Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Thank you for proving me right.
    You are free to provide evidence that Biden used his office as Vice President to personally enrich his son with gifts and perks that would not have happened otherwise.

You can argue Hunter Biden got preferential treatment in job interviews because of his last name. There is nothing he can do to stop that short of just hiding in a bunker for the last 40 years of his dad being in public office. The precedent you want to set is one that no child or relative of a public official is allowed to earn money at any point of them holding office. Which is just...ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

You are free to provide evidence that Biden used his office as Vice President to personally enrich his son with gifts and perks that would not have happened otherwise.

You can argue Hunter Biden got preferential treatment in job interviews because of his last name. There is nothing he can do to stop that short of just hiding in a bunker for the last 40 years of his dad being in public office. The precedent you want to set is one that no child or relative of a public official is allowed to earn money at any point of them holding office. Which is just...ridiculous.
      Don't put words in my mouth.

Thanks.

Comment

And again, worth noting that I do not care about the kids of Bush or McCain or Romney or whoever. Only care about Trump's kids because they are either public employees of the White House or are actively campaigning and holding de facto positions within the Republican Party.

Comment

Don't put words in my mouth.

Thanks.
          Again, feel free to provide any evidence.

Comment

Again, feel free to provide any evidence.

I've learned also to refrain from attempting to reason with irrational people.

Comment

I've learned also to refrain from attempting to reason with irrational people.
              You know what would own me so hard? Some evidence. Man, that would just own me big time.

Comment

You know what would own me so hard? Some evidence. Man, that would just own me big time.
                I know you can read. The problem is with your application of rationale to what you read. It's just not worth the effort to me.

Comment

I know you can read. The problem is with your application of rationale to what you read. It's just not worth the effort to me.
                  Just a little. That's all I'm asking. Just a little evidence. Supposedly it is all out there so it should be no problem for you to point out. And no mass links of various stories with salacious headlines. Quote the relevant sections and explain why it is illegal.

Comment

Just a little. That's all I'm asking. Just a little evidence. Supposedly it is all out there so it should be no problem for you to point out. And no mass links of various stories with salacious headlines. Quote the relevant sections and explain why it is illegal.
                    Too much effort for the same old "Democrats good, Republicans bad" response, especially since this has been hashed over ad nauseum in page after page on this forum, already.

Comment

Too much effort for the same old "Democrats good, Republicans bad" response, especially since this has been hashed over ad nauseum in page after page on this forum, already.
                      Got it. So you don't have any evidence. That was pretty simple. Time to button up this thread and archive it.

Comment

I don't allow myself to be obsessed about it, in fact, I've learned to accept this type of idiocy from most people who are aggressively seeking power, or in Trump's case, desperately seeking to keep it. Power hungry people are asshats, each and every one.
                        Except, you know, for the fact that no one — literally, no American President or party — has ever gone this far. Ever. You have to recognize that this is unlike any prior attempt to gain, cling to or usurp power in our nation, barring (maybe) the events leading up to the Civil War.

Comment

Maybe it has been hashed out ad nauseum. But, I feel compelled to point out that many Republicans, as of this very moment, are wrong. They are bad. Much more so than Democrats. You literally can’t equivocate on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Except, you know, for the fact that no one — literally, no American President or party — has ever gone this far. Ever. You have to recognize that this is unlike any prior attempt to gain, cling to or usurp power in our nation, barring (maybe) the events leading up to the Civil War.
                            No problem with this. Except Trump will be gone in a couple weeks, to become an asterisk on what a pompous asshat looks like when given power he neither deserved nor understood how to handle. Should be an example for voters to use better judgment, but I won't be holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Maybe it has been hashed out ad nauseum. But, I feel compelled to point out that many Republicans, as of this very moment, are wrong. They are bad. Much more so than Democrats. You literally can’t equivocate on this.
                              I'm sorry, I don't share your biases.

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't share your biases.
                                Bias? Really?

Comment

Working...
                                X