Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

That scratches the surface. But please tell me, since you've stated your plans to vote for Biden. How excited about that are you?
    I'll be honest with you I've never been that excited to vote for anyone. I don't think its suppose to be. I'm not excited to vote for Biden. But I feel a growing sense of obligation to vote against Trump having experience his leadership, responsibility, grace, etc for 3.5+ years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I'll be honest with you I've never been that excited to vote for anyone. I don't think its suppose to be. I'm not excited to vote for Biden. But I feel a growing sense of obligation to vote against Trump having experience his leadership, responsibility, grace, etc for 3.5+ years now.
      When I was younger, voting was more exciting. Not that I was naive about politics, but I felt like it was a rite of passage and important to have my voice heard, even if I knew the candidate had very little chance of winning.

I think after going through college, though, I started to become more disillusioned with politics in general. Voting for people that I legitimately didn't like didn't sit well with me (as long as I was voting for the right "side" though, I did it). Then I started to question what my side was, and whether either political party actually accommodated it. I started voting more on principle or opposition than support. I voted for Gary Johnson twice. I live in a state that is going to vote for the reddest of red candidates now. Tennessee will easily carry Trump whether I vote for Biden or Jimmy McMillan.

I don't particularly like Joe Biden, though I might have voted for him if he had run in 2016. But even though my vote is pissing in the wind, I feel it's necessary for as many people in my position as possible to vote for him. The chance of shenanigans happening will be less if both the EC and popular vote are heavily in Biden's favor, as well as a smaller MOV for Trump in heavy red states. I've never felt uncertain about a president potentially contesting an election, staging a coup, or doing something that could be a legitimate threat to our nation's democracy until now. I thought the media was soft on Obama, and that he had to many forgiving fans. But this is like a straight up cult.

Comment

• If anything it is time to try someone else without dementia until the Boomer trend ends in the WH.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by FuqMizzou; 07-31-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Yeah. Now, Trump is getting shat upon by conservatives who were once his supporters. Conservatives, who once viewed some fears presented by Democrats as fanciful hyperbole, are now seeing those dystopian fears weren’t so far-fetched. It’s one of those times when you hate to be right if you’re not on Team Trump... but just as bad to be wrong.

Here’s one from Steven Calabresi, Co-Founder of the Federalist Society. In other words, very much a conservative.

"But I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.”
          For Trump, the hits kept coming. This time, from another conservative think tank guy, Henry Olsen.

"It is the single most anti-democratic statement any sitting president has ever made.”

"Trump's tweet jumps the shark in so many ways that it is impossible to ignore. Such a statement should be unthinkable (in fact, I assumed it was unthinkable, which is why I strongly criticized Biden in April when he claimed without evidence that Trump would try to delay the election).”
          Basically, all these guys thought that Biden was off his rocker when he suggested Trump would “try to kick back the election somehow,” and yet... here we are, with Trump suggesting that we do the very thing about which Biden warned us.

Mail-in voting clearly terrifies Trump, but why? There’s not a ton of data suggesting that it would skew for one side over the other. So, what does Trump know that we don’t know?

While he won via the Electoral College, he lost the popular vote. One could conjecture that Trump is terrified that it will result in more votes cast by those that the GOP has fought to suppress over the years.

Which, if true, would make Trump’s screeching about tens of millions of fraudulent votes a potentially tacit admission to GOP voter suppression. Otherwise, why bother? Except, because we know Trump, we already know the answer.

Is it simpler to conclude that there is a vast conspiracy to cheat Trump of what he clearly sees as his ordained victory or that Trump is so crippled by malignant narcissism that, for him, any loss must be through no fault of his own?

I’m betting on the latter. Narcissists always believe that they’re the hero of their own story. So, I’m also betting on the fact that, if Trump indeed loses, that shit will get really interesting. And this time, I don’t think Barr will be able to bail him out.

Then again? I’ve been wrong before.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
            If anything it is time to try someone else with dementia until the Boomer trend ends in the WH.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
            May we have the less-evil geezer, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post
              Here’s one from Steven Calabresi, Co-Founder of the Federalist Society. In other words, very much a conservative.

For Trump, the hits kept coming. This time, from another conservative think tank guy, Henry Olsen.
              Both of these guys will vote for Trump. One of the worst parts of the Trump era is having to be held hostage by the voices of these assholes. The disingenuous "oh, is he going to not vote Republican finally?" murmurings are old and busted. Trump could eat a baby on stage and they'll still vote for him. He's going to get no fewer than 60 million votes in November.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Both of these guys will vote for Trump. One of the worst parts of the Trump era is having to be held hostage by the voices of these assholes. The disingenuous "oh, is he going to not vote Republican finally?" murmurings are old and busted. Trump could eat a baby on stage and they'll still vote for him. He's going to get no fewer than 60 million votes in November.
                It’s nuts that Constitutional scholars are surprised that Trump is profoundly incurious when it comes to the Constitution.

In this tweet, Trump shows us he does not understand how the First Amendment works in any capacity. As TTU said, I don’t have to like what you say, I respect your right to say it. The flag is a symbol while the Constitution is the soul of our nation. In Trump’s America, anything with which his base draws ire, gets jail time. Burning flags. Writing graffiti on Confederate monuments. Not voting for Trump.

Comment

I know what you mean. That’s why I hate partisans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

It’s nuts that Constitutional scholars are surprised that Trump is profoundly incurious when it comes to the Constitution.
                    Not really. Both of these dickheads know exactly who Trump is. They think by sounding the alarm here they can reign him in just enough to continue controlling him. One of those guys is the chair of the Federalist Society, who has been stacking the courts with right-wing loons for 3.5 years. He's happy as a clam and just wants Trump to be quiet for a bit so he can get reelected.

Not a single one have ever entertained the thought of not voting for Trump. They are smart enough to try and provide themselves with political cover so they aren't ostracized by their elitist intellectual circles.

Comment

• Interesting read if there are no elections held on Nov 3 - Trump and Pence are out on Jan 20 - everybody in the house is out - all senators up for election are out - which leaves the democrats in majority of the senate and they would elect Joe Biden to be president - Be careful for what you wish Donny

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...t-biden-389728

Comment

• https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...tancing-2020-8

GOP convention will bar press from attending.

Comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...tancing-2020-8

Ugh.

Comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...tancing-2020-8

What about OAN and Fox? I guess they'll get special dispensation.

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

What about OAN and Fox? I guess they'll get special dispensation.
                              Fox is pissing him off. But I bet OAN, Sinclair, etc get to cover it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Fox is pissing him off. But I bet OAN, Sinclair, etc get to cover it.
                                Wait. Really?

Comment

Working...
                                X