Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarrant County GOP considering forcing out Muslim Vice Chair

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/01...-shahid-shafi/

Dorrie O’Brien, one of the precinct chairs leading the charge to recall Shafi, did not respond to The Tribune’s request for comment. She’s previously said, however, that her support for ousting Shafi stems not from his religion, but whether he supports Islam or is connected “to Islamic terror groups,” according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. In a series of lengthy Facebook posts, O’Brien wrote that she “never doubted” her side has “the votes to rescind Shahid Shafi’s ratification as vice chair.”

“We don’t think he’s suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he’d be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable in the U.S., in Tarrant County, and in the TCGOP," O'Brien wrote on Facebook, adding that "there are big questions surrounding exactly where Dr. Shafi’s loyalties lie, vis a vis Democrat and Republican policies.”
    Just out in the open with it. And Tarrant isn't some backwoods sticks county either. Population of over 2 million Texans.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post
      Nothing surprises me anymore.
      It's still kind of alarming to me. I guess I just don't understand the mindset of a proud racist. By their logic, only white Christian conservatives are allowed in the Republican Party. But they are totally not racist!

Comment

“It’s not about his religion and race, but it’s about his religion and race...”

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
          “It’s not about his religion and race, but it’s about his religion and race...”
          "I'm not a racist, but there's just too many of them black folk around here."

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/us/go...afi/index.html

n a video posted on the Star-Telegram's website, Mike Snyder of the Tarrant County Republican Party announced, "the vote total was 139 to support Dr. Shafi and only 49 to reject him."
            Good that they didn't reject him, but I'd say you have a problem with 49 of your members there, TC GOP.

Comment

A muslim being a republican is bigger news than Tarrant county rejecting Islam.I have no pity for these people who try to be more American than Americans.
              Last edited by sctrojan; 01-11-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X