• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

I figured him more for a Fanta guy.
        Fanta is also owned by cocacola.

Comment

I figured him more for a Fanta guy.
          Really? I was thinking Fresca.

Comment

• Trump serves coke at Maralago and his other golf properties despite calling for a coke ban.

BTW, have you see this?

Trump Family Car Sun Shade

180 reviews
            $15.95

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
              Trump serves coke at Maralago and his other golf properties despite calling for a coke ban.

BTW, have you see this?

Trump Family Car Sun Shade

180 reviews
              $15.95
              I'd just like to know why they felt the need to edit out the BMW logo but not the license plate number of the car behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Really? I was thinking Fresca.
                Think about the origins of Fanta.

Comment

Think about the origins of Fanta.
                  Modern fascists require modern cult logic.

Chace-Crawford-as-The-Deep-Kevin-in-The-Boys.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Modern fascists require modern cult logic.

Chace-Crawford-as-The-Deep-Kevin-in-The-Boys.jpg
                    Well played, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Where did I say we can't make fun of people? I'm saying that same freedom of expression is granted to both sides of the coin. You can make fun of a coworker and that company can terminate your employment.
                      You get fired there and then nobody should ever hire you again.

Call their employer and complain? I dunno. If a trans person says I'm transphobic because I won't sleep with them, then what the fuck ever. I do not care.
                      LOL at this privileged guy.

Her parents are rich and they got her special training to go into MMA where she was contracted to fight a few cans in some D-league and make a name for herself with a pretty smile. I have actually not seen the Mandalorian or Haywire, so I have no idea if she's any good.
                      It was her BF that got her into it. Everyone who goes through the ranks fights bad fighters on the way up. She’s not the first woman to use her attractiveness to her advantage but hate on her about it if you want I guess.

I’ve only seen her in Deadpool.

Is this a serious question?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist

This is why I think this whole thing is stupid. People have been canceled for generations and it was typically conservatives doing the canceling.
                      So this makes it right? The same people who pride themselves on bringing characters of all sorts to life can’t abide anyone that thinks differently. Very open minded.

Uh, what? Nearly every editor in existence was a reporter at one point.

I actually used her as an example because she's a liberal who is dating TJ Ducklo, who was Biden's former Press Spox before getting canned, I mean "canceled" for yelling at a reporter from Politico. And you know what? I don't really care about either of them. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
                      Do many political reporters go from that to editing fashion and lifestyle magazines? Also no Assistant Editor job along the way?

Canceling people for teenage tweets is stupid.
                      Last edited by TTURedRaider; 04-28-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

You get fired there and then nobody should ever hire you again.
                        If you are completely unhirable then that sounds like a personal problem. Git Gud.

LOL at this privileged guy.
                        Is this actually a problem for you? I've never been propositioned by a trans person. If I were, I'd probably decline like I would if they were a gay man or a woman I had no interest in. If they called me a bigot, then whatever. I really wouldn't care. And declining to sleep with someone isn't bigotry. I don't find many blond women attractive and that doesn't make me a bigot. We all have our preferences.

It was her BF that got her into it. Everyone who goes through the ranks fights bad fighters on the way up. She’s not the first woman to use her attractiveness to her advantage but hate on her about it if you want I guess.

I’ve only seen her in Deadpool.
                        I didn't even know she was in Deadpool. Must not be a very good actor. Whatever, I really don't care about Gina.

So this makes it right? The same people who pride themselves on bringing characters of all sorts to life can’t abide anyone that thinks differently. Very open minded.
                        What is this nonsense? This isn't a disagreement over which type of cheese is best. This is making fun of a person's very identity in a way that demeans and hurts them and not correcting for it when asked to. There is no social protection from being an asshole.

I guarantee you if I started openly mocking Christians at my job I'd get fired. If I refused to correct, I'd have a very hard time finding employment. Employers don't want to hire troublemakers. This has been true since the dawn of capitalism.

Do many political reporters go from that to editing fashion and lifestyle magazines? Also no Assistant Editor job along the way?

Canceling people for teenage tweets is stupid.
                        I agree it is stupid that she got fired, but whatever. Again, should the writers there be forced to work for someone that used to make fun of their entire ethnicity? Why don't they have a right to a non-hostile work environment?

Did she deserve the job? I have no idea. It's Teen Vogue! I didn't even know it still published.

If you want to get into that though, then boy do I have one for you. Bari Weiss. She was given a plum top editor job at the New York Times at a similar stage in her career to McCammond. Only NYT is substantially more influential than Teen Vogue.

But when Weiss quit after getting pushback internally from other people, a lot of folks similar to you (and maybe even you?) claimed she was canceled. Fucking rubbish.

Comment

If you are completely unhirable then that sounds like a personal problem. Git Gud.

Is this actually a problem for you? I've never been propositioned by a trans person. If I were, I'd probably decline like I would if they were a gay man or a woman I had no interest in. If they called me a bigot, then whatever. I really wouldn't care. And declining to sleep with someone isn't bigotry. I don't find many blond women attractive and that doesn't make me a bigot. We all have our preferences.

