Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Portland and umarked "Enforcement" detaining people

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So, Portland and umarked "Enforcement" detaining people

    Illegal. very, very, illegal. Major threat to Democracy. Everyone in Portland is saying, fuck you, go away. Federal agents are detaining people, without arresting them, driving them around, taking them to unknown locations, taking their photos, abusing them, etc.

    Started in D.C. a few weeks back..which was a bit questionable. Doing it in a state however? Very illegal. If this doesn't disturb you, I question whether you are much of an American at all.

    Going to cost the government millions in paid out lawsuits in the end.

    I would love to see a state governor have the balls to actually step up to Trump and send out state militia and police to start arresting and court martialing anyone who is engaged in criminal unlawful detainment.
    Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 07-17-2020, 04:50 PM.

  • #2
    NDAA

    Comment


    • #3
      I just shared this on Twitter and Facebook.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by riker7 View Post
        I just shared this on Twitter and Facebook.
        LMFAO. Fair.

        Comment


        • #5
          I want to imagine the right's response if Obama sent in federal agents and the military to enforce a new gun control law.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
            Illegal. very, very, illegal. Major threat to Democracy. Everyone in Portland is saying, fuck you, go away. Federal agents are detaining people, without arresting them, driving them around, taking them to unknown locations, taking their photos, abusing them, etc.

            Started in D.C. a few weeks back..which was a bit questionable. Doing it in a state however? Very illegal. If this doesn't disturb you, I question whether you are much of an American at all.

            Going to cost the government millions in paid out lawsuits in the end.

            I would love to see a state governor have the balls to actually step up to Trump and send out state militia and police to start arresting and court martialing anyone who is engaged in criminal unlawful detainment.
            Well what were these people doing? Did they not disperse after being asked to?

            Are we sure these aren't law enforcement officials trained in abduction and kidnapping? They probably have a good reason to do this.

            /argument

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm more concerned how a group of rebels was allowed to take over a section of a city and held it for weeks. They should have been rounded up and locked up a few hours later.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                I'm more concerned how a group of rebels was allowed to take over a section of a city and held it for weeks. They should have been rounded up and locked up a few hours later.
                That all can be explained by stupidity of the local authorities. The "special police" abducting people is more concerning to me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                  I'm more concerned how a group of rebels was allowed to take over a section of a city and held it for weeks. They should have been rounded up and locked up a few hours later.
                  Seattle it was allowed, for sure. Seattle politics....is the main reason....socialist nutjobs on the council.

                  Portland...it's basically a small group of like 50 people hanging out in the park and doing grafitti, lol. They did some "FUCK TrumP" on the federal courthouse and Trump and co lost their shit about it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                    I'm more concerned how a group of rebels was allowed to take over a section of a city and held it for weeks. They should have been rounded up and locked up a few hours later.
                    Hey, so when choosing a shoe polish do you have a preference for taste?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                      Well what were these people doing? Did they not disperse after being asked to?

                      Are we sure these aren't law enforcement officials trained in abduction and kidnapping? They probably have a good reason to do this.

                      /argument
                      They were vandalizing government buildings in the videos I saw. Perhaps nit all of them were committing federal crimes though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

                        They were vandalizing government buildings in the videos I saw. Perhaps nit all of them were committing federal crimes though.
                        Links?

                        https://www.opb.org/news/article/fed..._CwH4w.twitter

                        But interviews conducted by OPB show officers are also detaining people on Portland streets who aren’t near federal property, nor is it clear that all of the people being arrested have engaged in criminal activity. Demonstrators like O’Shea and Pettibone said they think they were targeted by federal officers for simply wearing black clothing in the area of the demonstration.

                        Pettibone and O’Shea both said they couldn’t think of anything they might have done to end up targeted by law enforcement. They attend protests regularly but they said they aren’t “instigators.” They don’t spray paint buildings, shine laser pointers at officers or do anything else other than attend protests, which law enforcement have regularly deemed “unlawful assemblies.”

                        “I am basically tossed into the van,” Pettibone said. “And I had my beanie pulled over my face so I couldn’t see and they held my hands over my head.”

                        Blinded by his hat, in an unmarked minivan full of armed people dressed in camouflage and body armor who hadn’t identified themselves, Pettibone said he was driven around downtown before being unloaded inside a building. He wouldn’t learn until after his release that he had been inside the federal courthouse.

                        Pettibone said he was put into a cell. Soon after, two officers came in to read him his Miranda rights. They didn’t tell him why he was being arrested. He said they asked him if he wanted to waive his rights and answer some questions, but Pettibone declined and said he wanted a lawyer. The interview was terminated, and about 90 minutes later he was released. He said he did not receive any paperwork, citation or record of his arrest.

                        In a statement, the U.S. Marshals Service declined to comment on the practice of using unmarked vehicles, but said their officers had not arrested Pettibone.

                        “All United States Marshals Service arrestees have public records of arrest documenting their charges. Our agency did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”
                        Last edited by TTURedRaider; 07-17-2020, 11:44 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          US Attorney For Oregon Calls For Investigation Into Portland Protester Arrests

                          https://www.opb.org/news/article/us-...ester-arrests/

                          “Based on news accounts circulating that allege federal law enforcement detained two protesters without probable cause, I have requested the Department of Homeland Security Office of the Inspector General to open a separate investigation directed specifically at the actions of DHS personnel,” Williams said in his statement.

                          In a statement Friday, CBP acknowledged it had carried out at least one of the arrests in question. The agency defended its actions, saying it was arresting someone suspected of criminal activity and needed to remove them from the area because of threat from a “violent mob.” Video of that arrest posted online does not show anyone trying to interfere with officers, but many people can be heard asking the officers for their names and who they work for.

                          Two protesters who spoke to OPB about their arrest Thursday said they were alone when “four or five agents” stopped an unmarked minivan in front of them and grabbed one of the men. The federal officers did not have clearly seen insignia on their uniforms, and the protesters said the officers did not identify themselves when making the arrest.

                          In its statement, CBP defended not having officer names on their uniforms, saying identification would pose a threat to the officers.

                          “The names of the agents were not displayed due to recent doxing incidents against law enforcement personnel who serve and protect our country,” CBP wrote.
                          Why the hell are Customs and Border Protection’s BORTAC units abducting people in Portland?
                          Last edited by TTURedRaider; 07-17-2020, 11:41 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If this is what it appears to be, then some people should be going to PRISON. I can't for the life of me imagine how this is anywhere near legal. It is an abuse of power reminiscent of some third world dictatorship. This shouldn't be allowed to stand, but when you have bootlicking idiots defending cops straight up murdering people, you know behavior like this will be tolerated.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                              US Attorney For Oregon Calls For Investigation Into Portland Protester Arrests

                              https://www.opb.org/news/article/us-...ester-arrests/



                              Why the hell are Customs and Border Protection’s BORTAC units abducting people in Portland?
                              Wish Oregon's politicians weren't soft. I'd have BORTAC agents in military prison already under Oregon's court martial rules.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X