Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
    https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...75274709671936

Charlie Kirk calls for the firing of any NBA player who takes a knee. More cancel culture from conservatives. As I've been saying, this is in their DNA and has been for generations.
    Speaking of the NBA...

More cancel culture from liberals. If you are only for speech you agree with or doesn't fuck with your money then you are not pro-Free Speech. Your pro-your issues and shutting up people who disagree with you. To be pro-speech you have to allow for ideas you dislike to be speech as well.
    Last edited by TTURedRaider; 07-30-2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

More cancel culture from liberals. If you are only for speech you agree with or doesn't fuck with your money then you are not pro-Free Speech. Your pro-your issues and shutting up people who disagree with you. To be pro-speech you have to allow for ideas you dislike to be speech as well.
      It's not really fair to criticize NBA players who maybe have never even been to China for not speaking up about that but are willing to speak out on issues impacting their own communities.

LeBron probably deserves some flak because he's obviously aware of China's atrocities and isn't saying anything, but I'm willing to bet 95% of the NBA (and frankly 95% of America) doesn't know shit about Hong Kong and speaking out about it won't do a damn thing. Not like Trump is going to change course on China because something Khris Middleton said on Instagram.

Comment

It's not really fair to criticize NBA players who maybe have never even been to China for not speaking up about that but are willing to speak out on issues impacting their own communities.

LeBron probably deserves some flak because he's obviously aware of China's atrocities and isn't saying anything, but I'm willing to bet 95% of the NBA (and frankly 95% of America) doesn't know shit about Hong Kong and speaking out about it won't do a damn thing. Not like Trump is going to change course on China because something Khris Middleton said on Instagram.
        Not speaking out? He did the exact opposite. He essentially told Morey to shut up because his tweets were hurting the NBA. Imagine how outraged you'd be if someone said "I think he's misinformed on the topic and probably shouldn't have taken a knee without understanding the consequences"...Oh, that's right, we don't have to imagine your outrage, you posted it in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Not speaking out? He did the exact opposite. He essentially told Morey to shut up because his tweets were hurting the NBA. Imagine how outraged you'd be if someone said "I think he's misinformed on the topic and probably shouldn't have taken a knee without understanding the consequences"...Oh, that's right, we don't have to imagine your outrage, you posted it in this thread.
          I pointed out LeBron. I'm talking about the average player. That comic may have been about LeBron but it wasn't the right jersey number and the dude actually has hair.

Comment

• I used to love LeBron but he really pissed me off with that China shit. Either say nothing or say the right thing, be consistent and stop being a pussy.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
              I used to love LeBron but he really pissed me off with that China shit. Either say nothing or say the right thing, be consistent and stop being a pussy.
              He's got too much $$$ on the line. I think they made a calculation that the average American doesn't give a shit about Hong Kong and they are probably right.

Comment

He's got too much $$$ on the line. I think they made a calculation that the average American doesn't give a shit about Hong Kong and they are probably right.
                He doesn’t have to say anything. Jordan nailed this shit decades ago.

And fuck that money bullshit. Lebron’s already made enough that his grandkids are going to be wealthy, he doesn’t need to placate dictatorships.

Comment

And fuck that money bullshit. Lebron’s already made enough that his grandkids are going to be wealthy, he doesn’t need to placate dictatorships.
                  I don't know why the NBA is afraid of losing 1.3 B chinese when there are 1.4 B dotheads next door and 80% understand english. China has produced 1 goddamned player for all of NBA's efforts to foster the game's popularity in CHina

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

I don't know why the NBA is afraid of losing 1.3 B chinese when there are 1.4 B dotheads next door and 80% understand english. China has produced 1 goddamned player for all of NBA's efforts to foster the game's popularity in CHina
                    How many dot heads have made the NBA?

Comment

One Dothead owns an NBA team so there's that to consider

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

One Dothead owns an NBA team so there's that to consider
                        Of course one does, you fuckers infiltrate everything, but can any of them dribble?

Comment

Of course one does, you fuckers infiltrate everything, but can any of them dribble?
                          We cut the checks.....we leave the dribbling to the blacks.

Comment

Why isn't it fair? You have freedom of speech you don't have freedom from consequences or criticism of your speech. The issues impacting their own community is such a bullshit you can justify not speaking out on issues just by how you define community.

Its like Twitter justifying policing Trump's tweets but no disclaimers on any other world leader tweets I guess they are just focusing on "issues in their community" while having a world wide platform. You know like basketball players in the most popular basketball league in the world.

Was everyone obviously aware of the statistics of black people killed by the police? I guess its fine they didn't speak out right?

Comment

Also the Chinese (and most SE Asian countries) like basketball. Indians like cricket. It’s really that simple.

Comment

The biggest part of the problem right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X