Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

With most rational leaders it would be musing. Biden, like a lot of us have seen that Trump has a lot of tyrannical tendencies. It's almost as if Biden has a presence of mind that the Trump team didn't think he had. He may not be strong in speaking the language, but he(like a lot of us) saw a wannabe dictator and started looking into the dictator playbook. Dictators try to limit voting, they try to delay elections that they have a possibility of losing.

Let's see if the GOP shows some testicular fortitude and stands by the Constitution this time. I doubt it, they haven't so far. If these numbers keep dropping, they may go along with Trump, despite there being ZERO legal reason to do anything in regards to Election Day.
    As you say, it wasn’t difficult to extrapolate that Trump would resort to any tool — either real or potential, legal or illegal — in order to tip the election in his favor. The truth is, Trump honestly doesn’t care if his notions are legal or if they’d be a direct attack on American Democracy. Trump isn’t that deep. He’s also not that bright, so I have to believe that someone mentioned postponing the election to him and he simply thought this would be a good way to prevent mail-in balloting from being implemented. Remember, it’s all about him.

This shows just how desperate he has become. I don’t think the pandemic keeps him up at night. Clearly, the racial issues with which our nation is grappling, is not a huge deal. To the contrary, he’s actively trying to make it worse, using the “viral images” he helped to create as campaign material depicting America under Biden. Which honestly, shows you just how dangerous this guy is. If he thought that throwing the nation into a Civil War would increase his election odds, he would do it without a second thought.

What’s truly appalling in all of this is that Trump clearly believes his own bullshit. He honestly thinks that he is the only one capable of getting the job done. He believes that, if he is not triumphant in November, that the only way he could lose is by the other side cheating. And, most dangerously, he believes that the ends justify the means; in other words, any action he takes that could tip the scales in his favor are justified in his mind as serving the greater good.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

?
      He's still insistent upon maintaining the narrative that Trump is joking/trolling when he talks of canceling elections or rejecting the results of them. Of course, Trump has repeatedly, over the last 4 years, insisted that elections were fraudulent and that the Democrats were stealing them and that he would not accept the results unless he won. He called for the 2016 election to be canceled and just given to him. He's now doing the same for 2020. He's not once defended the integrity of elections. He's attacked them relentlessly.

Yet daCat thinks this is an elaborate 4 year troll job by the president of these United States and not the very worrisome ramblings of a would-be autocrat trying to replicate what Putin did in Russia. You know Putin? The guy Trump desperately admires? No, can't be that he wants the US to be Russia where he can rig the election and become a king. No, it must be a good ole fashioned troll job from a guy who has never trolled in his life and is the opposite of "humorous".

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

As you say, it wasn’t difficult to extrapolate that Trump would resort to any tool — either real or potential, legal or illegal — in order to tip the election in his favor. The truth is, Trump honestly doesn’t care if his notions are legal or if they’d be a direct attack on American Democracy. Trump isn’t that deep. He’s also not that bright, so I have to believe that someone mentioned postponing the election to him and he simply thought this would be a good way to prevent mail-in balloting from being implemented. Remember, it’s all about him.

This shows just how desperate he has become. I don’t think the pandemic keeps him up at night. Clearly, the racial issues with which our nation is grappling, is not a huge deal. To the contrary, he’s actively trying to make it worse, using the “viral images” he helped to create as campaign material depicting America under Biden. Which honestly, shows you just how dangerous this guy is. If he thought that throwing the nation into a Civil War would increase his election odds, he would do it without a second thought.

What’s truly appalling in all of this is that Trump clearly believes his own bullshit. He honestly thinks that he is the only one capable of getting the job done. He believes that, if he is not triumphant in November, that the only way he could lose is by the other side cheating. And, most dangerously, he believes that the ends justify the means; in other words, any action he takes that could tip the scales in his favor are justified in his mind as serving the greater good.
        Pretty much. This has been plain as day since 2016. He won't leave American politics while still maintaining a pulse. He'll burn this country to the ground to stay in power. We held the 1918 midterms in a pandemic. We held the 1944 election during WW2. We held the 1864 election during the Civil War. We held the 1812 election during the War of 1812. We held the 2008 election during a massive economic collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

He's still insistent upon maintaining the narrative that Trump is joking/trolling when he talks of canceling elections or rejecting the results of them. Of course, Trump has repeatedly, over the last 4 years, insisted that elections were fraudulent and that the Democrats were stealing them and that he would not accept the results unless he won. He called for the 2016 election to be canceled and just given to him. He's now doing the same for 2020. He's not once defended the integrity of elections. He's attacked them relentlessly.

