Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wish I could have this kind of faith in politicians. It must be nice to think we live in a world where the people in charge aren’t 99% incompetent, self serving, sociopaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
      I really wish I could have this kind of faith in politicians. It must be nice to think we live in a world where the people in charge aren’t 99% incompetent, self serving, sociopaths.
      Same here, could you imagine being able to get excited if your party won. For me it's just a feeling of dread.

Comment

I really wish I could have this kind of faith in politicians. It must be nice to think we live in a world where the people in charge aren’t 99% incompetent, self serving, sociopaths.
        Were you asleep during 8 years of Obama? Hate him all you want, but he wasn't this incompetent. He got hit with H1N1 the first few months in office amid a recession and a healthcare fight and that was so-so. Move forward to Ebola which I think he handled very well. Then he put together the playbook for pandemics, built the pandemic response team in which he outlined that we wanted people in Africa, China etc where they can be first-line responders to any novel virus and take immediate action to contain it.

I'm not saying Obama would have been wonderful with COVID, but after 4 years of Trump, a lot of us just think it is normal for a president to just openly give zero fucks if people are dying of a virus because it isn't interesting to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Same here, could you imagine being able to get excited if your party won. For me it's just a feeling of dread.
          Hard to be all happy when your favorite group of corrupt assholes are in power over the other group of corrupt assholes.

Comment

I don’t think it matters, because I literally don’t know a single person who treats what Trump says as gospel and follows him without question. I say that as someone who lives in a state that Trump won by a gigantic margin too, so I think I’m qualified to say that to a certain extent.

Yeah, personally I’m not 100% sure masks do anything either. Half the people that wear them are taking them off or touching their face and other shit constantly, and you’re never going to stop people from doing things like hooking up with each other and hanging out with friends. Most of the the people I’ve known that have contracted the virus in recent months wear masks everywhere. I mean it can’t hurt, but I won’t be surprised if 5-10 years from now we find out that it was pointless.

Okay, and? Sometimes I wonder what you guys think people are actually like, because it doesn’t match up with my experience at all. You seem to believe that people hear something from a prominent figure, believe it without question, and immediately put into practice what that person says. This isn’t a pattern I observe in reality, at least not very often. Everybody knows Trump is full of shit, especially his supporters.
            The only people doing that are the ones trying to convince the world how much they hate him.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ericbradner/stat...28465365979138

Get a load of this textualism and originalism from Justice Kegstand. He incorrectly cites multiple cases in his concurrence to block extensions for counting mailed ballots and also incorrectly assumed that states call winners on election night, which he of all people should know is not true since he was a lead counsel for Bush v Gore in 2000 which didn't call Florida for more than a month.

Not only are these Justices staunch partisans, but they are idiots as well.

Comment

• 1 week out RCP 2016

Clinton - 47.5 (+2.2)
                Trump - 45.3

Biden - 50.5 (+7.3)
                Trump - 43.2

It would take a monumental polling error in Trump's favor for him to win this. Or, as the WI ruling suggests, some court fuckery to invalidate millions of legal ballots.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
                  https://twitter.com/ericbradner/stat...28465365979138

Get a load of this textualism and originalism from Justice Kegstand. He incorrectly cites multiple cases in his concurrence to block extensions for counting mailed ballots and also incorrectly assumed that states call winners on election night, which he of all people should know is not true since he was a lead counsel for Bush v Gore in 2000 which didn't call Florida for more than a month.

Not only are these Justices staunch partisans, but they are idiots as well.
                  https://youtu.be/VRJecfRxbr8

Still funny.

Comment

• If you’re going to encourage armed limped dicked losers to stand guard as I vote in a week at least spell the name of my damn city right, bro.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...371334145?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                      If you’re going to encourage armed limped dicked losers to stand guard as I vote in a week at least spell the name of my damn city right, bro.

Just send a bunch of black people with guns to watch polls in Trump country and white people will be staining their pants.

Comment

If you’re going to encourage armed limped dicked losers to stand guard as I vote in a week at least spell the name of my damn city right, bro.

Today is the last day to vote early. Go to your local courthouse or county recorder and request an absentee ballot and return it to them filled out. Easy peasy.

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2d8_story.html

Twenty former U.S. attorneys — all of them Republicans — on Tuesday publicly called President Trump “a threat to the rule of law in our country,” and urged that he be replaced in November with his Democratic opponent, former vice president Joe Biden.

“The President has clearly conveyed that he expects his Justice Department appointees and prosecutors to serve his personal and political interests,” said the former prosecutors in an open letter. They accused Trump of taking “action against those who have stood up for the interests of justice.”
                          The letter, signed by prosecutors appointed by every GOP president from Eisenhower to Trump, is the latest instance of Republicans backing Biden. In August, dozens of GOP national security experts signed a full-page newspaper ad endorsing Biden over Trump.
                          I feel like in any other election cycle, 20 former Obama/Clinton US attorneys saying Joe Biden is a threat to the rule of law in this country would be cataclysmic to his chances. This will barely get a mention beyond this article.

Comment

I said in 2016 that Trumpism isn't like Nazism because of how important brownshirts and voter intimidation tactics were to the Nazis holding power.

I stand corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I said in 2016 that Trumpism isn't like Nazism because of how important brownshirts and voter intimidation tactics were to the Nazis holding power.

I stand corrected.
                              And just like then, the Nazis relied on you Ernst Thalmann types to compete for votes with the centrist party.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Today is the last day to vote early. Go to your local courthouse or county recorder and request an absentee ballot and return it to them filled out. Easy peasy.

I’m voting in person on Election Day...if anything just to show I’m not intimidated by these cucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X