Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats are falling into the Ilhan Omar Trap

By rushing to stand with the controversial congresswoman, the 2020 contenders are allowing Trump to transform her into the face of their party.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ocrats/587128/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is sadly true. Trump is attacking the woman in a gambit to do just that. It’s gross. But, it could be effective. Their defense will enrage his xenophobic base.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
      This is sadly true. Trump is attacking the woman in a gambit to do just that. It’s gross. But, it could be effective. Their defense will enrage his xenophobic base.
      Trump may be making political hay off this, but she owns her own biases. Democrats defending her upsets more than Trump's base. Sometimes it's best to avoid jumping into arguments over questionable loyalties.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Trump may be making political hay off this, but she owns her own biases. Democrats defending her upsets more than Trump's base. Sometimes it's best to avoid jumping into arguments over questionable loyalties.
        Omar gets called antisemitic because she seemed to imply a dual loyalty among Jewish members of Congress.

Omar has her own loyalty questioned by the same people and it's...different?

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Omar gets called antisemitic because she seemed to imply a dual loyalty among Jewish members of Congress.

Omar has her own loyalty questioned by the same people and it's...different?
          I know. Democrats good, Republicans bad. You couldn't be more obvious.

Comment

I know. Democrats good, Republicans bad. You couldn't be more obvious.
            Explain to me how questioning Omar's loyalty isn't racist but Omar questioning (not even, but supposedly) the loyalty of Jewish Americans is racist.

Comment

Explain to me how questioning Omar's loyalty isn't racist but Omar questioning (not even, but supposedly) the loyalty of Jewish Americans is racist.
              It's nowhere near as simple as that. Stop with the Koolaid bullshit.

Comment

It's nowhere near as simple as that. Stop with the Koolaid bullshit.
                It is. Tell me how you're not racist for questioning Omar's loyalty to the country but Omar is racist for suggesting Jewish Americans have a dual loyalty to Israel?

If questioning your loyalty to your country is racist then what you did was racist. If it isn't then Omar isn't racist.

Comment

I feel like we need to break out the Fetty Wap for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
                    So all of a sudden, all isn't fair in war and politics?

Comment

Trump is so Xenophobic that he married a woman from another country.

Do you know how demented one must be to conclude this?
                      It's sheer lunacy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                        I feel like we need to break out the Fetty Wap for this thread.
                        What's a Fetty Wap?

Comment

It is. Tell me how you're not racist for questioning Omar's loyalty to the country but Omar is racist for suggesting Jewish Americans have a dual loyalty to Israel?

If questioning your loyalty to your country is racist then what you did was racist. If it isn't then Omar isn't racist.
                          It's not about one comment, although that one was enough, her apology was worse, and since she has gone even further. "evil, hypnotic influence of Israel"

I get it. She's a Democrat so all is good.

Comment

It's not about one comment, although that one was enough, her apology was worse, and since she has gone even further. "evil, hypnotic influence of Israel"
                            So now we're going to go back to 2012 to criticize something a person wrote on Twitter? Because I recall a certain someone on this forum who made fun of liberals for getting up in arms over something a certain president wrote on Twitter and say actions matter more than words. And if you're going to quote her, actually lay out the verbatim quote, otherwise the "" aren't necessary.

I get it. She's a Democrat so all is good.
                            I get it. She's a liberal minority woman so you automatically think the worst of her.

How many women had to turn you down for you to be this sexist?

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                              Trump is so Xenophobic that he married a woman from another country.

Do you know how demented one must be to conclude this?
                              It's sheer lunacy!

Trump married an European fashion model. His xenophobia only stems to shithole countries. His base doesn’t fear white Europeans coming in. They fear brown people. Same as you.

Comment

Working...
                              X