Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daCat View Post

For a guy who was complaining his local diner was closing in-house seating, you seem to be oblivious to the fact that it wasn't sensationalist at all to say this was going to get bad.

Comment

I'm waiting....

Comment

The panic shoppers appear to be mostly resellers. Hopefully 100's of them are stuck with thousands of dollars in merchandise in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
          The panic shoppers appear to be mostly resellers. Hopefully 100's of them are stuck with thousands of dollars in merchandise in a few weeks.
          That's the second best option. A good old fashioned ass whoopin would be the first.

Comment

I’m not following this. Is DaCat saying that the media was wrong to say this was going to get bad because people decided to go out and buy up toilet paper?

Trump downplayed this thing until he saw his numbers dipping. People didn’t believe his feigned nonchalance over the outbreak and as soon as he figured that out, he changed course. And, while he’s adopted a more somber tone, it still hasn’t kept him from lashing out at governors he sees as being “not nice” to him.

Is it too much to ask of our President that he put politics aside and just fucking be a leader? Is it to much to ask for Trump to forget about his campaign or counter-punching those who dare not to shower him with praise? This is what a leader is supposed to do. You can’t be a leader to just those who like you. You have to lead our fucking country. All of it. It’s high time Trump acted like a President. This is his chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
              I’m not following this. Is DaCat saying that the media was wrong to say this was going to get bad because people decided to go out and buy up toilet paper?

Trump downplayed this thing until he saw his numbers dipping. People didn’t believe his feigned nonchalance over the outbreak and as soon as he figured that out, he changed course. And, while he’s adopted a more somber tone, it still hasn’t kept him from lashing out at governors he sees as being “not nice” to him.

Is it too much to ask of our President that he put politics aside and just fucking be a leader? Is it to much to ask for Trump to forget about his campaign or counter-punching those who dare not to shower him with praise? This is what a leader is supposed to do. You can’t be a leader to just those who like you. You have to lead our fucking country. All of it. It’s high time Trump acted like a President. This is his chance.
              The counter to this is Trump was trying to keep people calm... In his ordinarily ham fisted manner.
              And then he brought out the experts to explain steps were to be taken to mitigate overloading medical facilities. It's easy to have 2020 hindsight. The truth is nobody had much of an idea how this would unfold, much of that due to the secretive nature of China's government. There was much they could have shared to help the rest of the world prepare for it.

Meanwhile, the media was exploring every possible disaster scenario they could dream up. THAT created the panic shopping fiasco that led some people to act like the greedy assholes that some people are.

Comment

The counter to this is Trump was trying to keep people calm... In his ordinarily ham fisted manner.
                And then he brought out the experts to explain steps were to be taken to mitigate overloading medical facilities. It's easy to have 2020 hindsight. The truth is nobody had much of an idea how this would unfold, much of that due to the secretive nature of China's government. There was much they could have shared to help the rest of the world prepare for it.

Meanwhile, the media was exploring every possible disaster scenario they could dream up. THAT created the panic shopping fiasco that led some people to act like the greedy assholes that some people are.
                Or, hear me out here, the media (and global health experts) immediately knew Trump was lying to us about how serious this was and let the public know. Trump lies to cover up how bad things are. It's a habit of his. So when he was caught lying, the public feared the worst and for good reason.

It's absolutely mindnumbing to me that you of all people are giving Trump a pass for lying about how badly this virus is going to affect us when you're still on your high horse about Susan Rice saying Benghazi was over a fucking video in a situation that impacted the daily lives of zero average Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Or, hear me out here, the media (and global health experts) immediately knew Trump was lying to us about how serious this was and let the public know. Trump lies to cover up how bad things are. It's a habit of his. So when he was caught lying, the public feared the worst and for good reason.

It's absolutely mindnumbing to me that you of all people are giving Trump a pass for lying about how badly this virus is going to affect us when you're still on your high horse about Susan Rice saying Benghazi was over a fucking video in a situation that impacted the daily lives of zero average Americans.
                  That seems to be a recurring theme for you.

Comment

Yeah. Remember that post in which I said that I heard from a source that this shit was way worse than was being reported? That I said that China massively tried to cover up the severity? I was called a liar for that by one poster. And yet? Where are we now? Pretty much where I said we would be.

As for Trump. Yeah, I honestly do think he was worried about how this would affect his re-election. He’s just the kinda guy who I imagine would place his own needs over those of everybody else. Sure, he didn’t want to start a panic. But, it appears that, behind the scenes, he wasn’t as worried about the virus so much as it’s effect on his numbers.

The Media has been telling us that this is going to be bad for a while, though not as long as they could have been. The real culprit in the hoarding of things like toilet paper is Social Media. A person posting a picture of a store with no toilet paper, for example, scares people into thinking that’s the one commodity which will be gone. It’s silly. But, that has less to do with the media and more to do with viral hysteria.

Comment

That seems to be a recurring theme for you.
                      Just so we're on the same page with you - lying about a pandemic that will result in thousands of lives lost and millions of lives greatly disrupted to aid a reelection effort = ok. Lying about a video to soften the blow of a terrorist attack that would result in no change of lifestyle for anyone to aid a reelection effort = horrible, need 4 years of investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Just so we're on the same page with you - lying about a pandemic that will result in thousands of lives lost and millions of lives greatly disrupted to aid a reelection effort = ok. Lying about a video to soften the blow of a terrorist attack that would result in no change of lifestyle for anyone to aid a reelection effort = horrible, need 4 years of investigations.
                        That is the page you're on, not me. And it's based on several assumptions you nor anyone else can prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Yeah. Remember that post in which I said that I heard from a source that this shit was way worse than was being reported? That I said that China massively tried to cover up the severity? I was called a liar for that by one poster. And yet? Where are we now? Pretty much where I said we would be.

As for Trump. Yeah, I honestly do think he was worried about how this would affect his re-election. He’s just the kinda guy who I imagine would place his own needs over those of everybody else. Sure, he didn’t want to start a panic. But, it appears that, behind the scenes, he wasn’t as worried about the virus so much as it’s effect on his numbers.

The Media has been telling us that this is going to be bad for a while, though not as long as they could have been. The real culprit in the hoarding of things like toilet paper is Social Media. A person posting a picture of a store with no toilet paper, for example, scares people into thinking that’s the one commodity which will be gone. It’s silly. But, that has less to do with the media and more to do with viral hysteria.
                          It's not the only commodity, it's just the most ignorant. And social media has taken their cues from the news media, who have been busy outlining all their potential scenarios, going from those steeped in reality, to scifi worthy theories.

Comment

That is the page you're on, not me. And it's based on several assumptions you nor anyone else can prove.
                            LOL you take your L on U1 yet?

Comment

Im with Trump - Fauci and co are fucking overhyping the pandemic

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...for-trumps-ear

Comment

"WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!"

He's right - Im torn over Trump - he's actually using common sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X