Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

In most cases, it's not. Basically it's theft.

This

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
      https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/12/07/...rt-sniffs-bag/

Cops get media to write feel-good story about their K-9 officer stealing $106k from a law-abiding citizen for the crime of (......).

Civil asset forfeiture is so completely bananas. I have no idea how this shit is remotely constitutional.

So the dog just found cash? No drugs? Yea, that’s beyond fucked up.

Comment

• Crazy shit. This one is recent as well.

https://thisisreno.com/2021/12/lawsu...-traffic-stop/

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

So the dog just found cash? No drugs? Yea, that’s beyond fucked up.
          Next up they'll write a puff piece about a K-9 unit taking some schoolkid's lunch money.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

In most cases, it's not. Basically it's theft.
            Yeah. It violates a number of Amendments, and certainly runs afoul of the presumption of innocence.

But hey! We can thank Jeff Sessions for building back what Holder tore asunder with regards to this shit. Apparently, he was a big fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by BChris View Post
              Crazy shit. This one is recent as well.

https://thisisreno.com/2021/12/lawsu...-traffic-stop/
              At least he got his money back. I also hope he wins his second lawsuit. Civil Asset forfeiture, unmarked police doing traffic stops, plainclothes officers doong raids, no knock warrants, plus a dozen other things, are issues that need to be addressed. So many of the issues where cops are, or appear to be, dirty come from those cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

At least he got his money back. I also hope he wins his second lawsuit. Civil Asset forfeiture, unmarked police doing traffic stops, plainclothes officers doong raids, no knock warrants, plus a dozen other things, are issues that need to be addressed. So many of the issues where cops are, or appear to be, dirty come from those cases.
                I don't even want to think of how many of these forfeitures don't get on the books. Im sure it has had to happen at some pint.

Comment

• Originally posted by BChris View Post

I don't even want to think of how many of these forfeitures don't get on the books. Im sure it has had to happen at some pint.
                  No doubt, especially in more rural areas with limited funding. If departments with adequate funding feel the need to steal from innocent people, I can guarantee you that there are some "celebrity speed traps in hazard county" going on as well.

Comment

• The incident happened days after the murder of George Floyd by then-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin. According to the original complaint, officers were allegedly patrolling near 15th Avenue South and Lake Street on May 30, 2020. When officers reached the area of 14th Avenue South, they witnessed a group of people that allegedly dispersed upon seeing police. Police then got out of an unmarked white van, wearing full uniforms and Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) gear. Officers involved were assigned to deploy "non-lethal" rounds to "attempt to disperse crowds" as a curfew was in effect at the time.
                    This Minneapolis Police SWAT unit, supervised by Sgt. Andrew Bittell, was directed to enforce the mandated curfew and disperse rioters, looters and arsonists. According to Judge William H. Koch, who viewed the body cameras in their entirety and submitted court documents reflecting on it, the officers on that unit also were equipped with 40 mm launchers and rounds of rubber bullets. Department policy states that the purpose of these launchers is "to assist in the de-escalation of potentially violent confrontations." MPD policy also states that the launchers must be marked with an orange barrel, which indicates the weapon is "less-lethal."

Instead, Bittell's group was equipped with black-barrel 40 mm launchers that evening. The weapons were also misused throughout the night by the unit, court records state. At one point, one officer fired a round at a group of protesters who were yelling at law enforcement from a distance. Minneapolis Police Officer Justin Stetson fired the rounds, at one point exclaiming "gotcha" and was heard laughing and fist-bumping another officer. Those individuals police were firing at were not participating in any of the events directed by MPD policy in order to do so, according to court records.

The unit was also directed by Bittell to "draw 'em in, hit 'em," meaning to have the protesters come closer to their unit and shoot them with the 40 mm launchers. According to court documents, one officer called the protesters "p******" after they retreated rather than approach the police unit. The judge wrote that officers continue to harbor "concerning beliefs" through body camera footage that night. Police Lt. Johnny Mercil, who also testified during the Chauvin trial, said it was "time to f***ing put [inaudible] people in jail" just to "prove the mayor wrong about his white supremacists from out of state." Mercil also noted one group of protesters to be "predominantly white," reasoning there would be "no looting or fires" because of their race. Another officer agreed with him, according to court documents.

An unidentified officer gave orders to Bittell, saying, "F*** 'em up, gas 'em, f*** 'em up." Once the unit started making their way down Lake Street, Bittell advised the officers, "the first f***ers we see, we're just hammering 'em with 40s." The driver was also instructed to approach with no lights or sirens activated on the cargo van.

