Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

And that’s just it. Neither side wants to give the other the win. They know that memories are short with the American people. They are both acutely aware of the fact that most Americans will forget how the sausage was made and thank the party that gave it to them. It’s an election year. As you said, the Republicans want to hand Trump a win. Likewise, the Democrats want the win for themselves. The American People are pawns in their game. And, I honestly can’t fathom either side being the one to give in. In their minds, the stakes are too high.
    It either has to be packed with Republican pork or Democrat pork. Fuck the people's well being.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
      Looks like the invisible hand of the free market has the Dow up 1,200 points this morning. Completely unrelated to a possible $2T+ stimulus I'm sure.

Yea, I think there’s some inside info circling around that there’s a deal in place but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
        Looks like the invisible hand of the free market has the Dow up 1,200 points this morning. Completely unrelated to a possible $2T+ stimulus I'm sure.
        In trying times like these, I like to say a little prayer for the airlines.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

It either has to be packed with Republican pork or Democrat pork. Fuck the people's well being.
          Oh. It sucks. Anyone with a brain can see what they’re doing. Again, it’s funny watching my mom on Facebook.

Yesterday
          “DEMOCRATS WANT TO TAKE YOUR TRUMP MONEY AWAY FOR POLITICS!!!”

Today
          “DEMOCRATS WANT TO RUIN ECONOMY!”

On the whole? Most Americans side with their team. The Republicans could offer a free car and a pony and many on the left would find a reason to turn it down. Democrats could offer two cars and a lifelong free lap dance token, and Republicans would turn it down. We, as a people have let them polarize us to the extent that anything put forward by the other side is evil.

Comment

• For the record, my stance on this has been consistent - UBI payments for those who need it and beefed up UE benefits. Anything more than that is stupid.

A separate bill can send additional funding to hospitals.

Comment

• I'm going to say it again, in the hopes that it sticks. Bailouts work from the bottom up, not the top down.

Comment

• So because life is boring right now, I’ve decided I’m going to see how fucked up I can get and still do my job. Wish me luck!

Comment

• This shit is why I was afraid to have this aid package in the first place. Another case of the highway to hell being paved with the asphalt of good intentions.

First it was the cash payments. I've said already how this will end up only causing inflation in the end.

Then it was over "who gets bailed out". Because we all know we can't let all these billions go out without our preferred corporate palms being greased.

Now it's over "what else can we cram in!!!". From "abstinence education!!!!!!" to "more diversity!!!!" to "emissions and solar credits!!!!"

They certainly aren't letting THIS crisis go to waste.... in getting more power to themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                    This shit is why I was afraid to have this aid package in the first place. Another case of the highway to hell being paved with the asphalt of good intentions.

First it was the cash payments. I've said already how this will end up only causing inflation in the end.

Then it was over "who gets bailed out". Because we all know we can't let all these billions go out without our preferred corporate palms being greased.

Now it's over "what else can we cram in!!!". From "abstinence education!!!!!!" to "more diversity!!!!" to "emissions and solar credits!!!!"

They certainly aren't letting THIS crisis go to waste.... in getting more power to themselves.
                    Yep.

Comment

• In other news: "From 12 midnight today, the entire country will go under a complete lockdown to save India and for every Indian, there will be a total ban on venturing out of your homes. Therefore, I request you to remain wherever you are in this country," Modi added.

Nobody is even allowed outside to get food or exercise. Good thinking......

Comment

• The 76ers and New Jersey Devils owner cut staff wages by 20% then are PR fallout they walked it back. Cyber bullying works, people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                          The 76ers and New Jersey Devils owner cut staff wages by 20% then are PR fallout they walked it back. Cyber bullying works, people.
                          I wonder if players are getting paid in full? Its not like they can work from home like office workers can

Comment

• Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                            This shit is why I was afraid to have this aid package in the first place. Another case of the highway to hell being paved with the asphalt of good intentions.

Expanding the monetary supply causes inflation. Cash payments do not expand the monetary supply, they redistribute it. What the Fed is doing will be what causes inflation.

Comment

• Trump opposes the House Dems proposal (shocker) because....wait for it....

Comment

• I'm sure Hookems will be right along to decry Republicans for blocking cash payments to Americans over some silly shit...

Comment

Working...
                                X