Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPR View Post

I love conservatives. Any efforts to get more people involved in politics is met with condescension and resistance.

Almost like conservatives know their ideas are garbage and the less people know about them the better.
    Sometimes I wonder how you write stuff like this with a straight face. I guess you might not, that's possible, but it really blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Sometimes I wonder how you write stuff like this with a straight face. I guess you might not, that's possible, but it really blows my mind.
      Just calling balls and strikes. If GOP policy ideas were actually good, you'd think they'd run on them and encourage as many people to come out and vote on them as possible.

Instead, they try to suppress voting and accuse Democrats of (literally) hating Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Do you honestly think anyone voted for a campaign slogan?

A vote for a catch phrase is a vote for progress!
        Well, that and I think every President since Reagan has said, “Make America Great Again,” during their campaigns. Trump was just the first to actually make hats with it.

Comment

Just calling balls and strikes. If GOP policy ideas were actually good, you'd think they'd run on them and encourage as many people to come out and vote on them as possible.

Instead, they try to suppress voting and accuse Democrats of (literally) hating Jews.
          I’d like to think that most Republicans rolled their eyes at that remark. That was pure Trump being Trump.

Comment

I guess you are serious.

Congratulations on your ideas appealing to people who have zero life experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

You don't have any interest in removing the voting rights of all the mouth breathers that voted for Trump because MAGAMAGAMAGAMAGA?
              None whatsoever. More democracy is how you fight against corruption, not less.

The Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics https://www.amazon.com/dp/1610391845..._Xm9ICbVD2R275

Comment

Wow

They seriously want this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                  Wow

They seriously want this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I simply said the only way I’d be okay with it. I never said I wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Well, that and I think every President since Reagan has said, “Make America Great Again,” during their campaigns. Trump was just the first to actually make hats with it.
                    It's the hats! They hate these hats!

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                      Well duh. Younger people are stupid and more likely to vote in favor of their "free free free free free free free" nonsense
                      Yeah - but those school kids wearing MAGA hats in DC!!!

Comment

Do 16 year olds work? Do they pay taxes? Are they subject to the draft the minute they turn 18 and gain the right to vote in future elections?

A person who is turning 18 in 2020 can be drafted into a war with NK or whoever. They would have had no chance to vote for a Senator or a Congressperson or a President who would be making those decisions for them.

A person who is turning 18 in 2020 will be going off to college or joining the workforce in a career. They would have had no chance to vote for a Senator or a Congressperson or a President who is making regulatory and tax decisions for them.

It's literal taxation without representation. You know, the thing we fought a war over a quarter millennia ago.
                        So someone who works, pays taxes, and is eligible for the draft is your requirement to vote?

What about 14 year olds her are going to college early?

What about 12 year olds working on their parent's farm?

Comment

So someone who works, pays taxes, and is eligible for the draft is your requirement to vote?

Tough shit.

Seriously, this idea that all of society should bend over backwards to accommodate every exception known to man is why things are so fucked up.

Anyway, here's what I think should be required.

1.) Tax positive.
                          2.) 18 or older.

That right there would radically alter our political climate and restore something resembling sanity to our societal discourse. If you don't pay, you shouldn't be able to play.

Comment

What would be the cutoff age?

Comment

16 is thrown out since they get driver's licenses at that age and usually the age when they get their first job flipping burgers or whatever. I'm open to earlier ages voting if there is a compelling argument for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I guess you are serious.

Congratulations on your ideas appealing to people who have zero life experience.
                                http://www.people-press.org/2018/08/...idated-voters/

Not sure why you're taking this line. 44% of Americans over 65 voted for Clinton. The college grad divide was stark at 57 to 36.

If you're suggesting that ideas like taking an active role in climate change, seeking reform to prevent/mitigate school shootings, investing in science and advanced tech over aging tech like coal and the combustible engine, reform to provide medical care to every American, affordable avenues for advanced education etc are "appealing to people who have zero life experience" then you're the most out of touch person I think I've ever come across who pretends to be in touch.

All of those issues are popular among a wide range of the electorate. Old and young. Middle Class and poor. White and Black. Christian and Jew. etc

Comment

Working...
                                X