Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets take a real shot at addressing Reparations for Slavery.

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets take a real shot at addressing Reparations for Slavery.

(we aren't solving, just seeing everyone's point of view)
    Slavery was a stain on this country. No Argument here. We fought a war that ended it. And years of segregation and Jim Crow did slow the advancement of people of color. No argument either. But doesn't it cheapen the struggle now to say you are gonna be paid because in some cases, your great grand father, may have been a slave? I mean, why does my generation have to pay people today, who were never slaves, for a crime we did not commit, support, or practice? In most cases, like my family, we fought on the Union side.

Anyone care to offer opposing side?

Reparations is fucking stupid - Instead Gentrify the ghettos - build a few parks, a couple of Trader Joes and Starbucks and a few hipster gastro-pubs

Comment

Like I said before, reparations is about as stupid as thinking another country would pay for the idiot's wall/monument.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post
        Like I said before, reparations is about as stupid as thinking another country would pay for the idiot's wall/monument.
        Or we could raise taxes on the blacks and use that money to pay for reparations. Isn't that what Trump was saying about tariffs on mexican goods would pay for the wall?

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Or we could raise taxes on the blacks and use that money to pay for reparations. Isn't that what Trump was saying about tariffs on mexican goods would pay for the wall?
          That sounds so stupid it could definitely be a trump idea.

Comment

Fine, make the rebel states pay. If they don’t want to pay make them take down all their statues and flags. Only fair since they’re technically still supporting slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by md21 View Post
              Fine, make the rebel states pay. If they don’t want to pay make them take down all their statues and flags. Only fair since they’re technically still supporting slavery.
              I wouldn't mind a confederate monument tax. The only issue is that black residents will be caught up in the penalty.

Mississippi still has the confederate battle flag on their STATE FLAG. These states never stopped supporting slavery.

Comment

But but but the Civil War was not about slavery -- it was something about states rights and the fed shoving their cocks down the southerns throats....

Comment

But I now live in Georgia and I don’t support it.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

But I now live in Georgia and I don’t support it.
                    Move.

Comment

Pay how much? And to whom?

I’ll just assume we’re ignoring non-confederate slave owning states and territories?

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

I’ll just assume we’re ignoring non-confederate slave owning states and territories?

I don’t know. Can you really put a price on freedom? There’s no dollar amount high enough.

Comment

I don’t know. Can you really put a price on freedom? There’s no dollar amount high enough.
                          I'll give you $0.50. Final offer.

Comment

I'm for Reparations, say $20 a month.

No more Affirmative Action though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

No such thing, and you know that

Comment

Working...
                              X