Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey DPR

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-stimulus-plan

What was that you said again about the Democrats not blocking cash payments to all Americans?

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

What was that you said again about the Democrats not blocking cash payments to all Americans?
    Senate GOP negotiators argue that $1,200 direct payments to individuals are the best way to get money flowing through the economy quickly, while Democrats say disbursing cash benefits so broadly doesn’t do enough for low-income Americans and people who lose their jobs.

Giving me a 1200 cash check and giving a poor person like City (a food warehouse forklift operator) the same money isn't progressive

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Senate GOP negotiators argue that $1,200 direct payments to individuals are the best way to get money flowing through the economy quickly, while Democrats say disbursing cash benefits so broadly doesn’t do enough for low-income Americans and people who lose their jobs.

Giving me a 1200 cash check and giving a poor person like City (a food warehouse forklift operator) the same money isn't progressive
      Why do you say dumb shit like this?

Comment

If this wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious. Trump is out-democrating the Democrats.

And the whole thing makes too much sense. Bailouts work from the bottom up, not the top down.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

I’m an accountant, can you retain any information?

Comment

This why I can't fucking stand politicians. It goes for just about any law that gets proposed by them.

Example A of why I hate them...Chuck Schumer.

“There are many, many who have lost their jobs and one check when they may be out of their jobs for three, four, five months isn’t going to be enough. Unemployment insurance gives money the whole period of time the crisis exists at your present salary level and covers just about everyone,” Schumer said.
            Yes, the first part of his statement seems reasonable and makes a little sense. But then he goes and flat out lies to people. Unemployment does not last the life of the crisis, is not available to everyone, and doesn't pay your current salary.

For the people that get tired of me pointing out the flaws in gun control measures and saying they need to have actual knowledge about firearms before they can create a workable law. Well the same goes for every bill they propose. This statement is not just semantically wrong, it's so incorrect it deserves a pants on fire rating.

Comment

Have they voted on it yet? My stance was that, given the options of nothing or $1,200 cash payments, Democrats would back the cash payments.

Right now, they are pushing back against it because they want more help for people. If McConnell's plan was a check of $100 for everyone and moving on, would you begrudge Democrats blocking it in an effort to make it something that will actually matter, like $4,600 which some are proposing?

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
                This why I can't fucking stand politicians. It goes for just about any law that gets proposed by them.

Yes, the first part of his statement seems reasonable and makes a little sense. But then he goes and flat out lies to people. Unemployment does not last the life of the crisis, is not available to everyone, and doesn't pay your current salary.

For the people that get tired of me pointing out the flaws in gun control measures and saying they need to have actual knowledge about firearms before they can create a workable law. Well the same goes for every bill they propose. This statement is not just semantically wrong, it's so incorrect it deserves a pants on fire rating.
                I think Schumer is talking about UE insurance that is beefed up for this particular pandemic to match existing salary levels, not just normal UE insurance which wouldn't even need new legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Have they voted on it yet? My stance was that, given the options of nothing or $1,200 cash payments, Democrats would back the cash payments.

Right now, they are pushing back against it because they want more help for people. If McConnell's plan was a check of $100 for everyone and moving on, would you begrudge Democrats blocking it in an effort to make it something that will actually matter, like $4,600 which some are proposing?
                  No they don’t, they want more government bureaucracy and bullshit like they always do. If the Democrats have their way, people will be rioting in the streets before the first set of unemployment applications are processed. Not surprising really.

Comment

I think Schumer is talking about UE insurance that is beefed up for this particular pandemic to match existing salary levels, not just normal UE insurance which wouldn't even need new legislation.
                    Also known as shit that is never going to happen.

Remember this week boys, it’ll go down in history as proof that the Democrats are completely and totally full of shit.