Yet daCat thinks this is an elaborate 4 year troll job by the president of these United States and not the very worrisome ramblings of a would-be autocrat trying to replicate what Putin did in Russia. You know Putin? The guy Trump desperately admires? No, can't be that he wants the US to be Russia where he can rig the election and become a king. No, it must be a good ole fashioned troll job from a guy who has never trolled in his life and is the opposite of "humorous".
          So you're going to tell me Trump isn't trolling? Considering the constant state of meltdown being suffered by the left, he has done an excellent job of it for 4 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

So you're going to tell me Trump isn't trolling? Considering the constant state of meltdown being suffered by the left, he has done an excellent job of it for 4 years now.
            Yes, the constant state of meltdown by those on the left watching American democracy being put on life support must be so amusing to you, an America-loving patriot.

Comment

Also, what a wonderful self-own by daCat to imply that those on the right are completely fine with Trump trying to sabotage the 2020 election.

Comment

Or maybe... just maybe... that those on the left (and increasingly, on the right) are genuinely concerned that Trump’s actions are profoundly un-American?

Its not just that we don’t like him as a person, though that’s also true. It’s not simply that his rhetoric is inflammatory, though it certainly is. It’s not just that he and his family are profiting from their time in office, yet the books don’t lie. Nor is it the fact that he has refused any real attempt at healing our nation, both literally, in terms of his handling of the Coronavirus as well as figuratively, with regards to racial tensions. It’s not simply that he lies, but the amazing pace that he lies, and that he is willing to lie about anything and everything. It’s not that he’s a fascist enamored by fascists but also the fact that his actions and thoughts are becoming increasingly so.

It’s not any one of those things. It’s all of it. And, so much more that I was just too lazy to list. Trump believes that we, the American People are there to serve him, rather than his time in office being spent to serve the American People. It is that disconnect that makes him unfit to serve office, as all of his misdeeds are a result of this mindset.

Comment

Or maybe... just maybe... that those on the left (and increasingly, on the right) are genuinely concerned that Trump’s actions are profoundly un-American?

Its not just that we don’t like him as a person, though that’s also true. It’s not simply that his rhetoric is inflammatory, though it certainly is. It’s not just that he and his family are profiting from their time in office, yet the books don’t lie. Nor is it the fact that he has refused any real attempt at healing our nation, both literally, in terms of his handling of the Coronavirus as well as figuratively, with regards to racial tensions. It’s not simply that he lies, but the amazing pace that he lies, and that he is willing to lie about anything and everything. It’s not that he’s a fascist enamored by fascists but also the fact that his actions and thoughts are becoming increasingly so.

It’s not any one of those things. It’s all of it. And, so much more that I was just too lazy to list. Trump believes that we, the American People are there to serve him, rather than his time in office being spent to serve the American People. It is that disconnect that makes him unfit to serve office, as all of his misdeeds are a result of this mindset.
                  This can really just be summed up by the fact that he's going to do everything in his power to ensure he wins the election, even if it means shutting down the post office and deploying federal troops to Detroit, Cleveland and Milwaukee to intimidate black voters. Or cutting a trade deal with Brazil specifically to bolster his reelection chances at the expense of American capital. Or god knows what kind of deals he is trying to cut with China and Russia. He's already cutting up NATO to Putin's delight. Next up is bending over on IP for China.

Comment

I could possibly believe it is only trolling if he just talked like that to the press and at campaign rallies when he knows the cameras are on. Or even his early morning Twitter shitter sessions.

However, we have mounds of evidence and testimony from former staffers and even cabinet members that suggest that Trump doesn't have the faintest clue what the Constitution or the rule of law is. Those that tell him he can't do something are jettisoned and replaced with a sycophantic yes-man.

