Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we do need gun control

https://www.reporternews.com/story/n...rd/1889385001/

Just heard about this story earlier today. Mandatory IQ testing for firearm purchases, please.

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
    https://www.reporternews.com/story/n...rd/1889385001/

Just heard about this story earlier today. Mandatory IQ testing for firearm purchases, please.
    Eh...I think they're going to be convicted because the video convenintly doesn't show the victim until after the shooting. But, if I'm armed with a gun and someone is less than 3 feet away about to swing a bat at me. I know for a fact I'm defending myself. That being said, how dumb do you have to be to threaten someone "WHO IS HOLDING A FUCKING GUN"? I'm not saying they were right to shoot him, but based on the witnesses report, he was less than 3 feet away from the father when he raised the bat to swing and was shot twice. Then, after being shot twice, he threw the bat at them. Oh, and I especially loved the part in the articles where they say, after he threw the bat, he was unarmed. No one is ever unarmed, more people are murdered each year with hand and feet than with rifles.

The things that bother me about this is, why were they armed with weapons to begin with (both groups). It was an argument over trash, who fucking cares. Based on that alone, I think all parties involved should be removed from society permanently.

Comment

Oh, and I believe a basic proficiency course should be mandatory for all gun owners. Make it part of the background check system. Sort of like what they do for CCW holders in Florida. You have to have been through a certified firearm instructiom course as a prerequisite for applying. Add some type of ID requirement for purchase. And before Trojan jumps in saying something. This has been one of the things I have wanted for a while. Along with fixing the background check, I've wanted someway of making people prove they're able to safely handle a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
        Oh, and I believe a basic proficiency course should be mandatory for all gun owners. Make it part of the background check system. Sort of like what they do for CCW holders in Florida. You have to have been through a certified firearm instructiom course as a prerequisite for applying. Add some type of ID requirement for purchase. And before Trojan jumps in saying something. This has been one of the things I have wanted for a while. Along with fixing the background check, I've wanted someway of making people prove they're able to safely handle a firearm.

Here you are mandating personal responsibility on guns but you laughed at Obama trying to mandate personal responsibility on healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Here you are mandating personal responsibility on guns but you laughed at Obama trying to mandate personal responsibility on healthcare.
          Obama's health care mandate was forcing people to purchase a product. Buying a gun is an optional decision.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Obama's health care mandate was forcing people to purchase a product. Buying a gun is an optional decision.
            But buying a gun safety course is a requirement right? And being responsible (whatever that means) is A requirement , right?

If you don't want to buy healthcare then just die. That solves the problem for those who feel that it's a burden

Comment

But buying a gun safety course is a requirement right? And being responsible (whatever that means) is A requirement , right?
              I knew better than to respond to your obtuse bullshit.

Comment

Comment

I knew better than to respond to your obtuse bullshit.
                  What's obtuse? You buy a gun - then according to DSMoney - you're forced to purchase a gun safety training class - who knows how much that costs? Then DS wants you have to be responsible gun owner - that usually requires you to purchase "insurance" of some sorts.....because that's what responsible people do - it's like the Geico commercial

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                    Yeah some fucking judge blocked Gavin Newsom's ammunition background safety check bill

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...hecks-misfire/

So tell me again how DSMoney wants only responsible people owning guns?

The argument was:
                    The costs of the checks and the legal hassles of getting around them are primarily harming poorer Californians. These are the very people who are the most likely victims of violent crime and who stand to benefit the most from being able to protect themselves.

How is this different from the ACA mandate. Hey if you're poor and you need ammo, then let the govt subsidize your background check.
                    Last edited by sctrojan; 05-03-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

What's obtuse? You buy a gun - then according to DSMoney - you're forced to purchase a gun safety training class - who knows how much that costs? Then DS wants you have to be responsible gun owner - that usually requires you to purchase "insurance" of some sorts.....because that's what responsible people do - it's like the Geico commercial
                      Because, you fucking nimrod, EVERYONE was required to purchase health insurance.
                      You electively buy a gun. Nobody is forced to buy a gun. If you do choose to purchase a gun, then having to pass a safety test is a part of that FREELY accepted purchase.

Comment

Because, you fucking nimrod, EVERYONE was required to purchase health insurance.
                        You electively buy a gun. Nobody is forced to buy a gun. If you do choose to purchase a gun, then having to pass a safety test is a part of that FREELY accepted purchase.
                        You fucking idiot - everybody who buys a gun is forced to buy the safety course.

Everybody is forced to buy health insurance because everybody has "health" - if you're dead there is no requirement for your family to continue paying for healthcare.

Do you fucking understand the concept of "health" being a tangible possession like a gun?

Comment

You fucking idiot - everybody who buys a gun is forced to buy the safety course.

Everybody is forced to buy health insurance because everybody has "health" - if you're dead there is no requirement for your family to continue paying for healthcare.

Do you fucking understand the concept of "health" being a tangible possession like a gun?
                          The most important revelation from this discussion is the continued fact that you are a complete moron.

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...onths-n1196621

Father and son in coastal Georgia see a black man jogging. They assume he's an armed criminal and chase him down and shoot him. Neither have been charged with any crime and the victim, who was unarmed and not a criminal, is very much dead.

If you read this in a book about 1920s America you'd think this was an old-fashioned lynching. But it is 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post
                              https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...onths-n1196621

Father and son in coastal Georgia see a black man jogging. They assume he's an armed criminal and chase him down and shoot him. Neither have been charged with any crime and the victim, who was unarmed and not a criminal, is very much dead.

If you read this in a book about 1920s America you'd think this was an old-fashioned lynching. But it is 2020.
                              That reads like another George Zimmerman case. Up until the confrontation, fucking idiots being idiots. This also appears to be racist idiots. Then the confrontation comes. Based on the reports, the victim was the aggressor. Too me, this should easily be a manslaughter conviction, proving murder will be more difficult.

As far as the delay in charges, it appears the delay is based on the fact that several DAs have recused themselves due to conflict of interest. Shouldn't have taken this long, and that one DA that said they were in their rights and shouldn't be charged is a moron.

Comment

Working...
                              X