Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US is starting to see 'glimmers' that social distancing could be slowing the spread of coronavirus - Fauci

So we didn't run out of ventilators and PPEs. You fucks hyperventilated for no good reason

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
      The US is starting to see 'glimmers' that social distancing could be slowing the spread of coronavirus - Fauci

So we didn't run out of ventilators and PPEs. You fucks hyperventilated for no good reason
      You're a god damned idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

You're a god damned idiot.
        We didn't need 30,000 ventilators in LA or NY. We will never see 12K dead Americans like Italy. We have more capacity that sailing those two navy hospitals was just not necessary. ...complete waste of fuel.

By the time 100K ventilators made by GM places like Italy and Spain will slowly see this decreasing. The only thing that helped was social distancing that your stupid republican governors fail to understand.
        Last edited by sctrojan; 03-31-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

This link is down 16,000 needed hospital beds from when Samnite posted it.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

Comment

After this is all over, after seeing the panicing/hoarding money grubbing Americans, I'm still going to social distance.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

This link is down 16,000 needed hospital beds from when Samnite posted it.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/
              This is the lastest data:

USA │ Total cases 183,875 │ Cases Today 20,087 │ Deaths 3,720 │ Deaths Today 579 │ Recovered 6,262 │ Active 173,893 │ Serious 3,981

As you can see there are only 3,981 serious cases in the entire country - Cuomo wanted 30,000 ventilators just for NY. NJ wants 10K, MI wants 20K,

We may have 183.8K people affected but not all of them are in the hospitals needing ventilators. Its ONLY the serious ones that are being kept on ventilation.

But again maybe the stats are wrong - in which case they need to specify how many are on ventilation, how many are hospitalized and how many are staying home.

Maybe we need to hand out ventilators as needed - If Amazon can figure out how to get you goods from a warehouse to your home in 1 hour - surely the US govt can figure out how to get ventilators to hospitals on a as needed basis.

Comment

I’m more convinced that this is serious shit because Trojan is on the other side and he’s a fucking moron.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                  I’m more convinced that this is serious shit because Trojan is on the other side and he’s a fucking moron.
                  California isn't seeing the levels of infection as republican run states. Its serious but we have it under control in CA because Newsome acted swiftly - the 1st governor in the nation to call a stay at home. We don't need 30K ventilators.

Comment

This is the lastest data:

USA │ Total cases 183,875 │ Cases Today 20,087 │ Deaths 3,720 │ Deaths Today 579 │ Recovered 6,262 │ Active 173,893 │ Serious 3,981

As you can see there are only 3,981 serious cases in the entire country - Cuomo wanted 30,000 ventilators just for NY. NJ wants 10K, MI wants 20K,

We may have 183.8K people affected but not all of them are in the hospitals needing ventilators. Its ONLY the serious ones that are being kept on ventilation.

But again maybe the stats are wrong - in which case they need to specify how many are on ventilation, how many are hospitalized and how many are staying home.

Maybe we need to hand out ventilators as needed - If Amazon can figure out how to get you goods from a warehouse to your home in 1 hour - surely the US govt can figure out how to get ventilators to hospitals on a as needed basis.
                    It's hard for me to use cases since New Yorkers are morons and won't stay inside, those skewing the numbers.

I mean there are 183,000 cases and over half of them are NY and NJ. Just don't let those people leave town.

Comment

After this is all over, after seeing the panicing/hoarding money grubbing Americans, I'm still going to social distance.
                      Welcome to the club. I started doing that a couple decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                        Agreed. For example this post title has aged horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

The projections are bogus - 100K - 200K dead people by May? GTFO - China has only had 3K at the peak - and with a population of 1.4B. India has only had 30 dead with a population of 1.3B and worse medical facilities than US and China.

Even Italy that has mismanaged its medical response has only had 12.5K dead and they are plateauing out - we have locked down our populations in big ciites and its showing up in the numbers.

I will bet that we don't even reach 50K dead by May in the US - if we do I will donate 25bucks to this site. Trump has had to fucking bow down to Fauci because he was getting lambasted by the press and the libs because we lost 2K people in 2 weeks since the virus hit NYC in mass numbers.

