Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the largest polling deficit a candidate has overcome?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Like I said, not a lot of that was actually her fault. She had a smear campaign going against her since the 90s.

But even taking away stuff like that, if you dig into the factors facing her campaign it was going to be an uphill climb. After the DNC hack, their internal polling numbers in swing states was exposed and the firm Cambridge Analytica started running ads in those vulnerable areas. It isn't fully known if the Trump campaign was aware of this (collusion) but they absolutely had that data stolen and used against them.

I mean, that alone could have been the push considering she lost by less than a point in 4 swing states.
    In isolation what you’re saying means a lot, but that wasn’t the situation. She was running against Donald fucking Trump, a guy who’s currently anywhere from 8-10 points behind a candidate that a good percentage of people on both sides think is a walking corpse.

I’m telling you, she lost because people simply don’t like her. She comes off as bitchy, cold, arrogant, and in 2016, sick.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Yeah, in no way are the two races comparable. I’m probably the biggest “polls are bullshit” proponent on the board (at least as they pertain to presidential elections), and even I can acknowledge what’s obviously going on. Trump is in deep, deep shit right now and barring a Biden meltdown between now and November, he’s going to get wrecked. Like worst landslide since 84 wrecked.
      The races no...the polling yes. In most reliable polls, the Moe is within the spread. Many of the wacky-do polls aren't even showing Moe. I agree, it appears to be bidens to lose, but the polling is just as bad this time as it was in 2016.

Comment

We have never had a better opportunity as voters...at least in any of our lifetimes...to not vote democrat or republican. It won't change the election this time around, but could really change things for the one 4 years from now.

Neither candidate is worth a vote. Neither one. Even as a "lesser of two evils" neither one is worth our vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

The races no...the polling yes. In most reliable polls, the Moe is within the spread. Many of the wacky-do polls aren't even showing Moe. I agree, it appears to be bidens to lose, but the polling is just as bad this time as it was in 2016.
          Agree to disagree I guess.

Comment

Agree to disagree I guess.
            there are a couple things left this summer that lean heavily in trumps favor.
            1. Covid cure. Sounds like September. I know of a plant that is already making the serum that was announced for phase 3 testing yesterday.
            2. Russia Gate. if proof positive exist that the FBI was scheming to frame him for russian interference, that will generate a ton of sympathy and support for him
            3. Rallys and debates. Big upside for the trump campaign

Polling after all that is all resolved, may look different

Comment

In isolation what you’re saying means a lot, but that wasn’t the situation. She was running against Donald fucking Trump, a guy who’s currently anywhere from 8-10 points behind a candidate that a good percentage of people on both sides think is a walking corpse.

I’m telling you, she lost because people simply don’t like her. She comes off as bitchy, cold, arrogant, and in 2016, sick.
              Trump had those very same attributes though. He still won. They nailed her to the wall for emails. Trump's admin is now using personal email. Nobody seems to give a shit. Remember that tarmac visit with Lynch and Bill? Barr stated today, just moments ago, that he's spoken with Trump about his reelection campaign. Nobody seems to give a shit.

They held her to a ridiculously high standard that few other politicians are held to.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

there are a couple things left this summer that lean heavily in trumps favor.
                1. Covid cure. Sounds like September. I know of a plant that is already making the serum that was announced for phase 3 testing yesterday.
                2. Russia Gate. if proof positive exist that the FBI was scheming to frame him for russian interference, that will generate a ton of sympathy and support for him
                3. Rallys and debates. Big upside for the trump campaign

Polling after all that is all resolved, may look different
                This dumbass thinks there is a medicinal cure for a viral infection.

Comment

Trump had those very same attributes though. He still won. They nailed her to the wall for emails. Trump's admin is now using personal email. Nobody seems to give a shit. Remember that tarmac visit with Lynch and Bill? Barr stated today, just moments ago, that he's spoken with Trump about his reelection campaign. Nobody seems to give a shit.

