Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thousands of "illegal" and undocumented persons allowed to stay in US due to shutdown

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands of "illegal" and undocumented persons allowed to stay in US due to shutdown

The immigration courts are shutdown, and the already bad immigration backlog is now up to 800,0000 cases and will add thousands per day at this rate.

Irony being, that this is FAR more than cross the border due to there not being a wall.

So you shutdown the DHS which is supposed to keep out the illegals - I - JUST - CANT - PROCESS - THE - LOGIC ------- SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IN -3 -2

Comment

Give me 6 months with a competent moderate conservative and we can re-write the majority of immigration code and fix the majority of the system and improve border security.

Cut the bullshit stuff that has nothing to do with it(open borders, endless court extensions, everyone is RAYCESS, muslim bans, repealing the 14th amendment, a giant wall).

Technology and bodies at the border to secure it, DACA, better tracking of tourist/student visa overstays like Rand Paul keeps asking for, go back to prioritizing criminals for deportation, no separation of children from parents unless the parents are violent offenders, and simplify the code.

It's remarkably simple, but neither side actually wants to fix it.
      Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 01-09-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Why is illegal in quotes? Are you trying to imply that people who are here illegally are not in fact here illegally? I know you're a lawyer and being deceitful is your job, but you should take a break sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          Give me 6 months with a competent moderate conservative and we can re-write the majority of immigration code and fix the majority of the system and improve border security.

Cut the bullshit stuff that has nothing to do with it(open borders, endless court extensions, everyone is RAYCESS, muslim bans, repealing the 14th amendment, a giant wall).

Technology and bodies at the border to secure it, DACA, better tracking of tourist/student visa overstays like Rand Paul keeps asking for, go back to prioritizing criminals for deportation, no separation of children from parents unless the parents are violent offenders, and simplify the code.

Didn't you say rural hunters could get machines to patrol and protect their property? I hate to break it to you, but we don't have the money to do much more than we already do. Whats your plan? Hire three times as many border guards and cover the border in motion sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
            Why is illegal in quotes? Are you trying to imply that people who are here illegally are not in fact here illegally? I know you're a lawyer and being deceitful is your job, but you should take a break sometime.
            Using illegal for people in immigration court is like saying someone is a murderer when they've been accused but before they've been convicted. There's a large % of people in immigration court proceedings who are here legally or applying for relief which will make them no longer "illegal".

So to answer your question illegal is the wrong legal term, so that's why I put the quotes.

Comment

That's too simple Grant, we need an orange man to yell build a wall to gain any traction.

Comment

Neither side wants to fix it. They need the wedge issue with gay marriage etc off the table.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Neither side wants to fix it. They need the wedge issue with gay marriage etc off the table.
                  Obama wanted to fix it - the senate wants to fix it. there are still wedge issues like gun control and that too will won by the liberals. we've won the healthcare debate. we've won the gay rights debate, we're winning the immigration debate.

Comment

If Obama really wanted to fix it, he'd have gotten it done in his first 2 years.

Comment

If Obama really wanted to fix it, he'd have gotten it done in his first 2 years.
                      Sure - along with fixing the economy, trying to get obamacare passed, trying to end the iraq war - trying to kill Osama - trying to save GM, mending our relations with the rest of the world and then in the spare hours he had - trying to play some golf and fend off charges of being born in Kenya.

Trump could have tackled the border wall and gotten his funding through budget reconciliation - that's how they passed the boondoggle tax cuts. so why didn't he?

Comment

True, but I also think he was burning his political capital on the stimulus and healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

True, but I also think he was burning his political capital on the stimulus and healthcare.
                          People forget the conditions Obama became president - the country was in a meltdown and then they expect Obama to solve everything from Immigration, Healthcare, Global terrorism, the economy, racism, world hunger, world peace, GTFO.

Most presidents can get 1 or 2 things in the 1st two years - Trump got his tax bill on a Budget Reconciliation vote and installed SCOTUS judges with a simple filibuster-proof majority. 2 of the easiest things to do in congress.
                          Last edited by sctrojan; 01-10-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

So what do you all speculate will happen here?

Goes a bit more and then Trump just declares national emergency? (I'd put odds on this happening, but Dems caving at #2, Trump caving at #3, Mitchy caving at least likely).

Comment

So what do you all speculate will happen here?

Goes a bit more and then Trump just declares national emergency? (I'd put odds on this happening, but Dems caving at #2, Trump caving at #3, Mitchy caving at least likely).
                              Republicans don't want Trump to declare the emergency because it breaks open the flood gates for a democratic president to do the same but this time for Climate Change or Healthcare.

They want the dems to cave -

Comment

Working...
                              X