Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Nuts - GFY - SCOTUS rejects lifting gun silencer ban

Supreme Court rejects challenge to regulation of gun silencers

The Supreme Court is rejecting a challenge to federal regulation of gun silencers, just days after a gunman used one in a shooting rampage that killed 12 people in Virginia.

The justices did not comment Monday in turning away appeals from two Kansas men who were convicted of violating federal law regulating silencers. The men argued that the constitutional right "to keep and bear arms" included silencers.

• Fresneck
    replied
    great thread

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied
    Holy Shit! Three honest posts from the gooner this month. That's a record!

Leave a comment:

• PBS
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

You don't own guns - shut it man!. I can spot a troll a mile away. it takes a special kind of nutjob to own guns - you aint it
    I drink too often to own a firearm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by PBS View Post
    I love guns and the 2nd Amendment and I'll be damned if outsiders try to come in and take our rights away

Murica

You don't own guns - shut it man!. I can spot a troll a mile away. it takes a special kind of nutjob to own guns - you aint it

Leave a comment:

• PBS
    replied
    I love guns and the 2nd Amendment and I'll be damned if outsiders try to come in and take our rights away

Murica

Leave a comment:

• DynastyFSU2
    replied

You are dangerous and need to be neutralized.
    Only a loon would think that.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
    SCt, you are a loon
    You are dangerous and need to be neutralized.

Leave a comment:

• DSMoneypit
    replied
    Originally posted by BChris

Only because you would be responsible enough to report it. But yeah, there is no registry. Sheriff's office is supposed to keep a record of who they issue permits to. Here anyway.
    IIRC, I don't have every state's laws memorized, any state that issues a permit for guns...ie: conceal carry or FOID (Illinois) require a database for people with those permits. To what Dynasty was saying, being responsible has nothing to do with it. Every firearm has a serial number on it. That number is registered by the manufacturer with the ATF. The manufacturer is required to keep a database of every dealer that receives a particular weapon and every dealer is supposed to track who they sold that particular weapon too. It's how they are able to track down weapons like the one used in the Pulse shooting. Now that method only leads to the individual that purchased the weapon from a dealer. I wouldn't be opposed to a law that banned private sales if they fixed the NICS because it would be a good middle ground. There would be a database, but you're protected by the 4th amendment...meaning that the government could find out who owns a weapon, but only after getting a warrant and approaching the manufacturer.

Leave a comment:

• DynastyFSU2
    replied
    SCt, you are a loon

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied

My guns have serial numbers. And those numbers have my name associated with them. True, there is no collective DB with all that information in one place, but if my guns were stolen and used in a crime.....the police would know where to find me.
    If your guns are stolen - its you who should be held responsible for the crime for being careless with your guns. We hold countries responsible for being careless with nuclear materials that may fall into the hands of terrorists - why shouldn't the same happen to you?

So to improve the gun regulations - we should have a centralized DB right? So when the revolution comes - we know exactly where the guns are and grab them before you overthrow the US govt. that us democrats elected.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied

Why would you need to invade my privacy?
    FOIA - bitch. I just want to know if I need to send the ATF and check your guns - after all they found 1000 guns in that Getty Compound in Beverly Hills.

Leave a comment:

• DynastyFSU2
    replied

so is there a gun registry? Can I look you up and see all the guns registered to you?
    Why would you need to invade my privacy?

Leave a comment:

• DynastyFSU2
    replied
    Originally posted by BChris

Try again, you know better.
    My guns have serial numbers. And those numbers have my name associated with them. True, there is no collective DB with all that information in one place, but if my guns were stolen and used in a crime.....the police would know where to find me.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied

sigh......unregistered guns are illegal.
    so is there a gun registry? Can I look you up and see all the guns registered to you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X