Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
    I'm just saying in this particular instance, you might as well be asking an offensive lineman to throw a 60 yard touchdown pass.
    The solution is you don't put the offensive lineman in the quarterback position in the first place. You put a quarterback in the quarterback position.

If the punishment for violating the law isn't enough to curtail widespread violations of said law, then three questions need to be asked:

1. Is the law really necessary to begin with?
    2. Should there be harsher penalties?
    3. Who should have jurisdiction over this?

I think in the case of toxic dumping

1. Yes (in a general sense)
    2. Yes
    3. If the federal government is too clunky and unwieldy, then maybe this is one of the things that needs to be turned over to the states and municipalities. Not a total elimination of federal standards, but the federals should only be involved in matters of mass interstate crossover, with perhaps an emergency provision to assist in cataclysmic events that are too much for the state to properly handle- but even then used very sparingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

You'll have to ask the justice department. Did Zuckerberg false advertise? Does he steal info? Everyone knew from day freaking one that Facebook (along with a ton of others) was a data mining site. It was in the terms of agreement. Is Zuckerberg really responsible because people weren't smart enough to read and figure it out?
      Everyone knew in 05 that FB was a datamining site that would take personal conversations and sell them to companies to target me for ad products or political campaigns? Because I'm going to call bullshit on that.

People signing up today? Sure, they should know it's a scam. But not 13-14 years ago.

And here's a better question- if Zuckerberg's screwing over his customers, why does he still have them? If people would abandon him in droves, his revenue stream dries up.
      I and so many others have either deleted FB or stopped using it. The only people I know who use FB regularly are drawing social security.

I'll admit to giving Zuck money via Instagram, but that's it.

And if the fine is cheaper than the cost of removing the chemicals, then increase the fine. SImple.
      Or, bear with me here, toss any company exec who thinks dumping chemicals into a local water supply in jail. Or toss Zuck in jail for stealing people's information against TOS.

If your doctor is selling your information to Big Pharma to target you in marketing campaigns, they lose their medical licenses. Why shouldn't Zuck be banned from working at FB or any similar company and face a fine and/or incarceration? He's still CEO of FB.

And its hilarious that you're still so hung up on the Vlad Tepes things, despite me explaining it twenty times. Shows what a dishonest shill you really are.
      I didn't get the explainer. Why did you think Vlades Tepes was a great guy? Just a prank?

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Everyone knew in 05 that FB was a datamining site that would take personal conversations and sell them to companies to target me for ad products or political campaigns? Because I'm going to call bullshit on that.

People signing up today? Sure, they should know it's a scam. But not 13-14 years ago
        They should've, because they weren't the first. Yahoo and google were doing it from the getgo, too.

I and so many others have either deleted FB or stopped using it. The only people I know who use FB regularly are drawing social security.

I'll admit to giving Zuck money via Instagram, but that's it.
        So the market is dealing with the problem.

Or, bear with me here, toss any company exec who thinks dumping chemicals into a local water supply in jail. Or toss Zuck in jail for stealing people's information against TOS.

If your doctor is selling your information to Big Pharma to target you in marketing campaigns, they lose their medical licenses. Why shouldn't Zuck be banned from working at FB or any similar company and face a fine and/or incarceration? He's still CEO of FB.
        I'm okay with jailing them. Again, this is targeted individual justice, not a blanket "tax everybody in the name of social justice!"

I didn't get the explainer. Why did you think Vlades Tepes was a great guy? Just a prank?
        He wasn't a great guy because he was a pretty blatant hypocrite. But his philosophy that crime- all crime- should be dealt with in a severe manner was a sound one. Should we impale a guy for stealing a loaf of bread? Absolutely not. (Impalings fucking gross and terrible, and should never be used- although if anyone wanted to do it to child molesters I'd not raise much of a fuss) But people who steal- even shoplifters, should face a severe enough punishment to where they'll never ever do that again, and should give shudders to anyone else thinking that they would do the same thing. If a law's worth having, than a law's worth enforcing rigorously. Maybe there's a guy better than Tepes that could exemplify that, but it was the first thing I thought of off the top of my head.

