Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Like how tasers were supposed to lessen the need to use deadly force? Or how stingrays weren't meant to be used for fishing expeditions? How many people are harassed and detained because facial recognition incorrectly identifies them? How many jobs will be lost because the cops hold an innocent person on the "probable cause" that facial recognition misidentifies them?
    I can say this much...Echoing what I mentioned before about beat cops using these tools in uncontrolled environments...In Afghanistan and Iraq back in the day (where all these tools were developed and tested), we didn't even use facial recognition matches as determining factors. If the facial matched, then we went to the iris scans...Iris scans are something one to the 1.2 billion for false positives, so a match is pretty likely to be accurate. Facial recognition, outside controlled environments, flat out does not work. I will say this over and over and over.

Sidenote - Don't even get me started on fingerprints. That shit is laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

So we should not fucking bother with attempting to hold criminals accountable? Because the harsh truth is that sometimes bad things happen to innocent people, and if you err on the side of caution too much, the reverb is even worse.

If you want an example of this, look at the UK. They were essentially ignoring petty crimes committed by people on scooters because the risk of pursuing them was too great. They ignored it so long that they were seeing thousands of robberies a day by people riding scooters resulting hundreds of injuries to innocent people anyways. Now the cops are instructed to use any means necessary to stop them. If you want to see some excessive force by police, you should watch the bobbies use 3000 pound missiles to stop a fleeing 200 pound scooter.
      Meanwhile in Argentina:

But there are several things off about CONARC. For one, it’s a plain-text spreadsheet file without password protection, which can be readily found via Google Search and downloaded by anyone. For another, many of the alleged crimes, like petty theft, are not that serious—while others aren’t specified at all.
      Most alarming, however, is the age of the youngest alleged offender, identified only as M.G., who is cited for “crimes against persons (malicious)—serious injuries.” M.G. was apparently born on October 17, 2016, which means he’s a week shy of four years old.

Now a new investigation from Human Rights Watch has found that not only are children regularly added to CONARC, but the database also powers a live facial recognition system in Buenos Aires deployed by the city government. This makes the system likely the first known instance of its kind being used to hunt down kids suspected of criminal activity.

The system has since led to numerous false arrests (links in Spanish), which the police have no established protocol for handling. One man who was mistakenly identified was detained for six days and about to be transferred to a maximum security prison before he finally cleared up his identity. Another was told he should expect to be repeatedly flagged in the future even though he’d proved he wasn’t who the police were looking for. To help resolve the confusion, they gave him a pass to show to the next officer that might stop him.
      https://www.technologyreview.com/202...cted-of-crime/

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
        You guys can just refer to me as a German.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        But it is in Germany that QAnon seems to have made the deepest inroads. With what is regarded as the largest following — an estimated 200,000 people — in the non-English-speaking world, it has quickly built audiences on YouTube, Facebook and the Telegram messenger app. People wave Q flags during protests against coronavirus measures.
        And in Germany, like in the United States, far-right activists were the first to latch on, making QAnon an unexpected and volatile new political element when the authorities were already struggling to root out extremist networks.
        .https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/11/w...delighted.html

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
          One of my favorite sub genres of Police misconduct is them arresting Fire Fighters and EMT/Paramedics.

I like French firefighters.

Comment

• Spartan is taking his cause against Bad Apples in the Police International

Reminds me when Girls Gone Wild finally went international and started filming hoes from Brazil and Mexico instead of just Florida and California

Comment

• The Pasco Sheriff’s Office maintained for years that the 2014 shooting of an unarmed black man was justified because the man ignored repeated orders to raise his hands and surrender.
              But that explanation is contradicted by a previously unreleased video, obtained Thursday by the Tampa Bay Times, which shows deputies opened fire in seconds with little provocation.
              https://www.tampabay.com/investigati...g-unarmed-man/

Comment

• Special Report: Why 4,998 Died in U.S. Jails Without Getting Their Day in Court

Fatal police shooting of Black 19-year-old prompts firing of officer

A police officer in Waukegan, Illinois, has been fired after fatally shooting a Black teen and wounding a young Black woman who were inside a car earlier this week.

The officer who shot at the vehicle Tuesday night, killing the passenger, Marcellis Stinnette, 19, and wounding the driver, Tafara Williams, 20, committed “multiple policy and procedure violations” in the incident and has been terminated from the force, said police Chief Wayne Walles in Waukegan, 42 miles north of Chicago.