According to court records, police approached the intersection of 17th Avenue and East Lake Street where they witnessed a group of civilians outside a gas station. Bittell advises his unit to "let 'em have it boys!" Officers then began to fire the 40 mm rounds without notifying their presence. Afterward, police learned that the individuals gathered outside the gas station included the owner and his friends protecting the property. However, the people knew they were not exempt from the curfew active at the time, including Stallings. Bittell later testified he thought the group was looting.
                    https://kstp.com/news/saint-paul-man...-jury/6224974/

Edit: Body camera transcripts. No discipline was handed down.
                    Last edited by Spartan; 12-08-2021, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Bingham County sheriff charged with felonies after allegedly threatening youth group with gun

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...#storylink=cpy

How the story starts:

On the evening of Nov. 9, a Latter-day Saint youth group was placing “thankful turkeys” on the doors of members of their congregation. The activity involved several girls ages 12 to 16 writing notes of thanks shaped like turkeys, taping them on doors, ringing doorbells and running away before they could get caught by the occupants.
                      The result:

“I reach in and pull the driver out by the hair,” Rowland told investigators, according to court documents. “I say, ‘Who the f*** are you?’ And I do have a gun in my hand, but I still have my finger on the slide.” Rowland told investigators he pointed the gun at the woman’s head.

The woman later identified herself as a neighbor and family friend for over three decades.

Rowland said he did not recognize her. He continued yelling profanities at the woman and girls and pointed his weapon at the woman. Eventually, Rowland said he went back to his home and let the youth group leave.

The woman said when Rowland pulled her out of the car, he reportedly lifted his gun then pointed it inches from her forehead, according to court documents. The woman said Rowland told her to never do this again, that he could shoot her, and that she needed to “get the f*** out of here.”

The girls who were in the car described Rowland getting upset, having a gun and saying the “f-bomb” multiple times. Several of them recall Rowland pointing the gun at the leader’s head and saying “I will f***ing shoot you.”

Comment

• International edition
                        Two policemen who regularly misused their positions to pick up women while on duty have avoided jail after pleading guilty to misconduct in public office over sex with a 17-year-old schoolgirl.

James Delinicolis, 30, and Angelo Dellosa, 31, were both senior constables in the public transport command when they had sex with the teenager Delinicolis had picked up while on duty in March 2020. They pleaded guilty in August to one count each of misconduct in public office, after other charges were withdrawn, including attempted aggravated sexual assault in company, and multiple charges of intentionally recording an intimate image without consent.

Judge Berman considered that the pair were initially refused bail on the sexual assault charges, and spent 22 days behind bars – a “frightening period” for them.

During the encounter the officers took photos and videos, which showed Delinicolis wearing his police uniform and Dellosa remarking “double trouble” as both men had sex with the 17-year-old.

In his sentencing remarks, Judge Berman noted there was no sexual offence committed and the girl was “perfectly capable of consenting to the sexual activity which took place” with the police officers who were both more than 10 years her senior.

A spokesman for NSW Police said both officers are suspended without pay and the status of their employment remains under review.
                        https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...17-p59ies.html

Those officers are obviously scummy, but seriously fuck that judge.

Comment

• A 14-year-old girl killed by Los Angeles police when they opened fire on a suspect who was allegedly assaulting someone in a North Hollywood clothing store on Thursday has been identified as Valentina Orellana-Peralta, according to the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.
                          Valentina was in a changing room with her mother when an officer fired a round through a wall near the assault suspect, striking her and killing her at the scene, according to preliminary information from police.
                          https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ing-identified

Remember: don't criticize the police or else they might not be there when you need somebody to shoot your daughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Remember: don't criticize the police or else they might not be there when you need somebody to shoot your daughter.
                            So. These guys were well-Train’ed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I feel horrible for this young girl. She was just having a normal day out with her mom and some dumbass shot her, and to make matters worse, the dumbass in question is supposed to be a trained officer of the law. He needs to go to prison.

Also, whatever happened to the cops just kicking peoples asses in situations like this? I know that's funny to say, but seriously, these guys are way too quick to pull out their gun and shoot someone. Even if I had a gun on me, my first reaction when seeing someone being assaulted wouldn't be to pull it out and shoot them, it would be to break it up and try to subdue the attacker. It's like their normal human instincts are completely turned off.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I feel horrible for this young girl. She was just having a normal day out with her mom and some dumbass shot her, and to make matters worse, the dumbass in question is supposed to be a trained officer of the law. He needs to go to prison.

Also, whatever happened to the cops just kicking peoples asses in situations like this? I know that's funny to say, but seriously, these guys are way too quick to pull out their gun and shoot someone. Even if I had a gun on me, my first reaction when seeing someone being assaulted wouldn't be to pull it out and shoot them, it would be to break it up and try to subdue the attacker. It's like their normal human instincts are completely turned off.
                                I’ll tell it as a cop I know has told it… which is not to say I agree or even like this guy. But, it’s one less witness.

Comment

Working...
                                X