Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
    The crux of this thread is that team playing Democrats are some hypocritical sumbitches.
    Why should our guy have to get accused if your guy didn't? Shouldn't you just accept Biden's version if you accept Kavanaugh? Clearly you guys aren't as hypocritical as we are - right?

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Tara Raede didn't bring this shit up when Biden was being vetted for Obama's VP. So as DPR said, this is all Bernie bros coordinating with the Trump mafia to put her up now when our only hope is Biden. She could have come out at any other time if her story were true.
      Which is why I think she's full of shit. That's my point. Both women were full of shit, but DPR to this day believes that Dr Ford was being altruistic and was acting in good faith. His opinion of Reade is that she's a Bernie's bro mole who is trying to trash a candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
        The crux of this thread is that team playing partisans are some hypocritical sumbitches.
        FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Which is why I think she's full of shit. That's my point. Both women were full of shit, but DPR to this day believes that Dr Ford was being altruistic and was acting in good faith. His opinion of Reade is that she's a Bernie's bro mole who is trying to trash a candidate.
          This may come as a shock to you but I've been critical of the MeToo movement - all these women coming out after 20-30 years to accuse men of some sexual harassment is utter BS.

Most of these women have approached powerful men to advance their career or get some kind of favor - and yes in the old days sex was a currency used. Women of substance didn't have to do this shit - women who did worked hard and ethically and got promoted didn't have to rub up against some powerful guy.

Women who were brutally raped have always been able to get their attackers behind bars - its not like we have never locked up rapists until the MeToo movement came along.

Sexual harassment is not criminal. but these days if you even ask a woman out a 2nd time after she says no the first is considered sexual harassment.

Lets also be clear - Women use their sexuality to get things they want. Men need sex and if they have something to offer they will use their power to get their way as well.

You never see a sexy woman accuse a broke ass dude for sexual harassment.
          Last edited by sctrojan; 05-23-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

No she didn't. She never even brought it up to any if her friends until 2012 because she was in counseling. I don't recall her mother or friends going on television and talking about it.
            Why would she bring it up to anyone? Kavanaugh, at the time, was some frat bro. Or maybe she did and nobody remembers because this sort of thing happens all of the time across America?

She was also coached for months on it before letting it come public. Pretty easy to keep a consistent story that way. Still, her reason for bringing it forward. "The trauma of not being able to travel because of claustrophobia and feeling trapped" was proven false. She freely travels on planes for business and pleasure. She didn't have to have a second door so she wouldn't feel trapped, she needed it to make extra money. She never mentioned it to her friends, and the people she claimed she did tell (aside from the therapist) didn't back her up.
            Ford didn't say she can't fly. She just has a strong fear of flying, which is hardly uncommon. Although I do think it is a weird thing to bring up considering people can check how often you fly for pleasure as proof it isn't that big of a fear.

Where as reade has been talking about harrassment for 30 years, her family has mentioned it publicly many times prior to Biden ever being named. The only thing that's really changed is the extent of the assault, and that it went from staffers to Biden himself. Which is why I don't believe her.
            Those are pretty big details to change though. Ford didn't go from Squee complimenting her cleavage to Kavanaugh attempting to rape her. She went from Kav attempting to rape her to Kav attempting to rape her.

Comment

How many times do I have to go back to the point that I always believed Ford but never thought it was a big deal? Kav jumped on top of her in a bedroom at a house party in HS and grabbed her breast over her shirt before someone walked in and broke it up. Not only is that completely believable, but it's hardly a story to me. It just proved Kavanaugh was your typical frat bro. I bet that sort of thing happens thousands of times a year at HS and frat parties across the country.

Whereas a prominent senator raping a junior staffer in a busy hallway in the middle of a workday is...well complete rubbish.

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks DPR’s posts are hilarious in light of what the left has been saying for years about believing women, not attacking/blaming victims, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                  Am I the only one who thinks DPR’s posts are hilarious in light of what the left has been saying for years about believing women, not attacking/blaming victims, etc?
                  About as hilarious as family-first conservatives voting for an admitted rapist in 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

About as hilarious as family-first conservatives voting for an admitted rapist in 2016.
                    Guess it’s a good thing I’m not one of those, though I’m pretty disappointed in my past self all the same.

Anyway, I thought your party’s argument hinges on your side being better than the opposition, not just the same? Because if both sides are going to be morally and intellectually bankrupt, chances are most people will just vote for the lower taxes and call it day.

Comment

Guess it’s a good thing I’m not one of those, though I’m pretty disappointed in my past self all the same.

Anyway, I thought your party’s argument hinges on your side being better than the opposition, not just the same? Because if both sides are going to be morally and intellectually bankrupt, chances are most people will just vote for the lower taxes and call it day.
                      Look at you, cracking the GOP playbook code like some sort of insider (or oil lobbyist).

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks DPR’s posts are hilarious in light of what the left has been saying for years about believing women, not attacking/blaming victims, etc?
                        You can believe in women and question their motives - if you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

If a woman says she has been raped and you find there is no ulterior motive to her claim - sure. But I think Ford and Raede are both opportunists because they didn't come out years ago when Brett Kavanaugh became a US judge or Joe Biden became VP .

Last edited by sctrojan; 05-24-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X