Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion: Let Undocumented Immigrants Drive/Get Licenses

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/o...-new-york.html

I don't agree with this necessarily, but I figured I'd feed the Trump sheep.

It's just a ploy to circumvent voter ID laws. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

Comment

If they get a license won't that make them "documented"?

Comment

As long as they pass a background check and have to wait a week before getting their license.... Sure why not?

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
          As long as they pass a background check and have to wait a week before getting their license.... Sure why not?
          Oh, I don't know.

They BROKE THE LAW??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
            Oh, I don't know.

They BROKE THE LAW??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            But its burdensome to actually enforce the law. Better to pick and choose which laws we like and don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
              https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/o...-new-york.html

I don't agree with this necessarily, but I figured I'd feed the Trump sheep.
              If undocumented people are gonna drive to work - they best be licensed so that they can buy insurance.

This is the same as giving Obamacare to undocumented people - if they fall sick they take the rest of us down with them if they don't get healthcare.

Grant, don't fall into the republican myopia about illegals.

Comment

You mean like gun buyers?

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

You mean like gun buyers?
                  Yeah if anything it should be harder to get a license because that is a privilege not a right and they are not citizens. Why not a bus pass? Plus you have to protect the citizens what about those people running over citizens in Europe?

Comment

Yeah if anything it should be harder to get a license because that is a privilege not a right and they are not citizens. Why not a bus pass? Plus you have to protect the citizens what about those people running over citizens in Europe?
                    Driving is basically a right - if you haven't broken any laws - they cannot deny you a driver's license.

That's kind of like guns - you cannot buy a gun unless you're 21 and over and haven't got a criminal record.

Comment

Working...
                    X