Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Controversial, no! Pipe dream and delusional, yes! In controlled environments, yes...shrinks can de-escalate the situation. This did not fit a controlled environment. A sent your take, and the clip, to my cousin who is licensed psychologist who works with troubled teens in the Georgia prison system. He laughed and wished you giid luck with that. Then his more serious reply wS that there may have been something that could have been done before the video started, but he didn't see anything that could have calmed the guy based on the video.

Yes, in 10 seconds of pre killing the guy there wasn’t anything a shrink could do. Point is it’s not an option. Ever. That’s not how we should handle this. Police killings shouldn’t be a side affect of mental illness episode. We have more police killings per capita than Colombia, Rwanda, and Mexico. We have 70x more than the UK. Maybe...just maybe the over-militarization and the inability to even attempt to deal with crisis’ like this is why we rank basically like a third world country regarding this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ers_by_country

Comment

Fuck I hate Crump. Yes, let's pretend like the cops did nothing to de-escalate the situation. I guess repeated attempts to get the guy stop charging them, to drop the knife, and attempting to create space between themselves and him is just cold blooded murder in your guys eyes.

Man, fuck you guys are fucking delusional assholes.

Fresneck, this would even be a justified shooting under current ROEs for military personnel.
      I believe you...I also don't care. I'm an adult and don't use twitter or tiktok for my anger-of-the-day reminders.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Yes, in 10 seconds of pre killing the guy there wasn’t anything a shrink could do. Point is it’s not an option. Ever. That’s not how we should handle this. Police killings shouldn’t be a side affect of mental illness episode. We have more police killings per capita than Colombia, Rwanda, and Mexico. We have 70x more than the UK. Maybe...just maybe the over-militarization and the inability to even attempt to deal with crisis’ like this is why we rank basically like a third world country regarding this.

But that's not what this story will be. Hell, even the link you posted was just about the police murdering an innocent black guy. You're essentially screaming wolf at this point. You're assuming there is something that could have been done but thats an assumption. If he wasn't being violent to begin, with cops don't show up. That's the truth of this matter. He was having a violent mental breakdown which prompted the call to police. You're assuming that a sheink might have talked him down, my experience tells me otherwise. I've seen police go out on calls where there's a chance to talk the person down and in most of those cases they do so. Just google police prevent suicide vidoes and you'll find hundreds if not thousands of those incidents. Granted, there are also far too many cases where they don't succeed. This is not a case to fight this battle over. That kid in the street with the knife where he and an innocent guy trying to help him get shot, that's the battle you take in this fight. A shrink ends up dead in the video you posted.

Comment

But that's not what this story will be. Hell, even the link you posted was just about the police murdering an innocent black guy. You're essentially screaming wolf at this point. You're assuming there is something that could have been done but thats an assumption. If he wasn't being violent to begin, with cops don't show up. That's the truth of this matter. He was having a violent mental breakdown which prompted the call to police. You're assuming that a sheink might have talked him down, my experience tells me otherwise. I've seen police go out on calls where there's a chance to talk the person down and in most of those cases they do so. Just google police prevent suicide vidoes and you'll find hundreds if not thousands of those incidents. Granted, there are also far too many cases where they don't succeed. This is not a case to fight this battle over. That kid in the street with the knife where he and an innocent guy trying to help him get shot, that's the battle you take in this fight. A shrink ends up dead in the video you posted.

I’m saying that the police, due to shitty policy that IMO need to be completely overhauled, was put in a position where their only recourse based on their training was to shoot the guy dead. That’s fucked up, and it’s not much deeper than that.

Comment

I’m saying that the police, due to shitty policy that IMO need to be completely overhauled, was put in a position where their only recourse based on their training was to shoot the guy dead. That’s fucked up, and it’s not much deeper than that.
            Under the scenario you're wanting to happen, odds are this guy still ends up dead, only he kills or severely injures a shrink. There are several departments that are going to be implementing what you want. Get back to me after a few dozen shrinks are dead or in the hospital and let me know if your opinion has changed.