They held her to a ridiculously high standard that few other politicians are held to.
                  Yeah but Trump IS likable to a lot of people. Maybe not to you or a lot of people you know, but the enthusiasm gap between the two candidates was massive.

Bullshit, they held her to the exact same standards every other candidate is held to. There’s no one that gets more scrutiny than a presidential candidate, and it’s good that it’s that way. The reason you probably feel that way is because people tend to go a lot further in justifying their gut level dislike of someone.

Comment

This dumbass thinks there is a medicinal cure for a viral infection.
                    Jesus dude. You know i meant Vaccine

Comment

They didn't go far enough. If they held her to the standard they held trump...she'd be in jail.

Comment

Yeah but Trump IS likable to a lot of people. Maybe not to you or a lot of people you know, but the enthusiasm gap between the two candidates was massive.

Bullshit, they held her to the exact same standards every other candidate is held to. There’s no one that gets more scrutiny than a presidential candidate, and it’s good that it’s that way. The reason you probably feel that way is because people tend to go a lot further in justifying their gut level dislike of someone.

Hillary was despised by many of the very same people she was courting in 2016. Eschewing the progressive wing of her party almost entirely, she focused on swing-moderate votes that, for any other candidate, might actually work. The problem was, those people hated her as much as more conservative Republicans. They were NEVER in play.

I’ll go one step further. The hatred of Clinton was nearly universal. Because, the next-largest group to hate Clinton was that same Progressive wing of her own party. They voted for her with clothespins on their noses. They voted against Trump, and not for Clinton.

As for Trump. Yes. He endears himself to people that are angry. Who feel impotent. People who are afraid. People who see their way of life — their very existence — in jeopardy. Some fear for their jobs. Others are xenophobic.

Still others fear losing their privilege. Remember that line, “they’re coming for your suburbs.” We all know who the “they” are. He’s not even being subtle at this point; he’s trying to tap into Karens’ deepest fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Hillary was despised by many of the very same people she was courting in 2016. Eschewing the progressive wing of her party almost entirely, she focused on swing-moderate votes that, for any other candidate, might actually work. The problem was, those people hated her as much as more conservative Republicans. They were NEVER in play.

I’ll go one step further. The hatred of Clinton was nearly universal. Because, the next-largest group to hate Clinton was that same Progressive wing of her own party. They voted for her with clothespins on their noses. They voted against Trump, and not for Clinton.

As for Trump. Yes. He endears himself to people that are angry. Who feel impotent. People who are afraid. People who see their way of life — their very existence — in jeopardy. Some fear for their jobs. Others are xenophobic.

Still others fear losing their privilege. Remember that line, “they’re coming for your suburbs.” We all know who the “they” are. He’s not even being subtle at this point; he’s trying to tap into Karens’ deepest fear.
                          Well good, because those people should be fucking afraid as far as I’m concerned. I’m tired of limp dick “liberals” in the suburbs talking massive amounts of shit and backing none of it up. You want to be progressive? Let’s see how progressive you are when you actually have to walk the walk.

Comment

Well good, because those people should be fucking afraid as far as I’m concerned. I’m tired of limp dick “liberals” in the suburbs talking massive amounts of shit and backing none of it up. You want to be progressive? Let’s see how progressive you are when you actually have to walk the walk.
                            I was talking about Karens. They’re not progressives. Most folks in the suburbs aren’t particularly liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

I was talking about Karens. They’re not progressives. Most folks in the suburbs aren’t particularly liberal.
                              Bullllllshit. They parrot all of the lines and push the ideology, they’re just conservative about their tax rates and who they live around. Like I said, they’re all for the far left bullshit as long as it doesn’t effect them, and I’m tired of it.

Comment

Bullllllshit. They parrot all of the lines and push the ideology, they’re just conservative about their tax rates and who they live around. Like I said, they’re all for the far left bullshit as long as it doesn’t effect them, and I’m tired of it.
                                I think that crowd is definitely in the minority in the burbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X