Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan
    replied
    Experts are again sounding the alarm that the dollar could lose its role as the world's reserve currency. This is a frequent and historically unconsummated concern — but things may actually be different this time.

What's happening: New data from the Bank of Russia show the country now receives more euros than dollars for its exports to China, with the share of goods purchased in euros rising from 0.3% at the start of 2014 (and just 1.3% in the second quarter of 2018) to nearly 51% at the end of Q1 this year.
    https://www.axios.com/us-dollar-euro...cdbb7b929.html

That should help move things along a bit.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Donny Boy is mad at TikTok because they fucked up his Tulsa Rally

Leave a comment:

• Foster4Prez
    replied
    Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Donny Boy needs to ban Tik Tok so my Snapchat stonks go through the roof. Don’t let them sell the Microsoft.
    Nah. Give them to Microsoft for free so my stocks bounce.

Leave a comment:

• ibleed
    replied
    Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

I wish cell phone carries would go back to that model.
    iphones were not named based on the number of the series.... but by the number of $100 bills you have to lay down to get it.

Leave a comment:

• ibleed
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    Gaming is so saturated. Google tried breaking I to gaming with their stadia product and failed. Apple has shied away. Gaming vendors have their hands full with PC, Xbox and PlayStation.

Nobody needs a faster box. What gamers need is better bandwidth.
    Gaming as a whole is not saturated at all.

Stadia failed because A) It was a shit product that everybody knew was going to be another in a long line if Google projects they hype up and tgen allow to immediately flame out, and B) Microsoft already had Xbox Game Pass which was a superior product....and they slowplayed their way to cloud gaming and will be launching their version next month.

The only thing about gaming that is saturated is the monetization efforts of the AAA developers.

BTW.... Sony is going to absolutely shitstomp Microsoft in the next gen console launch.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Gaming is so saturated. Google tried breaking I to gaming with their stadia product and failed. Apple has shied away. Gaming vendors have their hands full with PC, Xbox and PlayStation.

You don’t play games much, do you? These consoles come out every 5-7 years like clockwork, and the market eats them up. The PS4 hasn’t sold over 100 million units because there’s not demand, to say nothing of the 60 million Switch’s Nintendo has sold in the last 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by DPR View Post
    Sony won't make much money on sales of the PS5. The profit comes from games and accessories. If I recall, they actually lost money on each PS3 initially.
    I wish cell phone carries would go back to that model.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Not in the gaming sphere they’re not, and the PS5 is going to sell like crack in the 80s.

Leave a comment:

• ivegostdacityblues
    replied
    That said, no idea what % of Sony’s revenue comes from the PS brand.

EDIT: looked it up, it’s about 25%. That’s pretty significant.

Leave a comment:

• ivegostdacityblues
    replied
    Sony won't make much money on sales of the PS5. The profit comes from games and accessories. If I recall, they actually lost money on each PS3 initially.

Yea, but owning the consul wars from the start allows you to make money on accessories/games/ect.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Console launches are about so much more than the consoles themselves, though. They can afford to lose out on each unit sold if it generates more revenue over time by existing. In 3/4 console generations Sony has successfully cornered the console market early and to such a ridiculous extent that the entire gaming market revolves around them. There’s no reason to think they won’t this time and that their stock price won’t reflect that.

Leave a comment:

• ivegostdacityblues
    replied
    By the way, if you want to make some easy money, buy Sony stock right now.

Stimulus check around the same time PS5 preorders are announced + second wave/possible lockdowns = massive sales and a huge Q4 for Sony in general

Donny Boy needs to ban Tik Tok so my Snapchat stonks go through the roof. Don’t let them sell the Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    By the way, if you want to make some easy money, buy Sony stock right now.

Stimulus check around the same time PS5 preorders are announced + second wave/possible lockdowns = massive sales and a huge Q4 for Sony in general
    It's actually higher now than it was pre-crash, that makes me nervous.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied

sony is a washed up company. buy LG or Panasonic - they're into solar and EV batteries.
    Not in the gaming sphere they’re not, and the PS5 is going to sell like crack in the 80s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X