Comment

Also, that wasn't their only recourse. The actions of the guy made it their only recourse.

https://youtu.be/AfMcjRWESVA

Here, in a similar situation of cops dealing with a mentally ill man with a knife, they don't kill him. What are differences between the video you posted and this one? The suspect is not charging at them, which gives them time to assess and make the decision to use less lethal force. In the video you posted, the suspect is aggressive and threatening for its entirety. Again, I get what you're trying to say, but you're wrong to use THIS incident as your example. You're doubly wrong to use the race baiting Crump as your source as well.

Comment

Also, you might want to look a little deeper into your numbers on this. In the countries you mentioned, those governments use their militaries for a lot of enforcement, not their police. Not sure what the criteria for that list is, but I found this on Mexico. Since 2009, there have been almost 13,000 cartel members killed by police/military. This does not include any other law enforcement related homicides. That's almost 1200 deaths a year, far more than the 371 your link claims.

Comment

Under the scenario you're wanting to happen, odds are this guy still ends up dead, only he kills or severely injures a shrink. There are several departments that are going to be implementing what you want. Get back to me after a few dozen shrinks are dead or in the hospital and let me know if your opinion has changed.
                  You mean like Charles Kinsey?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

You mean like Charles Kinsey?
                    Did you miss where I discussed that case earlier? You know, where I said that was the example City should have used for his point instead of the one he chose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

I believe you...I also don't care. I'm an adult and don't use twitter or tiktok for my anger-of-the-day reminders.
                      DSMoneypit --> For the record, that wasn't supposed to sound snippy toward you. My point was I'm not clicking the link to a fucking tiktok video just to see why I should be angry today. I'm a fairly happy human, and I'm going home in two weeks, so getting fired up over the same shit over and over is pointless to me. That's why I won't click on TTU's grindr profile, or whatever the link was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

DSMoneypit --> For the record, that wasn't supposed to sound snippy toward you. My point was I'm not clicking the link to a fucking tiktok video just to see why I should be angry today. I'm a fairly happy human, and I'm going home in two weeks, so getting fired up over the same shit over and over is pointless to me. That's why I won't click on TTU's grindr profile, or whatever the link was.
                        The titter post that City posted was from Ben Crump where a video of a police shooting occurred. In the video, you see the "innocent" victim chasing cops with a knife. The cops continue to retreat until they open fire.

City blames the shooting on the cops being trigger happy and not deescalating the situation by using a trained medical professional. Crump blames the shooting on race, obviously. And I took umbrage with both of their positions by asking what exactly the cops should have done differently in this case.

Comment

The titter post that City posted was from Ben Crump where a video of a police shooting occurred. In the video, you see the "innocent" victim chasing cops with a knife. The cops continue to retreat until they open fire.

City blames the shooting on the cops being trigger happy and not deescalating the situation by using a trained medical professional. Crump blames the shooting on race, obviously. And I took umbrage with both of their positions by asking what exactly the cops should have done differently in this case.

No, I blame the killing on a systematic problem where the only people who show up to a 911 request for an ambulance for a mentally ill person having an episode is two armed cops with no tasers thus leading then them shooting because it’s the only method they have to deal with the situation that they’re complete untrained for you illiterate bootlicking dumbfuck.

Comment

• https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ll/2216855001/

Comment

Also, that wasn't their only recourse. The actions of the guy made it their only recourse.

https://youtu.be/AfMcjRWESVA

Here, in a similar situation of cops dealing with a mentally ill man with a knife, they don't kill him. What are differences between the video you posted and this one? The suspect is not charging at them, which gives them time to assess and make the decision to use less lethal force. In the video you posted, the suspect is aggressive and threatening for its entirety. Again, I get what you're trying to say, but you're wrong to use THIS incident as your example. You're doubly wrong to use the race baiting Crump as your source as well.
                              That taser sure comes in handy in these situations. It's sad the officers in Philly didn't have them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BChris View Post

That taser sure comes in handy in these situations. It's sad the officers in Philly didn't have them.

The police commissioner said it wasn’t in the budget to have tasers for every officer. Like WTF!? We have a budget of over $800 million for the police per year for 6300 police officers and we can’t afford the $500-$1000 per person for a fucking taser?

Comment

Working...
                                X