Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sctrojan
    replied

Wow - here's an article from the Mean Stream Media actually praising Mike Pence for his competence handling the Corona Virus Task Force

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...navirus-crisis

LMFAO:

“Have some sympathy for Mike Pence. I’ve learned that there is an electrified belt around his waist and if he speaks for more than 7 seconds without praising the President

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    Originally posted by Gyle View Post

Video providing context is all over the internet. The point stands. This was an opportunity for Trump to not be a petty ass, and he couldn't do it. He doesn't realize how much weakness he projects.
    That’s the funny thing about people who are wired like Trump. They think that, by “counter-punching” against every single question or statement they don’t like, that they’re projecting strength. They don’t get that they’re exposing their insecurities. And, while I know some pretty insecure, thin-skinned people, I don’t know anyone wired as poorly as our President. He might be the most deeply-insecure President to have inhabited the Oval Office.

It’s bad enough when it’s a friend or a coworker that suffers from debilitating insecurity. It’s positively dangerous when it’s the leader of the free world. If that’s your job title... and you can’t turn a question like that into a win, I seriously doubt your fitness for the job. Shit... this quality even has its own description: Presidential.

But? Trump wants no part of any of that. In his mind, that makes him look weak. And Trump is fixated on appearing strong. If you pay attention, in response to any question he doesn’t like, Trump does a few things. First, he insults the person asking the question in some manner, either personally or professionally. Secondly, he insults the question itself, often referring to it as a “nasty question”.

In fact, Trump uses the word nasty to describe almost anything (people, places, questions, things, etc...) that he sees as having the potential to cast him in an unfavorable light. Whenever Trump invokes this word, you can immediately tell he’s flustered. The object of his ire has gotten under his skin; admittedly, not a difficult task.

This all becomes magnified when we have a scenario such as the one we’re now facing; a scenario that Trump is having a hard time with in terms of controlling the narrative. That’s where this whole China Virus bit comes into play. This is classic Trump. Trump knows that memories are often short in terms of keeping track of what he says. He knows he’s mishandled this whole thing from the beginning. To me, it’s a bit desperate. But, Trump knows that, to his supporters, all they need is an enemy that they can blame.

I’m predicting that Trump, who has the unparalleled ability to lie, will continue to push this narrative, hoping it eclipses his initial nonchalance regarding the severity of the viral outbreak. It’s entirely possible that Trump will convince himself that he handled it well from the get-go.

After all, according to Trump’s ghost writer for Art of the Deal, “More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ‘ought’ to be true.”

That last bit is the most bizarre part of the quote. This is a man who is so vastly insecure — crippled by his own narcissism — that he has developed a nearly pathological ability for self-delusion. I’ve met people like this, though again, nowhere near the levels of Trump. They’re narcissist. They’re pathological liars. They lie as effortlessly as Trojan makes dumb comments. And, they can be very convincing because they actually believe their own lies to the point that they don’t seem like they’re lying. But... they often get caught. They slip up and contradict themselves or lie about something that’s easily verifiable. Take Trump’s claim of his father being born in Germany. Bizarre, right?

The difference is that, inexplicably, Trump’s supporters don’t really seem to care. This is the guy they elected. And now, we have the single-worst crisis our nation has faced in decades.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...nese-virus.amp

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    In Jan of 2001 NSA warned W of Bin Laden planning to attack the USA

In Jan of 2020 NSA warned Trump that CoronaVirus pandemic would attack the USA

President Donald Trump ignored reports from US intelligence agencies starting in January that warned of the scale and intensity of the coronavirus outbreak in China, The Washington Post reported Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Gyle
    replied
    Originally posted by daCat View Post

His inability to handle criticism is no doubt a handicap. Even when he isn't wrong.
    Agreed. I'm sure he views those reactions as strength, but it comes off as fragility.

Leave a comment:

• Canedude08
    replied
    Stupidity and Arrogance are two of the worst character traits a person can have. When someone possesses BOTH of those flaws, it's horrifying. Donald Trump could have said anything, outside of what he said, and gotten away with it. He showed, in a 5 minute clip why he is unfit to run any Fortune 500 company, much less be the POTUS. I don't get why the GOP continues to back this guy. You could have gotten the tax cuts for the wealthy, you could have gotten all the other crap you received, from a President Pence. Pence, despite his flaws managed to knock a softball question into the cheap seats.

