Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Who knew his last name was Demarco!

On a serious note, fuck wind mills. Those things are hideous.
    They are. But, Trump literally said on camera that the noise causes cancer. I agree with you that they’re hideous but, there’s no way that anyone with a brain cell thinks Trump’s quixotic war on windmills is anything other than pandering to the fossil fuel industry. He’s just assuming his base is beyond stupid and won’t notice or won’t care. And who knows? Maybe some will be dumb enough to actually believe his bullshit. That is the added bonus of having the most uneducated of all Americans filling the rank and file of his base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

They are. But, Trump literally said on camera that the noise causes cancer. I agree with you that they’re hideous but, there’s no way that anyone with a brain cell thinks Trump’s quixotic war on windmills is anything other than pandering to the fossil fuel industry. He’s just assuming his base is beyond stupid and won’t notice or won’t care. And who knows? Maybe some will be dumb enough to actually believe his bullshit. That is the added bonus of having the most uneducated of all Americans filling the rank and file of his base.
      The cancer line is bullshit, but he's not wrong about it killing migratory birds. The same way solar has killed birds. Whether that's reason enough to end those types of power. Eh..., if we built breeder reactors like EBR 2, we would have all the power in the world and little to no drawbacks. Too bad the left was stupid and allowed Clinton to shut down that program.

Comment

The cancer line is bullshit, but he's not wrong about it killing migratory birds. The same way solar has killed birds. Whether that's reason enough to end those types of power. Eh..., if we built breeder reactors like EBR 2, we would have all the power in the world and little to no drawbacks. Too bad the left was stupid and allowed Clinton to shut down that program.
        So logging trees and smoke from coal fired plants and drilling for oil doesn't kill the birds and the animals? GTFO with your faux righteous indignation about windmills and solar farms killing birds.

I am all for Nuclear power - infact the left is not against Nuclear power - the concern is disposing off the spent fuel rods.

Comment

ybfu5bfb3fd41 (1).png

Comment

Didn’t I already show you the “solar kills birds” thing is bullshit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

It's the solar plants that focus sunlight on a metallic sphere to heat up water to make steam like the one at the CA-NV state.line.

Birds get fried if they fly in the focus field. So DS isn't wrong but it's in the middle of the desert and you have just a few birds.

Comment

They kill birds. So do wind turbines.

However, millions of birds die each year flying into buildings. Or getting hit by cars. Or die from pollution from the burning of fossil fuels.

I'm not sure what the per capita kill rate is per megawatt/hour, but I'd be surprised if it was higher than coal.

Comment

• Wind turbine fields are one of the ugliest things to dot a landscape (behind shit filled streets) in this country. Please, somebody find a better alternative.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
                    Wind turbine fields are one of the ugliest things to dot a landscape (behind shit filled streets) in this country. Please, somebody find a better alternative.
                    Quit acting like mountaintop mining makes for great scenery.

Just some really beautiful stuff here

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Quit acting like mountaintop mining makes for great scenery.

Just some really beautiful stuff here

I never mentioned those eyesores, along with many others, up to and including clusters of houses known as cities. In fact, I was asking for someone to come up with a better alternative. Not sure why you went full trojan.

Comment

I never mentioned those eyesores, along with many others, up to and including clusters of houses known as cities. In fact, I was asking for someone to come up with a better alternative. Not sure why you went full trojan.
                        1200px-Darker_green_and_Black_flag.svg.png

Comment

Well, its either wind turbines and solar arrays or coal mines and oil fields.

We could do nuclear too but people will bitch about that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Well, its either wind turbines and solar arrays or coal mines and oil fields.

We could do nuclear too but people will bitch about that as well.
                            I tried to harness lightening last night. Blew out several light bulbs and tripped a few breakers. Happened so fast I didn't have a chance to capture it. Scared the hell out of my dog.

Comment

I tried to harness lightening last night. Blew out several light bulbs and tripped a few breakers. Happened so fast I didn't have a chance to capture it. Scared the hell out of my dog.
                              Your supposed to store it in capacitors and batteries, and not port it directly to your fuse box.

Rookie mistake.

Comment

Didn't I show that it wasn't. All you did was point out that your type of solar didn't. Do you need me to post the article about the solar plant in California that was killing birds again?

Comment

Working...
                                X