Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

I think he thinks like most of us. How many of us dreamed of conquering the world? It’s just… most of us don’t even come close.

To Spartan’s point, there’s nothing wrong with his brain. He’s an egotistical elitist. Just like most humans out there.

Everyone wants to assign Musk with either high-minded ideals or lambast him for their lack. He’s human. He suffers from that, in spite of his seeming lack of humanity.

The guy knows that, by creating controversy, he makes more money.

The end.
    I think that's pretty normal thought, when you're 12. If you're well into adulthood and you still harbor delusions of grandeur, you're probably not right in the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I think that's pretty normal thought, when you're 12. If you're well into adulthood and you still harbor delusions of grandeur, you're probably not right in the head.
      He doesn’t entertain delusions of grandeur. For guys like him, they’re not delusions. He’s the richest people on the planet… depending on the day. He lost $12 billion today, which is hard to conceptualize for most. If Musk wanted a sit-down with Putin or the Queen of England, he’s probably getting it. Thus, if there’s a cabal of people running shit, he’s one of those people.

It’s hard to imagine having the means to, quite literally, do anything you want to do. One can only hope that power is accompanied by great responsibility. But, in the case of Twitter, he’s doing what is the most profitable thing to do: build controversy and capitalize on it. For every day that Trump is there, the guy makes like $1,000,000,000.

Like… he could pay a guy $10,000,000,000 to let him hunt him down like an animal, kill him, skin and eat him, have Rammstein write a song about it, and he would never see anything negative come of it. Literally… he can do… anything.

Now. Are people like this sane? That’s a really good question. I think having the money to do whatever fuckery you can imagine, with zero consequences, could lead one down a pretty dark path.

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

LOL @ you conservatives RUSHING to claim Elon as one of your own - you can have him.

Tesla was started in California and dont you fucking forget that - ONLY California values can give rise to Tesla, SPaceX, Lucid, Rivian and hopefully Apple's Canoo
        Gotta love how the left goes so fucking insane that they drive off the richest and one of the mist influential and powerful fuckers on the planet and yet they STILL cannot take accountability for themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibleed View Post

Gotta love how the left goes so fucking insane that they drive off the richest and one of the mist influential and powerful fuckers on the planet and yet they STILL cannot take accountability for themselves.
          I don’t think Musk fits anyone’s definition of conservative or liberal. He’s way beyond that. When he does something that conservatives like or benefits them, they claim him. Same goes for liberals. It’s human nature.

Comment

I don’t think Musk fits anyone’s definition of conservative or liberal. He’s way beyond that. When he does something that conservatives like or benefits them, they claim him. Same goes for liberals. It’s human nature.
            When Elon constantly shits on the people who fucking made him the richest guy, don't you think there is gonna be some push back?

Comment

He seems to he a classical liberal. He has been vocally in support of free speech, and obviously a capitalist (to the point of being a militant capitalist). Most conservatives simply viewed him as just another in a long line of rich people who simply vote democrat because thats what they're "supposed" to do.

I don't think he's a conservative at all. He's just become alienated by the modern democrat party because he went against the CULT hivemind orthodoxy. So he's claiming to be voting republican because they are a convenient support group. I still dont buy that he's going to follow through with it.
              Last edited by ibleed; 05-19-2022, 07:37 AM.

Comment

He seems to he a classical liberal. He has been vocally in support of free speech, and obviously a capitalist (to the point of being a militant capitalist). Most conservatives simply viewed him as just another in a long line of rich people who simply vote democrat because thats what they're "supposed" to do.

I don't think he's a conservative at all. He's just become alienated by the modern democrat party because he went against the CULT hivemind orthodoxy. So he's claiming to be voting republican because they are a convenient support group. I still dont buy that he's going to follow through with it.
                1) I sincerely doubt Musk has voted Democrat his whole life (at least since becoming a citizen). I wouldn't even be surprised if he's not even registered to vote.

2) He's not in support of free speech. You're right that he's "vocally" in support of it, but in practice he punishes people who speak freely if that speech is something he disagrees with.

3) He's become "alienated by the modern democrat party" because they went back to supporting unions. Musk is a union buster like Bezos. It's no surprise that when Chris Smalls visited Biden in the White House, the richest people in America who are wary of unions started getting super vocal against Biden and Democrats.

4) I totally buy that he's supporting Republicans. He's a rich white guy who is against unions and class-action lawsuits on behalf of workers. I would be shocked if he supported Democrats. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's donated a shitload of money to Republicans since 2016.

Comment

• Actually, the more I think about it, the more Democrats should ADVERTISE that Musk is supporting Republicans. Here is the world's richest man who is trying to stamp out the rights of workers in his factories, outsources tons of materials and services to China and India, and he is a vocal supporter of the Republican Party.

Comment

Okay. Maybe he’s a classic liberal. But, I doubt someone like Musk votes for anyone based on being “supposed” to. If anything, I think that’s projection on the part of conservatives. After all, guys like Musk are “supposed” to vote conservative.

I don’t think he’s “Liberal” or “Conservative” in any context of today. Rather, I think he’s voted for people on both sides, but by his own admission, more so for Democrats. So, he’s said he’s voting Republican next time around and has claimed their loyalty to unions as a major part of his decision. And, if you have to ask why Musk is against unions… just think about it.

Regardless, I still think most of his rhetoric of late is simply to create drama around Twitter. He’s got both sides frothing at the mouth. I kinda imagine him sitting behind his desk, screaming, “Dance, monkeys, dance!”

And they are. Both sides want to claim him, but both sides are ready to lambast him if he leans towards the other.

Comment

I don't think you know what classical liberalism is. How can someone who believes in laissez-faire economics accept tens of billions of dollars in government subsidies for his business?

Most likely, he's an Austrian School neoliberal or some other flavor of right wing authoritarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I don't think you know what classical liberalism is. How can someone who believes in laissez-faire economics accept tens of billions of dollars in government subsidies for his business?

Most likely, he's an Austrian School neoliberal or some other flavor of right wing authoritarian.
                        I could see him ascribing to the Austrian School. Musk doesn’t seem like a math junkie. Although, as I understand it, that school of thought is almost universally shunned by normal folks.

Comment

• There you have it!

HuffPost: Elon Musk Says He Will Vote Republican During Next Election Cycle.
                          https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-...=NEWSSTAND0001

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                            There you have it!

HuffPost: Elon Musk Says He Will Vote Republican During Next Election Cycle.
                            https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-...=NEWSSTAND0001
                            Welcome to what we’ve been talking about. You really don’t read, do you?

Comment

• SpaceX, the aerospace firm founded by Elon Musk, the world's wealthiest man, paid a flight attendant $250,000 to settle a sexual misconduct claim against Musk in 2018, Insider has learned.
                              The attendant worked as a member of the cabin crew on a contract basis for SpaceX's corporate jet fleet. She accused Musk of exposing his erect penis to her, rubbing her leg without consent, and offering to buy her a horse in exchange for an erotic massage, according to interviews and documents obtained by Insider.
                              https://www.engadget.com/elon-musk-s...5.html?src=rss

Comment

• It’s probably good that his mom or team tries to set him up on dates if that’s his go to move.

Comment

Working...
                                X