Leave a comment:

• Foster4Prez
    replied
    Originally posted by JTrain View Post

It was an absolute joke of a response. Any real leader would have taken that question and turned it into a moment where they reassured the people of their country that we are going to get through this together and that its ok to be afraid, but we are working hard and utilizing the best minds of our medical and science professionals to help figure this thing out...and that what we need right now is for everyone to do their part by continuing to follow instructions by their governors and states...social distancing, wash hands, quarantine when needed, and no gathering in large groups.
    Exactly. It’s as softball as softball gets. Even the fucking dunce Pence knocked the same question by Alexander out of the park shortly thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• JTrain
    replied
    Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Peter Alexander - "What would you say to the American people who are scared right now?"
    Trump - "I would say you are a terrible reporter."

I mean, come on man...
    It was an absolute joke of a response. Any real leader would have taken that question and turned it into a moment where they reassured the people of their country that we are going to get through this together and that its ok to be afraid, but we are working hard and utilizing the best minds of our medical and science professionals to help figure this thing out...and that what we need right now is for everyone to do their part by continuing to follow instructions by their governors and states...social distancing, wash hands, quarantine when needed, and no gathering in large groups.

Leave a comment:

• daCat
    replied

Video providing context is all over the internet. The point stands. This was an opportunity for Trump to not be a petty ass, and he couldn't do it. He doesn't realize how much weakness he projects.
    His inability to handle criticism is no doubt a handicap. Even when he isn't wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Gyle
    replied
    Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Trump is inept as a leader and incapable of serving anything other than his own interests. However in the interest of context.

"Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things is may be giving Americans a false sense of hope and misrepresenting preparedness right now?” Alexander asked.

“No, I don’t think so,” Trump shot back. “Such a lovely question.”

Alexander followed up with, "What would you say to the American people who are scared right now?"

The first question is what set off Trump.

Leave a comment:

• TTURedRaider
    replied

It's the biggest softball question a reporter could ever lob to anyone in any leadership position. "What will you tell your guys?" is the type of thing that coaches and team captains are asked all of the time, and usually the answer is cliche-riddled but meant to get everyone fired up – and that's just to win a fucking game.

The guy is completely inept as a leader, and he's incapable of serving anything other than his own interests.
    Trump is inept as a leader and incapable of serving anything other than his own interests. However in the interest of context.

"Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things is may be giving Americans a false sense of hope and misrepresenting preparedness right now?” Alexander asked.

“No, I don’t think so,” Trump shot back. “Such a lovely question.”

Alexander followed up with, "What would you say to the American people who are scared right now?"

The first question is what set off Trump.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    As the last person to defend Trump - I am actually getting tired of the journalists trying to create panic when Trump is trying to calm the situation down. Just look at the panic buying of TP and water. The stay at home directives are really not a forced quarantine like China - people are allowed to go on walks and exercise. And you are allowed to go to the stores.

I think Trump was trying to inject some optimism using Chloroquin Phosphate as a possible medication for COVID symptoms but Peter Alexander was trying to shoot it down as un proven solution clinically - but the doctors in China and France have found it a credible solution.

I am fucking tired of the media trying to feed the hysteria by claiming there aren't enough ventilators because we have a stock of 10K + and you use ventilators on only hospitalized patients in critical condition - the fucking stats you see from John Hopkins tells you 15K are infected but don't tell you how many are critical and how many are hospitalized.

THe healthcare system fucking thrives on waste - you don't need to change your mask every two seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Gyle
    replied

Peter Alexander - "What would you say to the American people who are scared right now?"

I mean, come on man...
    It's the biggest softball question a reporter could ever lob to anyone in any leadership position. "What will you tell your guys?" is the type of thing that coaches and team captains are asked all of the time, and usually the answer is cliche-riddled but meant to get everyone fired up – and that's just to win a fucking game.

The guy is completely inept as a leader, and he's incapable of serving anything other than his own interests.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied

I mean, come on man...
    I see we added another thread for Corona. Great.

But yeah, this is fucking insane. He was getting visibly angry as Alexander laid out the facts. And then later on he kept up the attack and said journalists are pushing fake news by not being honest. So was Alexander supposed to lie? WTF?

He just said how many Americans have died from this and Trump went psycho. Totally in control though.

Leave a comment:

• Foster4Prez
    replied
    Originally posted by daCat View Post
    Go to the Church of Obama and utter 3 hail Michelle's and you will feel all better.

I mean, come on man...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X