These people are fucking scare mongering - and running around like drama queens demanding 100K ventilators per large city. 100M masks and gowns per city hospital and fucking wasted money sending Navy hospital ships to NY and LA - where they will not be used for Corona Virus patients.

We could have just as well sent patients with other ailments to hospitals in the heartland. But hey since we have them why not use them because its not like we're good friends with our NATO allies UK, Spain or France or Italy that could totally use these ships.
                          Last edited by sctrojan; 03-31-2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I'm with Trojan on this one, we're numbers people(well I guess so are you and IGTCB) and it doesn't look like it's trending that way.

I'm not saying run out into the streets..... Just military lock down NY and this will be over in no time.

Comment

I'm with Trojan on this one, we're numbers people(well I guess so are you and IGTCB) and it doesn't look like it's trending that way.

I'm not saying run out into the streets..... Just military lock down NY and this will be over in no time.
                              Trump said he was going to quarantine NY and Cuomo said that would be a declaration of war.

Comment

The projections are bogus - 100K - 200K dead people by May? GTFO - China has only had 3K at the peak - and with a population of 1.4B. India has only had 30 dead with a population of 1.3B and worse medical facilities than US and China.

Even Italy that has mismanaged its medical response has only had 12.5K dead and they are plateauing out - we have locked down our populations in big ciites and its showing up in the numbers.

I will bet that we don't even reach 50K dead by May in the US - if we do I will donate 25bucks to this site. Trump has had to fucking bow down to Fauci because he was getting lambasted by the press and the libs because we lost 2K people in 2 weeks since the virus hit NYC in mass numbers.

These people are fucking scare mongering - and running around like drama queens demanding 100K ventilators per large city. 100M masks and gowns per city hospital and fucking wasted money sending Navy hospital ships to NY and LA - where they will not be used for Corona Virus patients.

We could have just as well sent patients with other ailments to hospitals in the heartland. But hey since we have them why not use them because its not like we're good friends with our NATO allies UK, Spain or France or Italy that could totally use these ships.
                                I don't trust China's numbers. I don't trust India's numbers.

We need more PPE and ventilators. I recently asked my best friend who is a fire fighter how he was doing said "I feel like this is going to hell." He said they are running out of masks. That was before he was being tasked to do checks at buildings where 5 people had tested positive for the virus. If we have too many ventilators and masks guess what we can get those to countries that you hit us for not giving them more aid. The Navy hospitals ships in NYC and LA are being used as regular hospitals so they can convert other hospitals to only treat Coronavirus patients. As Dr Samnite said in the other thread we don't want to introduce the virus to places where it doesn't exist.

Other nations have their own hospital ships.

Spain
                                Esperanza del Mar - It is one of the larger hospital ships currently in service and possibly the largest purpose-built hospital ship
                                Juan Carlos I – Has a 40-bed hospital on board.

France
                                Five Mistral-class amphibious assault ship – On board hospital is NATO Echelon level-3,with 69 hospital beds, 7 ICU beds, and an additional 50 beds if needed. The ship also has medical imaging capabilities, such as X-ray, CT-scan and ultrasound.

Italy
                                Cavour aircraft carrier – Has an on-board hospital with 2 operating room, 1 intensive care unit, laboratory, pharmacy and a 32-bed hospital ward.
                                Etna logistic ship – On-board hospital is NATO ROLE-level 2+, with operating room, intensive care unit, laboratory.

UK
                                Royal Fleet Auxiliary ship RFA Argus – This ship would be a hospital ship were it not for its armaments. However, it is instead designated as a 'Primary Casualty Receiving Ship' (PCRS).

We could probably mobilize the LHDs to provide assistance to other countries. Wasp-class amphibious assault ship (LHD) – These ships have 6 operating rooms, 14 ICU beds, 46 hospital beds, 4 battle dressing stations, medical imaging (i.e.:X-ray), a fully functional laboratory, and a blood bank. The ship can expand its medical complement to 600 beds, making it the second largest hospital at sea, second only to actual hospital ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X