The shooting occurred just before midnight after one officer "was investigating an occupied vehicle," and the car fled, police said in a news release Wednesday.

Moments later, a second officer spotted the vehicle in a nearby area. As the second officer got out of his vehicle and approached, the car began to move in reverse and the officer fired "in fear of his safety," according to the Wednesday news release.

Williams was taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds and is recovering. Stinnette was also taken to a hospital, but died of his injuries shortly afterward, police said in a news release Friday.

Comment

• Warning. You see the police shoot a man to death.

https://twitter.com/attorneycrump/st...070337026?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                    Warning. You see the police shoot a man to death.

Ha...Like we need warnings for that anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Ha...Like we need warnings for that anymore.
                      Sad but true.

Comment

Warning. You see the police shoot a man to death.

Fuck I hate Crump. Yes, let's pretend like the cops did nothing to de-escalate the situation. I guess repeated attempts to get the guy stop charging them, to drop the knife, and attempting to create space between themselves and him is just cold blooded murder in your guys eyes.

Man, fuck you guys are fucking delusional assholes.

Fresneck, this would even be a justified shooting under current ROEs for military personnel.

Comment

Fuck I hate Crump. Yes, let's pretend like the cops did nothing to de-escalate the situation. I guess repeated attempts to get the guy stop charging them, to drop the knife, and attempting to create space between themselves and him is just cold blooded murder in your guys eyes.

Man, fuck you guys are fucking delusional assholes.

Fresneck, this would even be a justified shooting under current ROEs for military personnel.

I knew this response was coming. I don’t think these cops will get charged with a crime or that they necessarily should. The point, IMO just from the video...not that actual post of whoever that guys is, is that there should be some mental health expert trying to diffuse the situation not some meathead blowhards who’s only crisis management expertise is busting 10 holes in the guys chest. Mentally ill guy with a knife is always going to end this way when you have militarized mental midgets showing up to save the day. It’s a broken system...this is a prime example as to why it is.

Comment

I knew this response was coming. I don’t think these cops will get charged with a crime or that they necessarily should. The point, IMO just from the video...not that actual post of whoever that guys is, is that there should be some mental health expert trying to diffuse the situation not some meathead blowhards who’s only crisis management expertise is busting 10 holes in the guys chest. Mentally ill guy with a knife is always going to end this way when you have militarized mental midgets showing up to save the day. It’s a broken system...this is a prime example as to why it is.
                            Someone without a gun in that situation is dead. The guy showed zero hesitation to charge at people pointing guns at him, do you honestly think some shrink would have been able to do something to calm him down?

FTR, Crump is the "civil rights" attorney that goes around suing everybody under the sun for "racially motivated incidents". He's probably pocketed millions of dollars in legal fees and settlements while fanning the flames of racism. He's a legit piece of shit.

Comment

Someone without a gun in that situation is dead. The guy showed zero hesitation to charge at people pointing guns at him, do you honestly think some shrink would have been able to do something to calm him down?

FTR, Crump is the "civil rights" attorney that goes around suing everybody under the sun for "racially motivated incidents". He's probably pocketed millions of dollars in legal fees and settlements while fanning the flames of racism. He's a legit piece of shit.

That’s what shrinks do. They talk people down. The dude was mentally ill. An expert in mental illness on the scene obviously would make it more likely for a positive outcome. Could it have still gone bad? Yes...but there’s a far greater chance of a positive outcome if there’s an expert in that field on the scene rather than just two cops with guns. I don’t see how my take is remotely controversial, TBH.

Comment

That’s what shrinks do. They talk people down. The dude was mentally ill. An expert in mental illness on the scene obviously would make it more likely for a positive outcome. Could it have still gone bad? Yes...but there’s a far greater chance of a positive outcome if there’s an expert in that field on the scene rather than just two cops with guns. I don’t see how my take is remotely controversial, TBH.
                                Controversial, no! Pipe dream and delusional, yes! In controlled environments, yes...shrinks can de-escalate the situation. This did not fit a controlled environment. A sent your take, and the clip, to my cousin who is licensed psychologist who works with troubled teens in the Georgia prison system. He laughed and wished you giid luck with that. Then his more serious reply wS that there may have been something that could have been done before the video started, but he didn't see anything that could have calmed the guy based on the video.

Comment

Working...
                                X