than the bastard by having empathy for a human losing their life (or their family losing someone they love). Empathy is not feeling sorry nor does it excuse how that person lived. In this case, its a recognition that we all face death and instead of being happy that its come for another person, to say "if this was me or someone I love how would I react to people celebrating it"...then just use a little tact.

To sum up, be better than him. But thats just my take, and again I know I cannot fully understand yours because I haven't lived your experience.

Comment

I haven't read one person in this thread say this. In fact, I haven't read anyone in this thread say they feel sorry for Rush.

Im not going to tell you how to feel about this, I completely understand that I will never fully grasp how you feel because I am a white man and haven't had your experience. That said, the only thing any of us have spoken to is the idea that you can be better than the bastard by having empathy for a human losing their life (or their family losing someone they love). Empathy is not feeling sorry nor does it excuse how that person lived. In this case, its a recognition that we all face death and instead of being happy that its come for another person, to say "if this was me or someone I love how would I react to people celebrating it"...then just use a little tact.

To sum up, be better than him. But thats just my take, and again I know I cannot fully understand yours because I haven't lived your experience.
                        If you want to be better- vote Biden. Rush is the reason we have Trump

Comment

Nice job trying to get me to go along with garbage. Frankly, we've gotten to a point in which people like me are TIRED of being told to put up with others' and their crap. The "Be better than him" line of bullshit is a way of forcing people into silence about awful crap that has happened. No, F Rush, F the people who enabled him and especially F the people who listened to him and then had the nerve to deny other citizens their rights, because they were too insecure to live in a truly free, multicultural society. Black people have tried to be civil for 200+ years, what has it gotten us? Be happy we aren't revenge minded, otherwise this country would be wiped off the face of the earth.

It doesn't matter that I can't stand Rush and won't shed a tear nor give a shit if he drops dead, I'm better than him regardless. Why? Because I'm not a piece of shit that made a career on advocating an ideology that runs counter to the goals of this country. I'm not a piece of excrement that appealed to the worst in society, just to pad my bottom line. I didn't use the suffering of others as a false equivalency in order to give those with power an excuse to double down on the suffering.

Ever notice that the people that love to say "Be better than this piece of crap that did you and millions of others wrong" never have this to say when non White douchebags bite the dust? No one was saying "Think of Saddam's remaining children", I know damn well no was out there saying this crap about Bin Laden. What Rush did was enable domestic terrorists. Rush never held elected office, but from his studio, he helped enable the people that make the lives of millions of Americans a living hell. F him.

I'll save my empathy for those who at least make a decent attempt to be decent people. I may have not agreed with McCain on certain policies, but I don't think he was an outright piece of crap. Therefore, when he passed, I pointed out the good he had done. Rush on the other hand, hasn't done anything but line his own pockets and look the other way as his venom infected the body politic.

Comment

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

Nice job trying to get me to go along with garbage. Frankly, we've gotten to a point in which people like me are TIRED of being told to put up with others' and their crap. The "Be better than him" line of bullshit is a way of forcing people into silence about awful crap that has happened. No, F Rush, F the people who enabled him and especially F the people who listened to him and then had the nerve to deny other citizens their rights, because they were too insecure to live in a truly free, multicultural society. Black people have tried to be civil for 200+ years, what has it gotten us? Be happy we aren't revenge minded, otherwise this country would be wiped off the face of the earth.

It doesn't matter that I can't stand Rush and won't shed a tear nor give a shit if he drops dead, I'm better than him regardless. Why? Because I'm not a piece of shit that made a career on advocating an ideology that runs counter to the goals of this country. I'm not a piece of excrement that appealed to the worst in society, just to pad my bottom line. I didn't use the suffering of others as a false equivalency in order to give those with power an excuse to double down on the suffering.

Ever notice that the people that love to say "Be better than this piece of crap that did you and millions of others wrong" never have this to say when non White douchebags bite the dust? No one was saying "Think of Saddam's remaining children", I know damn well no was out there saying this crap about Bin Laden. What Rush did was enable domestic terrorists. Rush never held elected office, but from his studio, he helped enable the people that make the lives of millions of Americans a living hell. F him.

I'll save my empathy for those who at least make a decent attempt to be decent people. I may have not agreed with McCain on certain policies, but I don't think he was an outright piece of crap. Therefore, when he passed, I pointed out the good he had done. Rush on the other hand, hasn't done anything but line his own pockets and look the other way as his venom infected the body politic.
                            I didnt try to get you to go along with anything bud, nor am I trying to force you into silence. You made a false claim about whats been said in this thread, I corrected that. I added in that I can't know exactly how you feel because I haven't lived your experience, and then explained what actually has been said in this thread.

Now if celebrating his upcoming visit from the reaper makes you feel better, or gives you a sense of joy because he was a piece of shit in life, then by all means, do you. Its not a good look on anyone however.

It wasn't a good look when Americans were celebrating OBL's death in the streets either. I also resent the idea that you are grouping me with the people who did that and "never say this when non-white douchebags bite the dust"...very close to accusing me of being racist my man, something we both know isn't true at all.

In the end, we have two very different ways of viewing how to react when a piece of shit dies, and thats ok.

Comment

Working...
                            X