X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

I may have to welch on this bet - just spoke to a friend who is a ER doc at USC Medical Center who has been treating COVID patients. He said we'll reach 100K for sure by August.
    But I think 50K by May (which is May 1) is a bit of a reach but I might be wrong here.
    So Fuq, where do I send in my 25bucks? Fucking shit I was wrong about 50K by May 1.

But I was right on the over reaction to sending the COmfort to NYC - CNN is now reporting its being sent back to Virginia - it served a grand total of 62 patients

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/usns-c...irus-patients/

Dyson is not going to manufacture any more venitilators. We wasted 430M telling GM to make 30K ventilators - that money could have gone to small business bailouts.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    General Motors ventilators are ready for delivery - $430Million for 30K venitilators

https://science.slashdot.org/story/2...y-for-delivery

But now that we have reached the peak and we have flattened the curve - those ventilators are of no use - since Cali loaned 500 of its ventilators to other states and we don't have any dire need right now. NY has no dire need right now.

SO basically I was right - this was an overkill and now we have 30K of them to basically donate to Africa - just like Championship T-Shirts that the losing team prints up

Leave a comment:

• Foster4Prez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by Nash View Post

If it doesn't have a 0 or 1, you are lost.
    BooleanTrojan

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Nash View Post

Dude, these fucking idiots started their predictions after 80% of the nation was already under stay-at-home orders. How can you go from 200K down to 60K in a matter of 1 week?

You either pulled that 200K number from your ass and now you're still pulling that 60K number from your ass.

Leave a comment:

• Nash
    replied

How do you go from 80K on Tuesday to 60K on Wednesday? - These guys are full of shit.

because of these fucks - we have had to waste money on masks and ventilators that aren't needed.

California has done the smart thing - we rounded up all the ventilators we could find - refurbish them and then loaned them to NY/NJ. We rounded up all the N95 masks - sterilize them and then distribute it to NY and other states.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
    The model is dynamic as tard states fell in line and issued stay at homes.

Out data models are more accurate on how many stupid people are in the country after this pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    US coronavirus predictions are shifting. Here's why

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/polit...l-8/index.html

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    The model is dynamic as tard states fell in line and issued stay at homes.

Out data models are more accurate on how many stupid people are in the country after this pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Its like you didn't listen to a word Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx said.

Also I don't trust any numbers from China. They are saying how they are opening things back up with aerial drone footage that shows literally nobody outside.

SCTrojan: "Trump is right on coronavirus" and "Trump should have called for a nationwide shutdown"? So he was both right and wrong on the "coron virus scare"?
    Maybe I should have been more clearer on the title - I agree the title is horrible - but he was right on the exaggeration of the stats.

Leave a comment:

• riker7
    replied

Thanks Nancy Pelosi but even U/E is limited to 16 weeks or something like that
    It got up to 99 weeks following 2008.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Okay so you don't understand how the models and predictions work. Good to know.
    How do you go from 80K on Tuesday to 60K on Wednesday? - These guys are full of shit.

because of these fucks - we have had to waste money on masks and ventilators that aren't needed.

California has done the smart thing - we rounded up all the ventilators we could find - refurbish them and then loaned them to NY/NJ. We rounded up all the N95 masks - sterilize them and then distribute it to NY and other states.

Last edited by sctrojan; 04-08-2020, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TTURedRaider
    replied
    LMFAO - now the people who put out the prediction are finding themselves in deep shit. They are discussing it on MSNBC now.

Now people are even walking back the 60K number.

On Tuesday, the IHME estimated about 82,000 people will die from coronavirus disease by August. On Wednesday, that estimate was lowered to 60,415.

FUCK THESE PEOPLE

Okay so you don't understand how the models and predictions work. Good to know.

Leave a comment:

• TTURedRaider
    replied

We were already social distancing in California, Washington, NY and the blue states when that prediction was made. What I am saying is that these fucking idiots exaggerated the death rates and the ventilator and EMR bed requirements - which shows that even the smart people like Fauci and CNN were all wrong when they predicted 100K deaths by May.

They should have studied the numbers from China before making such dire predictions.

Trump should have called a nationwide shutdown like UK, France, Italy, Spain, India, China, Germany etc.
    Its like you didn't listen to a word Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx said.

Also I don't trust any numbers from China. They are saying how they are opening things back up with aerial drone footage that shows literally nobody outside.

SCTrojan: "Trump is right on coronavirus" and "Trump should have called for a nationwide shutdown"? So he was both right and wrong on the "coron virus scare"?

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by riker7 View Post

That isn't but $600 per week federal unemployment is. I remember the one time payment. I used it wisely.
    Thanks Nancy Pelosi but even U/E is limited to 16 weeks or something like that

Leave a comment:

• riker7
    replied
    Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

No, that’s a temporary increase to unemployment benefits...which requires being unemployed to get. UBI doesn’t require that.
    Baby steps. $600/ week is quite a precedent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X