Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've changed my mind on the wall

I've concluded it may be helpful in keeping border security costs down. Not as a stand alone solution, but as an integral part of a combined effort solution. This because it can increase response time, limit the scope of area, and reduce the number of border agents needed. Of course it needs to be incorporated with electronics, and of course the single most effective tool would be increasing penalties for employers who hire illegals. But the wall could actually reduce the costs of the other measures, enough to actually save money overall.

Originally posted by daCat View Post
    I've concluded it may be helpful in keeping border security costs down. Not as a stand alone solution, but as an integral part of a combined effort solution. This because it can increase response time, limit the scope of area, and reduce the number of border agents needed. Of course it needs to be incorporated with electronics, and of course the single most effective tool would be increasing penalties for employers who hire illegals. But the wall could actually reduce the costs of the other measures, enough to actually save money overall.
    It's not that I don't think a wall is going to help stop illegal immigration, it's that nothing was planned or assessed. Do you get a better ROI out of a wall, or hiring more border agents. A chain link fence and drones, etc. etc.

At least send some smart people out there to assess the situation and make recommendations.

How is he running the country like a business. Do most companies operate lie:

CEO: Build the widget!
    Engineers, BA's, PM's, etc: What is the actual cost, is it the best solution, what other options are there?
    CEO: I DON'T CARE, Build the widget!
    Engineers, BA's, PM's, etc: Okay

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

It's not that I don't think a wall is going to help stop illegal immigration, it's that nothing was planned or assessed. Do you get a better ROI out of a wall, or hiring more border agents. A chain link fence and drones, etc. etc.

At least send some smart people out there to assess the situation and make recommendations.

How is he running the country like a business. Do most companies operate lie:

CEO: Build the widget!
      Engineers, BA's, PM's, etc: What is the actual cost, is it the best solution, what other options are there?
      CEO: I DON'T CARE, Build the widget!
      Engineers, BA's, PM's, etc: Okay
      Except that is exactly how most large companies are run.

Comment

The evolution of daCat into a full-blown Trumper continues.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

DHS tested 8 different prototypes for a wall. All 8 failed to stop an intrusion.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

DHS tested 8 different prototypes for a wall. All 8 failed to stop an intrusion.
            This. It's a joke.

Comment

The evolution of daCat into a full-blown Trumper continues.
              What Trump, or you, think about it is of no importance to me. It's about border security and stopping illegal immigration.

Comment

Was anyone actually dumb enough to think the wall was a simple standalone solution?

Comment

Doesn't necessarily have to stop it, just impede enough to allow time to respond, and keep the breach at a smaller area.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

Kodak, Xerox, yeah those

Comment

What Trump, or you, think about it is of no importance to me. It's about border security and stopping illegal immigration.
                      KY doesn't have an illegal immigrant problem. You fucks have a opioid crisis and a crisis of dumb fucks who don't know how to make it in a 21st century high tech world.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                        Was anyone actually dumb enough to think the wall was a simple standalone solution?
                        It appears to be the biggest reason people are so adamantly against it. Well, that and Trump is for it. And everybody knows if Trump is for it, it has to be bad and you're a supporter. An example of this is already evident in this thread.

Comment

Doesn't necessarily have to stop it, just impede enough to allow time to respond, and keep the breach at a smaller area.
                          it also impedes wild life movement.

Comment

It appears to be the biggest reason people are so adamantly against it. Well, that and Trump is for it. And everybody knows if Trump is for it, it has to be bad and you're a supporter. An example of this is already evident in this thread.
                            You mean like Obamacare? Sure go fuck yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

Sadly, yes.

The company I work for has spent God knows how much money and over two years now trying to develop a few pieces of software in house. None of the shit works despite extensive testing (see: forcing us to use it even though it sucks dick), and the H1B morons they hired to develop the shit don't even speak English, so communicating with them is essentially impossible. Why? Because we have a VP that wants to spend his last few years LARPing as fucking Steve Jobs and nobody has the balls to call him an idiot.

Bare in mind, I work for an insurance company and everything we use that's made by a real software company is amazing. There is zero, and I mean zero need to do any of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X