Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That college admissions scandal ensnaring USC, Stanford, Yale, UCLA....

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That college admissions scandal ensnaring USC, Stanford, Yale, UCLA....

    People are desperate to get into USC - do you morons now understand how elite me, worldofx and fresnoid are ?


    But lets talk about how Trump and Jared got into Harvard?

    “There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,” a former official at The Frisch School in Paramus, New Jersey, told me. “His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not.”



    https://www.propublica.org/article/t...e-into-harvard
    Starts
    03-12-2019
    Ends
    04-01-2019
    Last edited by sctrojan; 03-12-2019, 08:50 PM.

  • #2
    In breaking news, wealthy people are willing to use money to skip ahead of people who have actually earned something.

    No one is shocked about this, what's hilarious is that these dumbasses spent this much money, when they could have easily been development admits, and no one would have been in trouble with the law. Your kid wouldn't have known, you could have easily bought their way in. Happens all the time, and no one gives a damn.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post
      In breaking news, wealthy people are willing to use money to skip ahead of people who have actually earned something.

      No one is shocked about this, what's hilarious is that these dumbasses spent this much money, when they could have easily been development admits, and no one would have been in trouble with the law. Your kid wouldn't have known, you could have easily bought their way in. Happens all the time, and no one gives a damn.
      Right? Those with true wealth don’t have to worry about silly things like SAT scores? I’m more surprised at how badly they botched it. I knew several guys in both my fraternity and conservatory who’s parents bought a building or two. Hell, one guy was actually a legit talented opera singer. He got into the Jacobs School on a performance scholarship (not easy, think earning your way into Harvard) but... he was a booze hound. Dude was drunk 24/7. Hell, he was wasted playing the drunken lead in Gianni Schicchi. Talk about method acting... but yeah. Dude’s dad bought a concert hall to keep him enrolled. We all knew.

      But back to these idiots. If you can’t use your considerable income to buy your kid into college and somehow, manage to get caught? Idiots.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
        People are desperate to get into USC - do you morons now understand how elite me, worldofx and fresnoid are ?


        But lets talk about how Trump and Jared got into Harvard?

        “There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,” a former official at The Frisch School in Paramus, New Jersey, told me. “His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not.”



        https://www.propublica.org/article/t...e-into-harvard
        Trump went to the University of Pennsylvania and Jared Kushner went to Harvard. I have no reason to believe either was on merit. I also have no reason to believe Chelsea Clinton got into Stanford and Oxford based on merit.

        I just keep thinking about all the kids who should have got in to these universities based on merit but were turned away. I wonder how many valuable contributors to society were damaged by rich people buying their children into schools.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

          Trump went to the University of Pennsylvania and Jared Kushner went to Harvard. I have no reason to believe either was on merit. I also have no reason to believe Chelsea Clinton got into Stanford and Oxford based on merit.

          I just keep thinking about all the kids who should have got in to these universities based on merit but were turned away. I wonder how many valuable contributors to society were damaged by rich people buying their children into schools.
          I think it's unfair to suggest Chelsea or Sasha and Malia can't get into a good school on merit alone. It is going to be impossible for an admissions officer to review their application objectively and that's hardly their fault.

          Charles Kushner is hardly a huge name. Ditto Fred Trump. So Donald and Jared both had the chance to get in objectively on merit and clearly didn't.

          So, maybe Chelsea, Sasha and Malia will get better offers due to their parents, but its impossible to know what would happen without it. Not really their fault.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
            People are desperate to get into USC - do you morons now understand how elite me, worldofx and fresnoid are ?
            Do you get how incredibly pompous you sound? First off, USC isn’t even the highest-ranked college in your state. Nor is it the second, third or fourth-highest-ranked school in your state. Secondly, no one cares that you went to USC. Literally... no one. If you’re predicating your internet ego on going to USC, you’re doing it wrong.

            But, to sink down to your level, USC boasts a 20% acceptance rate. The Jacobs School of Music meanwhile boasts a 25% acceptance rate across the board but only a 10% acceptance rate for performance majors. Likewise, the History department is at around 15%. Furthermore, Duke (I studied a few summer semesters there) is so far ahead of USC that I don’t even have to bother with the numbers.

            Guess what? None of that matters here. Here, you’re judged by your words and thoughts. No one cares if you went to Harvard, Yale, Stanford or wherever. You can crow about your pedigree all day long. If you post nonsensical gibberish (as you often do) that is the criteria by which you are judged.

            In short, you should probably not mention USC anymore. At best, it shows that they accept people who don’t shine the best light on their college. I’d imagine they too would breathe a sigh of relief if you stopped mentioning you went there.

            You are now excused.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

              Trump went to the University of Pennsylvania and Jared Kushner went to Harvard. I have no reason to believe either was on merit. I also have no reason to believe Chelsea Clinton got into Stanford and Oxford based on merit.

              I just keep thinking about all the kids who should have got in to these universities based on merit but were turned away. I wonder how many valuable contributors to society were damaged by rich people buying their children into schools.
              Yep. That’s the part about trying to gain entrance into these type of schools that sucks. It’s not just going up against the brightest of the bright... unless you’re talking MIT or Cal Tech, where the wealthy aren’t as likely to be coddled with bullshit degrees. You’re going up against the wealthiest of the wealthy, with generations of alumni to boot. And, given that these types will literally buy their children into these schools, taking away spots that could have gone to more deserving students, the chance of getting in is further diminished by the ranks of the undeserving elite. 1000 seats at the table just became 800. It’s ridiculous.

              Comment


              • #8
                California, New York, Connecticut, and Las Vegas. Bastions of left wing privilege.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
                  California, New York, Connecticut, and Las Vegas. Bastions of left wing privilege.
                  Do you ever question why you say some of the things you say? This might be one of those times.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                    Do you ever question why you say some of the things you say? This might be one of those times.
                    Why, because a left leaning state like California, has wealthy parents that will stop at nothing to get their kids in the "right" colleges?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
                      California, New York, Connecticut, and Las Vegas. Bastions of left wing privilege.
                      And North Carolina...

                      God, you're fucking retarded.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DPR View Post

                        I think it's unfair to suggest Chelsea or Sasha and Malia can't get into a good school on merit alone. It is going to be impossible for an admissions officer to review their application objectively and that's hardly their fault.

                        Charles Kushner is hardly a huge name. Ditto Fred Trump. So Donald and Jared both had the chance to get in objectively on merit and clearly didn't.

                        So, maybe Chelsea, Sasha and Malia will get better offers due to their parents, but its impossible to know what would happen without it. Not really their fault.
                        Usually kids of highly educated parents do well in school - Barack and Michelle both lawyers - Bill and Hillary - both lawyers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

                          Why, because a left leaning state like California, has wealthy parents that will stop at nothing to get their kids in the "right" colleges?
                          Because California is left leaning we have great colleges that everybody wants to get into.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Elizabeth Warren: "I have no sympathy for people who cheated to get into college:


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So this story is all about SC beating his chest about how great his school is?

                              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X