Comment

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...iations-140334

Oh hey, look at that. Democrats publicly balking has driven McConnell to concede some better UE insurance protections in addition to cash payments. Almost like the strategy of complete capitulation to McConnell was stupid and Democrats are going to get something out of this that they wanted. It looks like McConnell initially wanted the aid package to be strictly Republican so he could campaign off of it.

The total size of the package, including loans from the federal government, would likely exceed 10 percent of GDP — roughly $2 trillion, he said. That would include a payroll tax holiday for small businesses.
                      Fucking LOL. I recall a massive Tea Party movement that sprung forth from the first year of Obama over his reckless spending with ARRA and that was a relief effort of I think $800 billion or so. Now that Republicans are in control it is $2 trillion.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2009/h46

Fucking LOL. Not a single Republican voted for it in the House.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2009/s61

Oh look at that. Mitch McConnell voted against it along with all but 3 Republican senators. Funny that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/u...2stimulus.html

To win Republican votes, the final stimulus package is considerably leaner than what many economists say is now needed to jolt the economy, given its grave condition.
                      Democrats had to cut back on relief because Republicans were threatening to filibuster it. This was during the fucking housing crisis.

It will also provide a one-time payment of $250 to recipients of Social Security and government disability support.
                      One time payments to at-risk populations during a recession. Where have I heard this before? Why did all but 3 Republicans reject this? So strange.

“Yesterday the Senate cast one of the most expensive votes in history,” said the Republican leader, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. “Americans are wondering how we’re going to pay for all this.”
                      LOL go fuck yourself Mitch.

This is why I hate Republicans.

Comment

Also known as shit that is never going to happen.

Remember this week boys, it’ll go down in history as proof that the Democrats are completely and totally full of shit.
                        Dude, seriously. You are demonstrating over and over again here that you have no idea what you are even talking about. A one-time cash payment of $1,200 to half the population (or however many) isn't going to made Coronavirus go away. It isn't going to make up for 3 months of lost wages. We're going to do one of these, then we're going to have to do another one, then another one, then another one.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Did you buy some more guns for the corona virus crsis? I hope when Joe Biden becomes president he comes for your guns or at least makes you fucking file back ground checks for buying ammo.
                          Last edited by sctrojan; 03-21-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...iations-140334

Oh hey, look at that. Democrats publicly balking has driven McConnell to concede some better UE insurance protections in addition to cash payments. Almost like the strategy of complete capitulation to McConnell was stupid and Democrats are going to get something out of this that they wanted. It looks like McConnell initially wanted the aid package to be strictly Republican so he could campaign off of it.

Fucking LOL. I recall a massive Tea Party movement that sprung forth from the first year of Obama over his reckless spending with ARRA and that was a relief effort of I think $800 billion or so. Now that Republicans are in control it is $2 trillion.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2009/h46

Fucking LOL. Not a single Republican voted for it in the House.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2009/s61

Oh look at that. Mitch McConnell voted against it along with all but 3 Republican senators. Funny that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/u...2stimulus.html

Democrats had to cut back on relief because Republicans were threatening to filibuster it. This was during the fucking housing crisis.

One time payments to at-risk populations during a recession. Where have I heard this before? Why did all but 3 Republicans reject this? So strange.

LOL go fuck yourself Mitch.

This is why I hate Republicans.
                            Preach Brother DPR. Fucking Idiots like DSMoney and Hookems completely swept the whole Tea Party movement under the rug - the same Tea Party who gave us Donald Trump.

Comment

Dude, seriously. You are demonstrating over and over again here that you have no idea what you are even talking about. A one-time cash payment of $1,200 to half the population (or however many) isn't going to made Coronavirus go away. It isn't going to make up for 3 months of lost wages. We're going to do one of these, then we're going to have to do another one, then another one, then another one.
                              Have fun in November bud, I know I will. It’s going to be hilarious watching a senile Joe Biden get punked out and humiliated in the debates while ads run 24/7 about how the Democrats refused to help during this crisis.

It never ceases to amaze me how the left snatches defeat from the jaws of victory every time, it’s truly amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X