• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Jesus. He’s still on windmills?!
    Ray Stevens, is that you?

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Ray Stevens, is that you?
      I’m just amazed that he’s still quibbling about windmills being the evil thing they’re not.

Comment

• doh! I got Jim Stafford mixed up with Ray Stevens. The song "Wildwood Weed".

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
          doh! I got Jim Stafford mixed up with Ray Stevens. The song "Wildwood Weed".
          I’m unfamiliar with either. Except, that I remember as a kid, those commercials about Ray Stevens albums I assumed no one bought.

Comment

• Dynasty got himself a hat

Comment

• I think you would appreciate the subject matter:

Comment

• Senate passed a stimulus. From what I read the corporate bailouts are all loans, small businesses can have their loan forgiven (what defines a small business I don’t know) if they retain/rehire employees, corporate buybacks for publicly traded companies that get a stimulus loan are suspended for a year (not far enough, but about what I realistically expected). Payroll tax holiday for small businesses.

$1,200 Trump Bux check tied to people making less than 75k scales down toll 99k where people will get not Trump bux. Most importantly, IMO Unemployment benefits extended to four months AND an extra $600 per week while unemployed which significantly should help the people getting hit hardest. Basically lower wage worked will get their full salary for 4 months and regular workers get significantly more than they would otherwise.

All in all it seems like a reasonable use of fucktons of money. How we pay for it? Well, that’s a problem for the 2021 government, but the percent of our budget that’ll go to principal and interest will be insane. At least will keep the economy going while we wait this shit out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                  Senate passed a stimulus. From what I read the corporate bailouts are all loans, small businesses can have their loan forgiven (what defines a small business I don’t know) if they retain/rehire employees, corporate buybacks for publicly traded companies that get a stimulus loan are suspended for a year (not far enough, but about what I realistically expected). Payroll tax holiday for small businesses.

$1,200 Trump Bux check tied to people making less than 75k scales down toll 99k where people will get not Trump bux. Most importantly, IMO Unemployment benefits extended to four months AND an extra $600 per week while unemployed which significantly should help the people getting hit hardest. Basically lower wage worked will get their full salary for 4 months and regular workers get significantly more than they would otherwise.

All in all it seems like a reasonable use of fucktons of money. How we pay for it? Well, that’s a problem for the 2021 government, but the percent of our budget that’ll go to principal and interest will be insane. At least will keep the economy going while we wait this shit out.
                  Almost like agreeing to McConnell's first offer would have been a stupid idea.

Comment

• Comment

• I haven't dug into any details, but if a lot of the stimulus is tax breaks and loans, then it's not quite the same as just giving everyone $6k in cash.

However, I do agree that $1,200 per person (not even all people) seems pretty fucking low given the size of the overall bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
                        I haven't dug into any details, but if a lot of the stimulus is tax breaks and loans, then it's not quite the same as just giving everyone $6k in cash.

However, I do agree that $1,200 per person (not even all people) seems pretty fucking low given the size of the overall bill.

At the same time if your job isn’t interrupted 1.2k isn’t a huge stimulus as opposed to just being a gift. The unemployment perks for lower income workers are the juicy bits of this, IMO.

And the loans we’ll get back.

Comment

Senate passed a stimulus. From what I read the corporate bailouts are all loans, small businesses can have their loan forgiven (what defines a small business I don’t know) if they retain/rehire employees, corporate buybacks for publicly traded companies that get a stimulus loan are suspended for a year (not far enough, but about what I realistically expected). Payroll tax holiday for small businesses.

It’s not bad. As long as they don’t attempt any fuckery regarding owing taxes offsetting your stimulus check, it should work out fine. I can’t imagine them doing that. But, it’s the government. So, nothing would surprise me.

Comment

At the same time if your job isn’t interrupted 1.2k isn’t a huge stimulus as opposed to just being a gift. The unemployment perks for lower income workers are the juicy bits of this, IMO.

And the loans we’ll get back.
                            So, I still have my paycheck which is good. However, I normally eat out every lunch at $10-15 a pop. The lady and I go out to eat at least once or twice a week. We may hit a play or something here and there. All of that is now at $0. So the $1,200 (if I qualify) will just go to my checking account and sit there. Or I'll move it over to savings and collect that sweet 0.1% interest or whatever it is down to. Probably not investing back into the market yet.

So I guess I just don't know what this is supposed to stimulate. Service workers who are furloughed will be able to make rent and buy groceries and that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
                              I haven't dug into any details, but if a lot of the stimulus is tax breaks and loans, then it's not quite the same as just giving everyone $6k in cash.

I guess millionaire farmers will still get shit, but I won't.

Comment

• Working...
                                X