I didn't even know she was in Deadpool. Must not be a very good actor. Whatever, I really don't care about Gina.

What is this nonsense? This isn't a disagreement over which type of cheese is best. This is making fun of a person's very identity in a way that demeans and hurts them and not correcting for it when asked to. There is no social protection from being an asshole.

I guarantee you if I started openly mocking Christians at my job I'd get fired. If I refused to correct, I'd have a very hard time finding employment. Employers don't want to hire troublemakers. This has been true since the dawn of capitalism.

I agree it is stupid that she got fired, but whatever. Again, should the writers there be forced to work for someone that used to make fun of their entire ethnicity? Why don't they have a right to a non-hostile work environment?

Did she deserve the job? I have no idea. It's Teen Vogue! I didn't even know it still published.

If you want to get into that though, then boy do I have one for you. Bari Weiss. She was given a plum top editor job at the New York Times at a similar stage in her career to McCammond. Only NYT is substantially more influential than Teen Vogue.

But when Weiss quit after getting pushback internally from other people, a lot of folks similar to you (and maybe even you?) claimed she was canceled. Fucking rubbish.
                          First, they came for our racist jokes, but I did not speak up, because I was not, in my opinion, racist.

Next, they came for our gay jokes, but I did not speak up, because I was not, in my opinion, anti-gay.

Then, they came for our trans jokes, but I did not speak up, because I was not, in my opinion, anti-trans people.

Finally, they came for our redneck jokes, but there was no one left to take up for me.

These people just want to make jokes at people not like themselves and are still mad that they can’t call things gay and not be seen as being a bigot.

Comment

Who decides who is unhirable? The social media mob?

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/...le-transphobic

"Blanket refusals to even entertain the possibility of dating someone who is transgender is borne out of transphobia, just as “No Asians,” on gay dating apps is an expression of racism."

Joy Behar says she misgendered Caitlyn Jenner on The View because she 'didn't get enough sleep'

I'm not even getting into what Bill Maher did. Or are people not as offended because it's Caitlyn Jenner?

What about it was hostile about the work environment? Tweets from 2011?

Well somebody thought she did because they offered her the job. Then she got canceled for tweets from when she was 17. Meanwhile Ralph Northam is still the governor of Virginia.

Well its clear you the this Bari Weiss lady. I haven't really followed her nor have I written anything to support her. But after some quick research. Weiss was an op-ed and book review editor at The Wall Street Journal from 2013 until April 2017. Weiss was hired an op-ed staff editor and writer about culture and politics at the NYT. So she was an op-ed editor at the WSJ for 4 yrs and then got hired as one at the NYT? This was scandalous? Why because of her ideological point of view?

When did you become British I thought you were from like the Midwest?
                            Last edited by TTURedRaider; 04-28-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Freedom of speech must include saying things that offend peoples' sensibilities. How does one challenge peoples' certainties and establish ideologies without saying things that make them uncomfortable or cause them to take offense? Offensive speech isn't equivalent to hate speech.

Both empathy and toleration do not guarantee freedom. Empathy doesn't translate into institutional arrangements that support free speech and tolerance is no substitute for a robust set of rights.

“Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration [intolerance] but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, the other of granting it.” - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man
                              Last edited by TTURedRaider; 04-29-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Who decides who is unhirable? The social media mob?
                                Son, let me sit you down and explain to you the wonders of capitalism.

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/...le-transphobic

"Blanket refusals to even entertain the possibility of dating someone who is transgender is borne out of transphobia, just as “No Asians,” on gay dating apps is an expression of racism."
                                I don't read the Advocate. Anyone who thinks this way is a dumbass. I am in no way going to sleep with a dude (unless its Henry Cavill then obviously yes I'm not that straight) and that doesn't make me homophobic. Be a girl. Be a guy. Be whatever. I don't care. I'll call you by whatever name you want and use whatever pronoun you want. But expecting me to sleep with you is absurd.

Joy Behar says she misgendered Caitlyn Jenner on The View because she 'didn't get enough sleep'

I'm not even getting into what Bill Maher did. Or are people not as offended because it's Caitlyn Jenner?
                                I don't even know what you are talking about here.

What about it was hostile about the work environment? Tweets from 2011?
                                Dunno, ask them. Not my business nor do I really care.

Well its clear you the this Bari Weiss lady. I haven't really followed her nor have I written anything to support her. But after some quick research. Weiss was an op-ed and book review editor at The Wall Street Journal from 2013 until April 2017. Weiss was hired an op-ed staff editor and writer about culture and politics at the NYT. So she was an op-ed editor at the WSJ for 4 yrs and then got hired as one at the NYT? This was scandalous? Why because of her ideological point of view?
                                Going from book review editor at WSJ to her position at NYT was a major upgrade for an early 30s journalist with very little writing to her credit at that point. And reading between the lines, you'd know that she only got that job because of her politics. NYT was trying to hire more "conservative" editors to cater to the Trump crowd. Though it is hard to know if she is actually conservative or just an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X