Also, the guy was pretty damn ahead on his time in recognizing the dangers a massive Islamic incursion posed to Europe.

Last edited by Pollaski; 01-11-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

They should've, because they weren't the first. Yahoo and google were doing it from the getgo, too.

So the market is dealing with the problem.

I'm okay with jailing them. Again, this is targeted individual justice, not a blanket "tax everybody in the name of social justice!"

He wasn't a great guy because he was a pretty blatant hypocrite. But his philosophy that crime- all crime- should be dealt with in a severe manner was a sound one. Should we impale a guy for stealing a loaf of bread? Absolutely not. (Impalings fucking gross and terrible, and should never be used- although if anyone wanted to do it to child molesters I'd not raise much of a fuss) But people who steal- even shoplifters, should face a severe enough punishment to where they'll never ever do that again, and should give shudders to anyone else thinking that they would do the same thing. If a law's worth having, than a law's worth enforcing rigorously. Maybe there's a guy better than Tepes that could exemplify that, but it was the first thing I thought of off the top of my head.

Also, the guy was pretty damn ahead on his time in recognizing the dangers a massive Islamic incursion posed to Europe.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think my penalty should be for using cannabis recreationally? It's a violation of federal law, after all.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what do you think my penalty should be for using cannabis recreationally? It's a violation of federal law, after all.
            Let's go back to a previous post

If the punishment for violating the law isn't enough to curtail widespread violations of said law, then three questions need to be asked:

1. Is the law really necessary to begin with?
            2. Should there be harsher penalties?
            3. Who should have jurisdiction over this?
            In this case:

1. No.

You don't proceed to step 2 and 3 after that.

Comment

Let's go back to a previous post

In this case:

1. No.

You don't proceed to step 2 and 3 after that.
              Well the authorities that exist today think that law is necessary, so with that in mind, what do you think the punishment should be?

Comment

Well the authorities that exist today think that law is necessary, so with that in mind, what do you think the punishment should be?
                For possession of illegal drugs, I'd say you take the "street value" of the quantity of drug posessed, multiply it by a factor, say, 100-500 (it'd be a set number, just not sure what exactly I'd want it to be), and make that the fine. For those who can't pay the fine, they can work it off in community service at $10/hr.

So for 2 ounces of weed, which according to a quick google search would go for $40 on the street, it'd be between a $4,000 and $20,000 fine. Which means between 400 and 2,000 hours of community service. The right to vote would be suspended until the sentence was served in full, and all government benefits (not that my society would have them, but hey) would also be slashed by 10%, with the cut amount going towards the fine. Any fine left unpaid over the course of a year would incur interest.

Comment

Pollaski is just the absolute best.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                    Pollaski is just the absolute best.
                    You think its not just okay, but absolutely hilarious that someone got fined $250,000 for refusing to bake a cake. You've got zero ground on telling my punishments are too harsh.

Comment

For possession of illegal drugs, I'd say you take the "street value" of the quantity of drug posessed, multiply it by a factor, say, 100-500 (it'd be a set number, just not sure what exactly I'd want it to be), and make that the fine. For those who can't pay the fine, they can work it off in community service at $10/hr.

So for 2 ounces of weed, which according to a quick google search would go for $40 on the street, it'd be between a $4,000 and $20,000 fine. Which means between 400 and 2,000 hours of community service. The right to vote would be suspended until the sentence was served in full, and all government benefits (not that my society would have them, but hey) would also be slashed by 10%, with the cut amount going towards the fine. Any fine left unpaid over the course of a year would incur interest.
                      I think you mean grams, and that's the white kid price.

Comment

You think its not just okay, but absolutely hilarious that someone got fined $250,000 for refusing to bake a cake. You've got zero ground on telling my punishments are too harsh.
                        The fuck are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                        X