Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

So, I still have my paycheck which is good. However, I normally eat out every lunch at $10-15 a pop. The lady and I go out to eat at least once or twice a week. We may hit a play or something here and there. All of that is now at $0. So the $1,200 (if I qualify) will just go to my checking account and sit there. Or I'll move it over to savings and collect that sweet 0.1% interest or whatever it is down to. Probably not investing back into the market yet.

So I guess I just don't know what this is supposed to stimulate. Service workers who are furloughed will be able to make rent and buy groceries and that's about it.

The unemployment boost it payment and time should give lower wage workers incentive to spend the $1,200 because even if their job goes away they’ll still be getting similar amounts of money in unemployment till it blows over.

Comment

So, I still have my paycheck which is good. However, I normally eat out every lunch at $10-15 a pop. The lady and I go out to eat at least once or twice a week. We may hit a play or something here and there. All of that is now at $0. So the $1,200 (if I qualify) will just go to my checking account and sit there. Or I'll move it over to savings and collect that sweet 0.1% interest or whatever it is down to. Probably not investing back into the market yet.

So I guess I just don't know what this is supposed to stimulate. Service workers who are furloughed will be able to make rent and buy groceries and that's about it.
      Wait. A play?

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

The unemployment boost it payment and time should give lower wage workers incentive to spend the $1,200 because even if their job goes away they’ll still be getting similar amounts of money in unemployment till it blows over.
        You know... or pay off some bills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

You know... or pay off some bills.

Or that, which frees up money to spend down the road, but the unemployment safety net is just some incentive that they can put it to use with less fear rather than just let it sit there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Wait. A play?
            There are some cool plays here and there in Baltimore. We're not too far from Center Stage. And I'm on the BROS mailing list. They put out some pretty eclectic shit.

https://baltimorerockopera.org/

https://www.centerstage.org/

Comment

• Basically the bear market is over......crisis averted. Trump wins.

If you didn't buy stocks on Friday - don't bother - the buying season is over - the DJIA will never hit 18500 again ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                Basically the bear market is over......crisis averted. Trump wins.

If you didn't buy stocks on Friday - don't bother - the buying season is over - the DJIA will never hit 18500 again ever.
                I bought in

Comment

• With that said, it still has a ways to go to cover some major losses of mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                    With that said, it still has a ways to go to cover some major losses of mine.

It's down 8k points from a month ago. If it catches back up to 26-28 relatively quickly I'm going to be super suspicious of another propped-up bubble. The amount of growth we saw from 2017 through Feb was absurd. A 50% gain in 3 years coming off of 7 years of steady growth.

Comment

• So if you didn't do direct deposit for your tax return, some Hill aides are saying it might take 4 months to get the check?

LOL fat lot of good that will do.

Comment

So if you didn't do direct deposit for your tax return, some Hill aides are saying it might take 4 months to get the check?

Doesn't matter. Corporations got their pay day so all is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                          With that said, it still has a ways to go to cover some major losses of mine.

My self picked Robinhood stock portfolio is up just over 20% in the last 12 mo’s beating the market by 30ish%. I’m a fiscal genius! (or just luckyish)

Comment

So if you didn't do direct deposit for your tax return, some Hill aides are saying it might take 4 months to get the check?

I think it was a well done bill, honestly, but holy fuck is this part of it terrible if true.

Comment

• I’d imagine with our daily pep rally’s this “congrats America, here’s 1200 bucks you’ll get sometime in the future” will be praised endlessly while everything else is going off the rails.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X