Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that 3.2% Unemployment? Yeah we will see 20% by November.

Goodbye to the longest running surge in Employment that began with his holiness Barack Obama

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
      Remember that 3.2% Unemployment? Yeah we will see 20% by November.

Goodbye to the longest running surge in Employment that began with his holiness Barack Obama

I don't think (hope?) it'll be that severe. At some point they will have to let young healthy people out of the house. Lots of big projects will come on line soon and it'll attract a lot of investment. Then eventually the older sickly people can start to trickle out.

Comment

• U.S. airlines are seeking more than $50 billion in government aid as business collapses during the coronavirus outbreak.
        • Some lawmakers and labor unions say airlines have to protect workers and consumers in return.
        • The four biggest U.S. carriers — Delta, American, Southwest and United — have collectively spent about $39 billion over the last five years buying back shares, according to a tally from S&P Dow Jones Indices

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
          • U.S. airlines are seeking more than $50 billion in government aid as business collapses during the coronavirus outbreak.
          • Some lawmakers and labor unions say airlines have to protect workers and consumers in return.
          • The four biggest U.S. carriers — Delta, American, Southwest and United — have collectively spent about $39 billion over the last five years buying back shares, according to a tally from S&P Dow Jones Indices
          Someone needs to explain to me why the fuck stock buybacks aren’t illegal. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Someone needs to explain to me why the fuck stock buybacks aren’t illegal. Seriously.
            They make people lots of money.

Comment

We'll cover that after we cover inside trading in Washington and companies funneling money via lobbyists.

Comment

• Honestly buying your stock back shouldn't be illegal, however buying it with tax payer money should land you in Gitmo.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                  Honestly buying your stock back shouldn't be illegal, however buying it with tax payer money should land you in Gitmo.
                  Look, if we bail out Boeing and these cock suckers go back to the same shit they were doing before, I’m getting on welfare and selling crack.

Comment

• Originally posted by md21 View Post

I don't think (hope?) it'll be that severe. At some point they will have to let young healthy people out of the house. Lots of big projects will come on line soon and it'll attract a lot of investment. Then eventually the older sickly people can start to trickle out.
                    The only hope for the rest of society is for the old and frail to die. Because the major concern is not for young people in Clearwater FLA partying - its them coming home with the CV and giving it to Grandma/Grandpa. I think its time to start putting your grandparent's affairs in order and get that will signed.

Comment

The only hope for the rest of society is for the old and frail to die. Because the major concern is not for young people in Clearwater FLA partying - its them coming home with the CV and giving it to Grandma/Grandpa. I think its time to start putting your grandparent's affairs in order and get that will signed.
                      I just want to let you know that “it only kills old people” is going to sound like “it’s just a flu bro” in less than a weeks time. This shit is wicked.

Comment

Corporate buybacks are just the repurchase of shares of a company that it already issues. What the problem is is that when a corporation fails and the liability of said failure doesn't fall in the owner (ie shareholders) hands. No CEO would put so risky with a company if investors had their livelihoods on the line with their investments. Corporate bankruptcy laws are bullshit.

The reason I became a Warren fanboi was her attack on those specific laws.
                        Last edited by ivegostdacityblues; 03-17-2020, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I just want to let you know that “it only kills old people” is going to sound like “it’s just a flu bro” in less than a weeks time. This shit is wicked.
                          https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/healt...ths/index.html

Yes its like the flu - only seems to be killing old people above 70 and people above 30 with health problems.

We have no idea when the threat will diminish because now it's out of the bottle - it's like Ebola - people are still dying of Ebola despite the fact that it's no longer a pandemic

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Corporate buybacks are just the repurchase of shares of a company that it already issues. What the problem is is that when a corporation fails liability of said failure doesn't fall in the owner (ie shareholders) hands. No CEO would put so risky with a company if investors had their livelihoods on the line with their investments. Corporate bankruptcy laws are bullshit.

The reason I became a Warren fanboi was her attack on those specific laws.
                            I understand what they are, I’m just saying why the fuck should it be legal to essentially tank your company and get bailed out. This has happened so. many. times. Why hasn’t anyone put a stop to it?

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/healt...ths/index.html

Yes its like the flu - only seems to be killing old people above 70 and people above 30 with health problems.

We have no idea when the threat will diminish because now it's out of the bottle - it's like Ebola - people are still dying of Ebola despite the fact that it's no longer a pandemic
                              Okay, let me explain something to you. Every doctor in the world that knows anything about this virus is recommending extreme measures be taken to prevent the spread of it. The arguments they’re making based on their observations are strong enough to convince basically everybody to more or less shut down the global economy. I don’t trust a whole lot in this world, but when there’s a scientific consensus and the economic machine gets put on hold, I get very concerned.

So no, it’s not like the flu, and it’s not just killing old/sick people. If either or both of those things were true, none of this shit would be happening.

Comment

I understand what they are, I’m just saying why the fuck should it be legal to essentially tank your company and get bailed out. This has happened so. many. times. Why hasn’t anyone put a stop to it?

Buybacks aren't tanking the company. Buybacks are using cashing a semi-responsible way projecting in a normal case scenario of projected economic growth. The stupid thing is every 10 or so years something happens to tank said projected growth, yet we never change the rules for corporations so they just get a bailout instead of ever learning. It sucks, and it's bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X