Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

You may be right. But, unlike Rush, I’m not a piece of shit. If people like Rush would take glee in hearing of someone’s terminal illness, that’s all the more reason not to be like that. Hold yourself to a higher standard.
    When has I go high when they go low worked out for anybody? Biden is a decent guy and he's just winning by a fucking point - while the repubs have basically thrown their lot with Trump regardless of how much they hate him. The fact that trump has a chance shows you the other side just hates you with all they got.

Do you need the examples of WW2 and the Civil war to illustrate the fact that evil can only be defeated by force?

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

When has I go high when they go low worked out for anybody? Biden is a decent guy and he's just winning by a fucking point - while the repubs have basically thrown their lot with Trump regardless of how much they hate him. The fact that trump has a chance shows you the other side just hates you with all they got.

Do you need the examples of WW2 and the Civil war to illustrate the fact that evil can only be defeated by force?
      How'd the Sepoy Mutiny work out for your people?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

The only reason England left India was that its economy and treasury was decimated at the end of WW2. Notice that a number of colonial countries won their freedom from the Brits after WW2.

But for WW2 - India would be much like Canada, Australia and New Zealand - where the queen would still be a titular head.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Starting with Rush Limbaugh.
          Thats who i was talking about.....Chode.

Comment

You may be right. But, unlike Rush, I’m not a piece of shit. If people like Rush would take glee in hearing of someone’s terminal illness, that’s all the more reason not to be like that. Hold yourself to a higher standard.
            Look who you are talking to. He has never had a tactful moment in his entire life.

Its ok to look at the man you disagree with or feel has been a huge detriment to American politics over the course of his career (and one most can agree by and large was a complete asshole) and still feel empathy for a human being who is losing their life. The pettiness and remorselessness of some over fucking politics will always baffle me.

Comment

No. Rush is a piece of shit that refuses to recognize the humanity of others. There comes a time in which we need to stop trying to find redemption in others, when they are unrepentant pieces of crap. I cheered when Strom Thurmond dropped dead because F him. I hope that when Rush meets his maker, said maker shows no mercy, because Rush never gave a damn about anyone other than himself, and was willing to look the other way as people violated others because hey, stupid jackasses are a loyal listening base. None of us are perfect, but when you are a piece of crap that never owned it, that's a you problem.

Comment

For the rest of us, people who have been directly affected by Rush's crap over the years, the high ground was gone a long time ago. Ever notice that the people that love to say "Let's be civil" aren't the ones whose lives and futures are under constant attack? If people like Rush have their way, you would still have a future here. I wouldn't. Rush and his douchebag supporters can barely fix their mouths to admit that people like me are citizens. F that nonsense. I hope he is sodomized by a rusty fishing hook in the afterlife.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Look who you are talking to. He has never had a tactful moment in his entire life.

Its ok to look at the man you disagree with or feel has been a huge detriment to American politics over the course of his career (and one most can agree by and large was a complete asshole) and still feel empathy for a human being who is losing their life. The pettiness and remorselessness of some over fucking politics will always baffle me.
                  I try and think about the person’s family more than anything. Imagine if this dude was your dad. Maybe he’s a radio blowhard that spread a lot of bullshit, but he’s still the guy who taught you how to ride a bike and helped you with your homework.

I don’t know, just the perspective I try and have.

Comment

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

For the rest of us, people who have been directly affected by Rush's crap over the years, the high ground was gone a long time ago. Ever notice that the people that love to say "Let's be civil" aren't the ones whose lives and futures are under constant attack? If people like Rush have their way, you would still have a future here. I wouldn't. Rush and his douchebag supporters can barely fix their mouths to admit that people like me are citizens. F that nonsense. I hope he is sodomized by a rusty fishing hook in the afterlife.
                    So I don’t know if the angry black guy routine is just something you do on here to vent or what, but if it’s not and you truly walk around thinking this way, you need to talk to someone. Life’s too short to be pissed off and paranoid all the time.

Comment

No. Rush is a piece of shit that refuses to recognize the humanity of others. There comes a time in which we need to stop trying to find redemption in others, when they are unrepentant pieces of crap. I cheered when Strom Thurmond dropped dead because F him. I hope that when Rush meets his maker, said maker shows no mercy, because Rush never gave a damn about anyone other than himself, and was willing to look the other way as people violated others because hey, stupid jackasses are a loyal listening base. None of us are perfect, but when you are a piece of crap that never owned it, that's a you problem.

I get the schadenfreude. It’s perfectly natural. I think we all do. And, not having the ability to walk a day in your shoes, I’m not able to truly understand your perspective, though I can certainly empathize. You, more than most, seem to have legitimate reasons.

My only point is that, if I loathe Rush supporters for their banal actions and beliefs, I try to run antithetical to what I believe they would do. In this case, I can hate everything that Rush and his minions hold dear while not adopting their tactics. To me, it’s important to be better than them at every crossroad.

Comment

I get the schadenfreude. It’s perfectly natural. I think we all do. And, not having the ability to walk a day in your shoes, I’m not able to truly understand your perspective, though I can certainly empathize. You, more than most, seem to have legitimate reasons.

My only point is that, if I loathe Rush supporters for their banal actions and beliefs, I try to run antithetical to what I believe they would do. In this case, I can hate everything that Rush and his minions hold dear while not adopting their tactics. To me, it’s important to be better than them at every crossroad.
                        Have some paternalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

The only thing that makes me come back here is just the pure esoteric references from a few select posters on this board that actually provide me with a new little bit of info. That they are disguised as insults is just more entertaining.

Comment

Kind of where I am at. Sure, you can say "take the high road" but Rush never did and his years of claiming smoking doesn't cause cancer probably led to at least a few people dying of lung cancer. Probably thousands given his wide reaching show.

I struggle to think of a worse American over the last 3 decades. Someone who objectively made this country worse for personal profit and ego and had the means to inflict that damage at a large scale.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Kind of where I am at. Sure, you can say "take the high road" but Rush never did and his years of claiming smoking doesn't cause cancer probably led to at least a few people dying of lung cancer. Probably thousands given his wide reaching show.

I struggle to think of a worse American over the last 3 decades. Someone who objectively made this country worse for personal profit and ego and had the means to inflict that damage at a large scale.
                              If you’ve never met a guy like Rush Limbaugh, then I’m extremely jealous of the life you’ve lived. He didn’t create these people, he just put their bullshit on air for them to collectively masturbate to.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

If you’ve never met a guy like Rush Limbaugh, then I’m extremely jealous of the life you’ve lived. He didn’t create these people, he just put their bullshit on air for them to collectively masturbate to.
                                I've met plenty of Limbaugh's. I'm saying he is the only one who had a platform to spew this bullshit. If someone is secretly a racist or whatever and gets cancer and dies, then that sucks for them and I won't pile on. But if someone gets into a position of power and abuses it to spread nonsense that gets people killed, then fuck that guy I won't be sad at all to see them suffer.

I'd love to see an estimate on how many people likely died of lung cancer because Rush spent years claiming there was no link with smoking. The guy mocked the science behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X