• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocahontas Wants Reparations for Gays

The insanity continues

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dai...me-sex-couples

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How this party gets even 20% of the vote baffles me.

Comment

No, really what she wants is votes she is just saying ridiculous shit to get them.

Can't believe DPR compares her to Tulsi.

Comment

When Trump wins again it will be because of shit like this.

Comment

This is what she said:

It wasn’t until marriage equality became law that gay & lesbian couples could jointly file tax returns—so they paid more in taxes. Our government owes them more than $50M for the years our discriminatory tax code left them out. We must right these wrongs.
          If you actually knew what happened to gay couples come tax season who were denied the ability to marry, you'd understand there is nothing controversial about this at all.

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
          No, really what she wants is votes she is just saying ridiculous shit to get them.

Huh? Tulsi probably won't go for this because she's a bit of a homophobe but Tulsi absolutely supports most of the same things Warren supporters. Policy-wise, they aren't that different.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
            When Trump wins again it will be because of shit like this.
            If Trump wins again it will be because the electoral college favors rural areas over urban ones.

Comment

Pretty much at this point, the dems will promise reparations of some kind to everyone that isn't a old white christian straight man.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these yo-yo's promised Millennials reparations of some sort.

Comment

I guess with some people, sane and insane aren't much different.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post

Pretty much at this point, the dems will promise reparations of some kind to everyone that isn't a old white christian straight man.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these yo-yo's promised Millennials reparations of some sort.
                  The funny thing about this is old white christian straight men have been getting some form of government handouts for generations and it was just called "tax incentives" or "tax credits" or something to that effect.

Warren calls for $50M in tax refunds for gay couples who weren't able to marry when they wanted to and everyone loses their minds. Trump offers to drop another $100B into the Pentagon that will largely go to the same defense contractors like Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed and people don't bat an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post
                    This is what she said:

If you actually knew what happened to gay couples come tax season who were denied the ability to marry, you'd understand there is nothing controversial about this at all.

Huh? Tulsi probably won't go for this because she's a bit of a homophobe but Tulsi absolutely supports most of the same things Warren supporters. Policy-wise, they aren't that different.
                    I'll have to compare her ideals to Tulsi(haven't done that yet), but I highly doubt she says as much ridiculous shit as Warren does.

Comment

Remember when Trump got $150k earmarked for victims of the 9/11 attacks even though none of his properties sustained damage? People were so outraged that they elected him president.

Some gay couple getting $20k or whatever because they were denied the same marital rights as straight people? GRAB THE PITCHFORKS!

Comment

States that jailed people for dealing in pot have commuted sentences and have expunged criminal records of low-level pot crimes (buying or selling) - that's a form of reparations.

I suggest that if you pay reparations then it gives you carte-blanche to declare discrimination is over. Basically - pay the gays their reparation money and then discriminate away after that - throw the fags out of military, no cakes for fags. If someone complains, just say we've paid our reparations - go fuck yourselves.

the same thing should happen to blacks - pay reparations and then deny blacks admittance to your all white country club or deny blacks from getting into Harvard on shittier academic credentials. If they complain - you just say - we paid your reparations - go fuck yourselves.

I am just saying repartions is a get-out-of-jail-free card whites and heteros can play.

Its like this - if you get paid - you are no longer owed shit

Comment

I'll have to compare her ideals to Tulsi(haven't done that yet), but I highly doubt she says as much ridiculous shit as Warren does.
                          What is Warren saying that is ridiculous?

Tulsi doesn't get as much news because she never speaks up.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                            States that jailed people for dealing in pot have commuted sentences and have expunged criminal records of low-level pot crimes (buying or selling) - that's a form of reparations.
                            To this point, people who have been wronged by the state have received payments before. It happens all of the time.

Paying back taxes that were overpaid to gay couples is actually something that would probably fly within the Republican Party. They are all just mad they didn't think of it first.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

The funny thing about this is old white christian straight men have been getting some form of government handouts for generations and it was just called "tax incentives" or "tax credits" or something to that effect.

Warren calls for $50M in tax refunds for gay couples who weren't able to marry when they wanted to and everyone loses their minds. Trump offers to drop another $100B into the Pentagon that will largely go to the same defense contractors like Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed and people don't bat an eye.
                              Not sure what's in that Koolaid, but it must be powerful stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X