Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODT: General Elections 2020

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DPR View Post

    And just like then, the Nazis relied on you Ernst Thalmann types to compete for votes with the centrist party.
    All I see are two right wing parties. Unlike Wiemar Germany, our last left of center head of state was more than 40 years ago. So excuse me if I don't want to vote for your von Papen.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Spartan View Post

      All I see are two right wing parties. Unlike Wiemar Germany, our last left of center head of state was more than 40 years ago. So excuse me if I don't want to vote for your von Papen.
      Nach Trump, uns!

      Far-left socialists, playing the fool for right-wing authoritarians for a century. Also, just LOL at calling Carter "left of center" but not Obama. Carter hired Volcker and ushered in the age of neoliberal fiscal policy in America.

      Comment


      • https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1321165425531592708

        7 days out from the election and the Trump campaign is mocking Joe Biden's Catholic faith.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Spartan View Post

          All I see are two right wing parties. Unlike Wiemar Germany, our last left of center head of state was more than 40 years ago. So excuse me if I don't want to vote for your von Papen.
          So democrats who believe in global warming, mask wearing, women's right to choose, green energy futures are right wing?

          What's your definition of left wing? Give people free shit all day long? govt control of all production? basically soviet russia circa 1960?

          Comment


          • https://twitter.com/WakeUp2Politics/...66602465890307

            Trump campaign pulling ads from Florida for final week of election and focusing on Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Minnesota.

            I honestly don't understand this move unless his campaign has some seriously favorable internals on North Carolina, Florida and Arizona.

            Edit: conflicting reporting here, supposedly some super PACs are still running Trump ads but not specifically the Trump campaign.
            Last edited by DPR; 10-27-2020, 04:08 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DPR View Post

              Nach Trump, uns!

              Far-left socialists, playing the fool for right-wing authoritarians for a century. Also, just LOL at calling Carter "left of center" but not Obama. Carter hired Volcker and ushered in the age of neoliberal fiscal policy in America.
              After Trump, us?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                After Trump, us?
                Yes. Are you familiar with the 1932 German elections?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DPR View Post

                  Yes. Are you familiar with the 1932 German elections?
                  Yeah. Sorry, I’m not firing on all cylinders today.

                  Comment


                  • I guess 2008 was just too long ago.

                    Comment


                    • I voted today at Paul Milsap’s gym. Not kidding. He has a large private basketball center where I guess he’d do clinics and travel basketball and whatnot. As opposed to opening up a stuffy old high school gym or library, Milsap donated the space for early voting. The other place I tried to go to had a massive line every time so I googled other places and sure enough, no wait at all.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                        I voted today at Paul Milsap’s gym. Not kidding. He has a large private basketball center where I guess he’d do clinics and travel basketball and whatnot. As opposed to opening up a stuffy old high school gym or library, Milsap donated the space for early voting. The other place I tried to go to had a massive line every time so I googled other places and sure enough, no wait at all.
                        Nice. My mom has always voted at one of three places. But then she found that they were letting people vote at this Senior Center and the line was like 4 people.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DPR View Post

                          Nach Trump, uns!

                          Far-left socialists, playing the fool for right-wing authoritarians for a century. Also, just LOL at calling Carter "left of center" but not Obama. Carter hired Volcker and ushered in the age of neoliberal fiscal policy in America.
                          I love the arrogance of Democrats. "Everyone but us are authoritarians or fools to their bidding. We don't have anything to offer you, so we'll just insult you until you vote for us!"

                          How many middle easterners and Africans did obama bomb from on high? I could count on one of their severed limbs how many Carter did.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DPR View Post
                            https://twitter.com/WakeUp2Politics/...66602465890307

                            Trump campaign pulling ads from Florida for final week of election and focusing on Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Minnesota.

                            I honestly don't understand this move unless his campaign has some seriously favorable internals on North Carolina, Florida and Arizona.

                            Edit: conflicting reporting here, supposedly some super PACs are still running Trump ads but not specifically the Trump campaign.
                            He's losing Arizona and winning Florida.

                            I don't think it's a bad strategy to focus on those big 4 states again, but the polls are considerably worse to the point that we absolutely know there's tampering going on if he losing Michigan again.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                              Nice. My mom has always voted at one of three places. But then she found that they were letting people vote at this Senior Center and the line was like 4 people.
                              Because of the conspiracy of voter suppression in spots that vote a certain way in Georgia, the little elementary school I voted at got consolidated with four other places with the same number of machines and volunteers. I had to wait for the first time ever last cycle. Odd how that works.

                              Glad to be done. I wish there was some op out of ads since I voted.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                                Because of the conspiracy of voter suppression in spots that vote a certain way in Georgia, the little elementary school I voted at got consolidated with four other places with the same number of machines and volunteers. I had to wait for the first time ever last cycle. Odd how that works.

                                Glad to be done. I wish there was some op out of ads since I voted.
                                I wish you could op out of the mail and text messages. Someone was texting me a slideshow and all this other bullshit the other day.

                                I used to be a somewhat of a Republican my email is full of Trump and Pence asking for money.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X