Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Economic Meltdown Thread

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So jobless claims were over 3 million last week and upon getting this news, the Dow is up nearly 1k points.

    I'm starting to think the Dow isn't real.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DPR View Post
      So if you didn't do direct deposit for your tax return, some Hill aides are saying it might take 4 months to get the check?

      LOL fat lot of good that will do.
      Yeah. Sadly, this will mostly affect the Boomers. Most people I know just use TurboTax. It’s pretty painless.

      Comment


      • Can we be honest about something for a second? Not negative but honest? Having 3.3m jobless claims when you expected 1.5 just shows that the bull run was kind of a paper tiger. It shows that all of those jobs can be replaced one way or another. The jobs that were lost in 08 weren't replaced by meaningful long term work. Being a slave bot with no benefits for Uber make the unemployment numbers and Nasdaq look good sure. Does it signal a healthy economy? No.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DPR View Post
          It’s crazy that only 80 million Americans used direct deposit. Who the fuck still uses checks?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Deschet View Post

            Yeah. Sadly, this will mostly affect the Boomers. Most people I know just use TurboTax. It’s pretty painless.

            You know what, this makes it ok. Lol @ Boomers.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DPR View Post
              So jobless claims were over 3 million last week and upon getting this news, the Dow is up nearly 1k points.

              I'm starting to think the Dow isn't real.

              Stocks prices are just the perception of the future value of a company. If it was expected to be worse than 3M it goes up when it’s “just” 3M.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                Stocks prices are just the perception of the future value of a company. If it was expected to be worse than 3M it goes up when it’s “just” 3M.
                Sure, but I guess my point is that we're at 3.3 million UE claims and next week will be worse. It'll be this way for 3-4 more weeks minimum. Maybe 10 weeks.

                And the Dow is rising past 22k. Meaning it's still on healthy growth per year from 2016 staring down a likely global recession.

                Money isn't real.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DPR View Post

                  Sure, but I guess my point is that we're at 3.3 million UE claims and next week will be worse. It'll be this way for 3-4 more weeks minimum. Maybe 10 weeks.

                  And the Dow is rising past 22k. Meaning it's still on healthy growth per year from 2016 staring down a likely global recession.

                  Money isn't real.
                  My guess is the assumption is that the economy when it gets back in place it will be back to normal pretty quick. Not sure I agree with that but hopefully that’s the case.

                  Comment


                  • I understand that for the majority of the public (and obviously the bulk of this board) e-filing is handy and effective, but there are a lot of folks whose information doesn't fit in the simplified method.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by daCat View Post
                      I understand that for the majority of the public (and obviously the bulk of this board) e-filing is handy and effective, but there are a lot of folks whose information doesn't fit in the simplified method.

                      I sold stocks, crypto currencies, moved, had rental income (well, technically loss because of our dumbass tax laws...but I’ll take it), changed jobs, and was in grad school last year and e-filed with ease. Get with the times, boomer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                        I sold stocks, crypto currencies, moved, had rental income (well, technically loss because of our dumbass tax laws...but I’ll take it), changed jobs, and was in grad school last year and e-filed with ease. Get with the times, boomer.
                        Might be a little late for me to become an accountant. But thanks for the advice.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                          It’s crazy that only 80 million Americans used direct deposit. Who the fuck still uses checks?
                          My son’s mom keeps 100% of her money in cash and insists on her employer paying her with a paper check.

                          West Virginiaaaaa, mountain mamaaaaa

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by daCat View Post

                            Might be a little late for me to become an accountant. But thanks for the advice.
                            I’m a corporate accountant. I know a little more than most but I hardly can do other people’s taxes. I use Turbo Tax.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                              My son’s mom keeps 100% of her money in cash and insists on her employer paying her with a paper check.

                              West Virginiaaaaa, mountain mamaaaaa

                              I never have cash on me so when I walk by a homeless guy I’m not lying to him when I say I have nothing.

                              Homeless folks need to get Venmo QR codes to get donations from me.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                                I never have cash on me so when I walk by a homeless guy I’m not lying to him when I say I have nothing.

                                Homeless folks need to get Venmo QR codes to get donations from me.
                                You got cash app, Curtis? Jesus is that an iPhone 8?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X