Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Nuts - GFY - SCOTUS rejects lifting gun silencer ban

Supreme Court rejects challenge to regulation of gun silencers

The Supreme Court is rejecting a challenge to federal regulation of gun silencers, just days after a gunman used one in a shooting rampage that killed 12 people in Virginia.

The justices did not comment Monday in turning away appeals from two Kansas men who were convicted of violating federal law regulating silencers. The men argued that the constitutional right "to keep and bear arms" included silencers.

What legal justification could someone have for owning a silencer?

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
      Silencers protect the shooter's ears from loud noises!. Think of the health benefits of the person getting shot.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Silencers protect the shooter's ears from loud noises!. Think of the health benefits of the person getting shot.
        That's a good one. You should lobby for the silencer industry.

Comment

That's a good one. You should lobby for the silencer industry.
          That's an actual excuse by the gun lobby - not mine.

Comment

<----does not own a silencer.
            <----does not want a silencer.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
              But you do argue for a gun owner's right to own a silencer

Comment

But you do argue for a gun owner's right to own a silencer
                no i dont. Why would you lie about that?

Comment

no i dont. Why would you lie about that?
                  lie? How is it a lie when I don't know what your position on gun regulations is? You fucks don't understand English or what?

The word you want to use is misrepresent or mischaracterise - but lie is not the word you use in this case

Comment

lie? How is it a lie when I don't know what your position on gun regulations is? You fucks don't understand English or what?

The word you want to use is misrepresent or mischaracterise - but lie is not the word you use in this case
                    You should ask my opinion. Not make assumptions based on no evidence.

Comment

They're mufflers for guns. I'm surpised they're even regulated in the states considering they're over the counter items in european countries. Iirc, it's even illegal to hunt without one in Germany.

The people who ask the question you're asking have fallen for the hollywood myth about them. They don't make the weapons more dangerous, they don't increase the number of people killed by guns when they are used. They're not mirqcle workers, their primary function is ti reduce the noise signature of a weapon. You're talking reducing the sound of a gunshot from being as loud as a commercial grade firework down to a blackcat.

Comment

<----owns a silencer and I love it. I recommend getting one if you do a lot shooting at indoor ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

They're mufflers for guns. I'm surpised they're even regulated in the states considering they're over the counter items in european countries. Iirc, it's even illegal to hunt without one in Germany.

The people who ask the question you're asking have fallen for the hollywood myth about them. They don't make the weapons more dangerous, they don't increase the number of people killed by guns when they are used. They're not mirqcle workers, their primary function is ti reduce the noise signature of a weapon. You're talking reducing the sound of a gunshot from being as loud as a commercial grade firework down to a blackcat.
                          This is an area where DSM and I will agree when it comes to gun laws.

Who gives a shit if you have a silencer. It doesn’t make a gun shoot more rounds, faster, or with more killing power.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

<----owns a silencer and I love it. I recommend getting one if you do a lot shooting at indoor ranges.
                            And that’s for you. I personally don’t like the extra attention you get from the ATF you get by legally owning one. I’ll pass.

Comment

You should ask my opinion. Not make assumptions based on no evidence.
                              So its not a fucking lie if I don't know what your fucking opinions are fuckface.

Seriously DynastFU your english is as bad as Trump's

Comment

Working...
                              X