He doesn't pay any mind to intelligence briefings, because he'd rather watch Fox and Friends take turns blowing him.

Trolling is an international act. You know when you are trolling someone. Donald Trump doesn't know when he's doing that. He's just using the same tactics he always has to get what he wants. I believe his stupid kids troll. But not Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

I could possibly believe it is only trolling if he just talked like that to the press and at campaign rallies when he knows the cameras are on. Or even his early morning Twitter shitter sessions.

However, we have mounds of evidence and testimony from former staffers and even cabinet members that suggest that Trump doesn't have the faintest clue what the Constitution or the rule of law is. Those that tell him he can't do something are jettisoned and replaced with a sycophantic yes-man.

He doesn't pay any mind to intelligence briefings, because he'd rather watch Fox and Friends take turns blowing him.

Trolling is an international act. You know when you are trolling someone. Donald Trump doesn't know when he's doing that. He's just using the same tactics he always has to get what he wants. I believe his stupid kids troll. But not Donald.
                      Even in the most sympathetic viewing of his actions, we have the president of the US "trolling" half or more of the country plus who knows how many in the world by flirting with a dictatorship. "Maybe you don't have a democracy any more. Maybe I have the power to make that happen. Goochie goochie goo".

Comment

I'll tell you what I'm not looking for in a President. A troll. Pissing off people on the left on Twitter is no accomplishment. People can do that without trying.
                        Last edited by TTURedRaider; 08-02-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Don't even need a few years. Let's try a few days.

https://twitter.com/Alyssafarah/stat...39157624619009

White House Comms chastising Pelosi for criticizing Dr. Birx, who has been trying to sell a rosier picture of COVID than reality. Of course, Trump has attacked Fauci as recently as Friday.

Comment

You guys seem to think I enjoy his trolling. I find it disgusting and beneath the office. But there is no denying it actually works.

Comment

You guys seem to think I enjoy his trolling. I find it disgusting and beneath the office. But there is no denying it actually works.
                              You seem to think that’s all it is... trolling. If it were limited to simply trolling the liberals? That would be one thing. But, that’s the thing about Trump; trolling the liberals is just one nasty part of Trump.

What you and countless others don’t seem to get is that Trump actually doesn’t care about liberals, conservatives or anything else. They’re all a means to an end. Trump is disgusted by his base. If one of them touched him, he’d have to take a thousand showers to wash off the stench of poverty.

They just happen to be useful to him. They are entertained by his trolling of the liberals, so he gives them what they most desire. They’re just too dumb to notice how much they disgust him. After all, we’re talking about a man who, as an avowed elitist, sold himself as a guy who actually cares about his adoring, incel fanbase. It’s vile, but this is probably the least-dangerous aspect of Trump.

It’s when you realize that Trump is likewise unconcerned with Democracy as a whole when you understand just how bad this guy is. More sobering still is that we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg; it has the potential to get far worse. I’m not sure that there is a bridge too far, when it comes to getting what Trump wants.

Comment

You seem to think that’s all it is... trolling. If it were limited to simply trolling the liberals? That would be one thing. But, that’s the thing about Trump; trolling the liberals is just one nasty part of Trump.

What you and countless others don’t seem to get is that Trump actually doesn’t care about liberals, conservatives or anything else. They’re all a means to an end. Trump is disgusted by his base. If one of them touched him, he’d have to take a thousand showers to wash off the stench of poverty.

They just happen to be useful to him. They are entertained by his trolling of the liberals, so he gives them what they most desire. They’re just too dumb to notice how much they disgust him. After all, we’re talking about a man who, as an avowed elitist, sold himself as a guy who actually cares about his adoring, incel fanbase. It’s vile, but this is probably the least-dangerous aspect of Trump.

It’s when you realize that Trump is likewise unconcerned with Democracy as a whole when you understand just how bad this guy is. More sobering still is that we’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg; it has the potential to get far worse. I’m not sure that there is a bridge too far, when it comes to getting what Trump wants.
                                I never said that was the end game. It's a means to an end. But in that, he's nothing new nor special. In fact, he's more obvious than most. Almost dullard like. Devoid of charisma. Nothing to get worked up about, but here we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X