Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan
    replied
    The woke mob has moved on from Aaron Rodgers to find something new to stuff into the “cancel culture casket.” That something is poor, misunderstood fossil fuels.
    In an official submission to the United Nations, a coalition of major gas exporters decried the “ongoing reductionism and cancel culture on hydrocarbons.” Please pour one out for these misunderstood sources of energy that have overheated the atmosphere and put humanity at risk.
    https://gizmodo.com/top-gas-exporter...ure-1848073862

If somebody can make a convincing argument against guillotines, I'm listening.

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied
    Originally posted by DPR View Post
    Big Bird = Canceled

Dude sounds legit

A right-wing evangelical preacher has described Big Bird’s public health message on vaccinations as “the most demonic thing I’ve seen in a long time”.

Mario Murillo posted a bizarre anti-vax rant to his website where he claimed that “leftists” and the “men’s gay chorus of San Francisco” were coming after children.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    Big Bird = Canceled

Leave a comment:

• DSMoneypit
    replied
    Golly gee, DeSantis and the FL GOP are at it again. I wonder if DSM has anything to say about the rampant censorship ongoing with the Republican Party? I doubt it.

Honestly don't know anything about it. Could you enlighten us, and tell us what the fuck this has to do with cancel culture? I'm disappointed, you had finally started to post things that were cancel culture amok. I was hoping you finally learned the definition of cancel culture.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Golly gee, DeSantis and the FL GOP are at it again. I wonder if DSM has anything to say about the rampant censorship ongoing with the Republican Party? I doubt it.

Florida like Texas will become shitty places to study

NASA ought to up and move back to California

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DSMoneypit
    replied
    Originally posted by BChris View Post

Blandon was Rick's supplier. Rick lived and operated in South Central and the surrounding areas. So maybe no hard evidence regarding "the nation", but definitely in LA.
    IIRC, it's been firever since I read Dark Alliance and the other articles diving into that story, but I believe Rick wasn't the first dealer to supply crack to so cent, he was just the biggest. And the other dealera had their own connection to columbian suppliers outside of Blandon's chain. Again, this doesn't disprove the CIA/Contra connections, but it doesn't make dark alliance the gospel truth either.

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied
    Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

But it completely ignores what Clinton did. Also, that's not entirely accurate. They didn't funnel just crack cocaine. They ran the cartels and facilitated cocaine trafficking into the US to fund a war. There was never any hard evidence that Blandon helped proliferate crack into lower income neighborhoods across the nation. Nor does the timeline for the crack epidemic match the Iran Contra deal. Crack began to circulate before Reagan was sworn in.
    Blandon was Rick's supplier. Rick lived and operated in South Central and the surrounding areas. So maybe no hard evidence regarding "the nation", but definitely in LA.

Leave a comment:

• DSMoneypit
    replied
    Originally posted by BChris View Post

I think that whole funneling crack cocaine into minority areas to fund a war had something to do with that.
    But it completely ignores what Clinton did. Also, that's not entirely accurate. They didn't funnel just crack cocaine. They ran the cartels and facilitated cocaine trafficking into the US to fund a war. There was never any hard evidence that Blandon helped proliferate crack into lower income neighborhoods across the nation. Nor does the timeline for the crack epidemic match the Iran Contra deal. Crack began to circulate before Reagan was sworn in.

Leave a comment:

• daCat
    replied
    Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

I don’t know anything about this situation so can’t really comment, but you’re not going to get an argument from me that Dems don’t do shit where they use perceptions as fact and create suboptimal policies from it that really are just for political feels. I just unapologetically vote Democratic anymore cause Republicans are so off their rocker with it that it’s just like they’re on another planet but Democrats are not these innocent snowflakes. They play games for the feels too. It’s just the levels are so different in total.
    POV

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied

I don't even try to differentiate between pollitical parties anymore. At one point, the democrats were the party of "we'll create racist policies and throw the blame on the Reagan war on drugs campaign so we can call Republicans racist at every turn". Then the fucking Republicans became that party. It's like the okay sign is racist thing except on a larger scale. Say something long enough and it becomes true. We're fucked as a nation because neither side has a fucking clue how to be moderate. It's one extreme or the other. You're either an ally or a bigot, there's no in between. Of course, I'm just beating a dead horse because most of this board is falling into that. Though, I'm glad to see that DPR has finally found a group of incidents that sort of resemble cancel culture at work. Took him long enough, and I think it was more of a blind squirrel situation than him actually understanding the issue.
    I think that whole funneling crack cocaine into minority areas to fund a war had something to do with that.

Leave a comment:

• DSMoneypit
    replied

I don’t know anything about this situation so can’t really comment, but you’re not going to get an argument from me that Dems don’t do shit where they use perceptions as fact and create suboptimal policies from it that really are just for political feels. I just unapologetically vote Democratic anymore cause Republicans are so off their rocker with it that it’s just like they’re on another planet but Democrats are not these innocent snowflakes. They play games for the feels too. It’s just the levels are so different in total.
    I don't even try to differentiate between pollitical parties anymore. At one point, the democrats were the party of "we'll create racist policies and throw the blame on the Reagan war on drugs campaign so we can call Republicans racist at every turn". Then the fucking Republicans became that party. It's like the okay sign is racist thing except on a larger scale. Say something long enough and it becomes true. We're fucked as a nation because neither side has a fucking clue how to be moderate. It's one extreme or the other. You're either an ally or a bigot, there's no in between. Of course, I'm just beating a dead horse because most of this board is falling into that. Though, I'm glad to see that DPR has finally found a group of incidents that sort of resemble cancel culture at work. Took him long enough, and I think it was more of a blind squirrel situation than him actually understanding the issue.

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied

I don’t know anything about this situation so can’t really comment, but you’re not going to get an argument from me that Dems don’t do shit where they use perceptions as fact and create suboptimal policies from it that really are just for political feels. I just unapologetically vote Democratic anymore cause Republicans are so off their rocker with it that it’s just like they’re on another planet but Democrats are these innocent snowflakes. They play games for the feels too. It’s just the levels are so different in total.
    This part.

Leave a comment:

• ivegostdacityblues
    replied

This is true, but a lot of the stuff going on right now isn't being reviewed because people don't want it to be reviewed. Imagine how bad of a hit congress, the executive branch, republicans, democrats, news media, etc...would take if unbiased reviews conducted by impartial experts were done on stuff they claim to be happening.

Case in point.

California's electric grid is already at capacity. It literally has no cushion, and their governor just signed a bill banning small gas engines. That's going to put an increased demand on their grid when all of the jobs done with small gas engines (construction work in areas with no power grid, fire fighting efforts because now they're gonna have to start using battery powered chain saws, etc...). There are no peer reviewed documents concerning but every major outlet has teported on their electrical problems this year. I suppose, we shouldn't try and point out the issues with this because it hasn't been peer reviewed.

Last edited by ivegostdacityblues; 10-12-2021, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daCat
    replied

LOL dude you keep lying all over this thread and when you get called out on those obvious lies you cry and bitch and moan about being attacked.

Again, you're the classic bully. A guy who loves to dish it but immediately folds up and cries when someone hits back.
    Self awareness is obviously not one of your attributes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X