Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sen. Burr etc were just doing what Congress has done for generations.

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    TTU has a hardon for Pelosi when she has don't nothing wrong and hasn't even been accused of any wrong doing.

TTU's mad a Pelosi because she is/was the most successful and competent Speaker of the house. She got Obamacare passed and Trump impeached. HUUUUUGE!....both things that he's secretly upset about but will come here and tell the board that he's not a trump voter.
    They've all done something wrong, you just have to open your eyes.

Leave a comment:

• DSMoneypit
    replied
    I think that anyone of them caught doing this should be in prison.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    TTU has hardon for... RAWR... things. Things that are... thingy. With other things. RAWRRRRR! .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Pollaski
    replied
    Obvious thread is obvious.

How else do you enter Congress upper-middle class, make $175k-ish per year while maintaining a second residence in one of the most expensive cities in America, and leave a multimillionaire?

Burr, Ayotte, and Feinstein just were dumb enough to do it at a really super obvious time.

Leave a comment:

• TTURedRaider
    replied
    TTU has a hardon for Pelosi when she has don't nothing wrong and hasn't even been accused of any wrong doing.

TTU's mad a Pelosi because she is/was the most successful and competent Speaker of the house. She got Obamacare passed and Trump impeached. HUUUUUGE!....both things that he's secretly upset about but will come here and tell the board that he's not a trump voter.
    "When she don't nothing wrong..."

Also a competent Speaker doesn't get shellacked in the 2010 election and lose the House for her party. In every other country a change in party leadership would occur. In our country? Nothing happens.

I believe in term limits and ethics.

The Republicans are awful but this bullshit of well Democrats aren't quite as bad so they get a pass is nonsense.

Trump should have to put all his crap in a blind trust so too should members of Congress and their spouses.

Yet Liberals say nothing when Democrats mix business with their official legislating work. Just like the hypocrisy of believe all women except for when the accuse a Democrat.
    Last edited by TTURedRaider; 05-23-2020, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sen. Burr etc were just doing what Congress has done for generations.

The only difference is the Stock Act didn't exist back then. I mean how do you think Pelosi and others got rich just being in Congress?

https://www.businessinsider.com/cong...-money-2011-11

For years, Pelosi has pushed for federal transportation earmarks to build and extend a lightrail project in her affluent San Francisco district, securing more than $890 million for the project between 2004 and 2011. Interestingly, Pelosi and her husband own an office building, valued between $1 million and $5 million, located at a prime distance from one of the planned lightrail stops. If the project is completed, the Pelosis could see the property value increase by as much as 150%, according to Schweizer.

In 2006, Pelosi also managed to get a $20 million earmark for waterfront redevelopment just blocks away from the same office building. In another instance, she got $12 million for a beautification project abutting another property owned by the Pelosis.

Pelosi's real estate portfolio has also gotten a boost from her friends in Congress. In 2010, Rep. Bernie Thompson (D-MI) got a $800,000 earmark to upgrade the Napa Valley airport. Pelosi, who helped Thompson get his position as chair of the Homeland Security Committee, owns or has stake in multiple properties that would benefit from the project.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/congres...information/3/

Schweizer: If you were a senator, Steve, and I gave you $10,000 cash, one or both of us is probably gonna go to jail. But if I'm a corporate executive and you're a senator, and I give you IPO shares in stock and over the course of one day that stock nets you $100,000, that's completely legal.

And former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her husband have participated in at least eight IPOs. One of those came in 2008, from Visa, just as a troublesome piece of legislation that would have hurt credit card companies, began making its way through the House. Undisturbed by a potential conflict of interest the Pelosis purchased 5,000 shares of Visa at the initial price of $44 dollars. Two days later it was trading at $64. The credit card legislation never made it to the floor of the House.

Congresswoman Pelosi also declined our request for an interview, but agreed to call on us if we attended a news conference.

Kroft: Madam Leader, I wanted to ask you why you and your husband back in March of 2008 accepted and participated in a very large IPO deal from Visa at a time there was major legislation affecting the credit card companies making its way through the-- through the House.

Nancy Pelosi: But--

Kroft: And did you consider that to be a conflict of interest?

Pelosi: The-- y-- I-- I don't know what your point is of your question. Is there some point that you want to make with that?

Kroft: Well, I-- I-- I guess what I'm asking is do you think it's all right for a speaker to accept a very preferential, favorable stock deal?

Pelosi: Well, we didn't.

Kroft: You participated in the IPO. And at the time you were speaker of the House. You don't think it was a conflict of interest or had the appearance--

Pelosi: No, it was not--

Kroft: --of a conflict of interest?

Pelosi: --it doesn't-- it only has appearance if you decide that you're going to have-- elaborate on a false premise. But it-- it-- it's not true and that's that.

Kroft: I don't understand what part's not true.

Pelosi: Yes sir. That-- that I would act upon an investment.

Congresswoman Pelosi pointed out that the tough credit card legislation eventually passed, but it was two years later and was initiated in the Senate.

Pelosi: I will hold my record in terms of fighting the credit card companies as speaker of the House or as a member of Congress up against anyone.

Corporate executives, members of the executive branch and all federal judges are subject to strict conflict of interest rules. But not the people who write the laws.
    Last edited by TTURedRaider; 05-23-2020, 11:32 AM.
Working...
X