Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

You mean exactly what Trump and the Fed are doing right now? C'mon man hypocrisy ain't your thing - you're not doing it like iBleed.
    That's kind of my point. Krugman is all about playing fast and loose when his side is doing it, but when the other side gets into power, he suddenly thinks we should scale back and be more conservative. Do you know how many interviews I saw this guy do during the Obama presidency praising the exact same shit that he's criticizing the Trump admin for now? He's a smart guy, and I respect his opinion on a lot of things, but he's extremely biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Nice twitter post champ, but there's a problem. There's at least 6 different versions floating around right now that I've read about, and they all vary wildly on almost everything in your list. I'm also not aware of any that don't include additional funding for hospitals, seeing as how everyone with or without a brain understands that they need it right now.
      Yeah, they are currently horsetrading. I'm sure that version is old now. My point was that this isn't some clean bill that McConnell is pushing. You keep pretending like any Democrat pushing back is against cash payments for middle class Americans. In reality, it's probably going to be some pork-laden bill with hundreds of billions in soft dark money being dumped to corporations to do stock buybacks.

Comment

That's kind of my point. Krugman is all about playing fast and loose when his side is doing it, but when the other side gets into power, he suddenly thinks we should scale back and be more conservative. Do you know how many interviews I saw this guy do during the Obama presidency praising the exact same shit that he's criticizing the Trump admin for now? He's a smart guy, and I respect his opinion on a lot of things, but he's extremely biased.
        Yeah but Obama hadn't given people tax cuts on top of the bailouts. Obama also didn't raise taxes - he just let the tax cuts expire. So keep things in perspective. Repubs are acting like drunk democrats and Dems are acting all fiscally conservative. My my my how the tables have turned (to quote the Statefarm commercial)

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status...89419260166146

So the private 6 month loan program is a hangup. Why make it private? And Trump's properties would be eligible.

LOL why can't McConnell just put forth a direct cash program to give every American making under $100k a one time payment of X dollars?

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Yeah, they are currently horsetrading. I'm sure that version is old now. My point was that this isn't some clean bill that McConnell is pushing. You keep pretending like any Democrat pushing back is against cash payments for middle class Americans. In reality, it's probably going to be some pork-laden bill with hundreds of billions in soft dark money being dumped to corporations to do stock buybacks.
            I just want my Trump bucks.

Comment

I just want my Trump bucks.
              You and me both.

My job is safe, for now. But who the hell knows in a few weeks or a month? Unless you're a doctor/nurse or a government worker, nobody should feel 100% secure.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
                The rules that govern corporate behavior (more like the lack of rules) are a huge cause of the public's agony. The idea a corporation is treated as an individual is beyond appalling.

If shareholders were liable for a corporations failings there’s no way CEO’s would be so risky with their money. It goes back to corporate bankruptcy laws.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

You and me both.

My job is safe, for now. But who the hell knows in a few weeks or a month? Unless you're a doctor/nurse or a government worker, nobody should feel 100% secure.
                  I work for a health insurance company and can do most of my work from home, so I SHOULD be safe given the nature of what’s going on. Still, I can’t help but wonder how bad things might get.

Comment

• Fuck airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                      Fuck airlines

This is what Pelosi is fighting against - Hookems wants this to happen and is bashing Pelosi saying delaying the bailout package is hurting americans

Can you fucking knock some sense into Hookems?

Comment

• I kinda feel sad - first it was 9/11 then it was 2008 financial crisis now it's covid - there's a never ending series of disasters that hit America

Comment

• OK I am losing patience with the Dems - fucking just cave and accept the Repubs. You know repubs are fucking idiots when it comes to finances. Just accept this and when shit hits the ceiling blame them. Until then you fighting for small shit is giving repubs the ammo to paint you as the "do nothing" democrats.

FUCK OFF PELOSI AND SCHUMER!. IM FUCKING DONE WITH YOUR PRINCIPLES. Repubs play the long game and we're fucking floundering on the small shit

Comment

• I don't get why McConnell and Mnuchin are insisting on the privacy over the loans. It says six months but it might be forever with this administration. So we're not allowed to know the names of the companies that get bailed out? It's all done in secret? WTF?

Comment

• I trust our elected officials have our best interests in mind while they negotiate this package.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                                I trust our elected officials have our best interests in mind while they negotiate this package.
                                I guess they've already got their insider trading out of the way and can focus on this now.

Comment

Working...
                                X