• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• That game is dystopian as fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

That game is dystopian as fuck.
        It really is. I remember the first time I kicked everyone’s ass, and the sick, lonely feeling that came with knowing I only succeeded by being lucky and deceitful (mostly lucky). Maybe that’s why I don’t give a shit about money?

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
          I do wonder if this is the final arrow that breaks through Trump's armor with his base. If the Dow drops below 20k and all sports are suspended and he's been lying to his base about this for months, will it actually break the spell? Or are these MAGA idiots going to ride or die with him all the way down?
          If my mother is any indication, no. I mentioned that Trump has handled this poorly, and she said all my points were lies perpetuated by the liberal media just to try and make Trump look bad. She said he’s handling it better than any president before Trump... because he has a keen understanding of these things.

When you dare speak ill of Dear Leader, his supporters turn their brains off and dig in their heels. They’ve convinced themselves that Trump is great and anyone who doesn’t share their belief is part of the conspiracy.

Admittedly, at this point, I do honestly feel that anyone who supports him is kinda dumb, which is hard to reconcile, when that person is your mom, who has more professional degrees than most. But, I get that they feel like they’re under constant attack for their support. It’s human nature to personalize it. With Trump’s presidency being the most polarizing to date, it’s not surprising that his fans are doubling down. They don’t want to be proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

If my mother is any indication, no. I mentioned that Trump has handled this poorly, and she said all my points were lies perpetuated by the liberal media just to try and make Trump look bad. She said he’s handling it better than any president before Trump... because he has a keen understanding of these things.

When you dare speak ill of Dear Leader, his supporters turn their brains off and dig in their heels. They’ve convinced themselves that Trump is great and anyone who doesn’t share their belief is part of the conspiracy.

Admittedly, at this point, I do honestly feel that anyone who supports him is kinda dumb, which is hard to reconcile, when that person is your mom, who has more professional degrees than most. But, I get that they feel like they’re under constant attack for their support. It’s human nature to personalize it. With Trump’s presidency being the most polarizing to date, it’s not surprising that his fans are doubling down. They don’t want to be proven wrong.
            People in cults aren't necessarily dumb. They may be weak willed or feel lost or be overwhelmed by the idea of too much freedom. Dumb people can be reasoned with if you know what makes them tick. Cultists close themselves off to anything but their chosen message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

People treat Trump like an addiction. I'm sure your mom (not saying she has this issue) would be in as much denial if you confronted her with her 4 martini-a-night habit.

Comment

• Dow fell below 20k just now

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

People in cults aren't necessarily dumb. They may be weak willed or feel lost or be overwhelmed by the idea of too much freedom. Dumb people can be reasoned with if you know what makes them tick. Cultists close themselves off to anything but their chosen message.
                  This. In my experience, people who are drawn to cults tend to be more emotionally damaged than stupid.

Comment

• Fed announced they'd buy garbage debt holdings and Dow jumped 600 points.

Money machine go brrrr

Comment

• Trump announces $850 billion stimulus bailout for struggling industries.

We're currently running a $1.1 TRILLION deficit, so if this goes through, we'll be pushing $2 trillion for the deficit this year. During the 08/09 crisis, we never went beyond $1.3T and it spawned the Tea Party. Funny stuff.

Comment

Dow fell below 20k just now
                        So many buying opportunities! Yall really should consider getting into the make here in a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

So many buying opportunities! Yall really should consider getting into the make here in a few days.
                          You were saying that when the Dow was at 26k

Comment

Trump announces $850 billion stimulus bailout for struggling industries.

We're currently running a $1.1 TRILLION deficit, so if this goes through, we'll be pushing $2 trillion for the deficit this year. During the 08/09 crisis, we never went beyond $1.3T and it spawned the Tea Party. Funny stuff.
                            You mean the democratic controlled House passed a 850 billion stimulus.....and the president signed it, right?

Comment

You were saying that when the Dow was at 26k
                              And i'm still buying. I have cash sitting on the side. My initial buy was too early, i admit it; but i've off set the loses with later buys. This downward trend isn't gonna last forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

And i'm still buying. I have cash sitting on the side. My initial buy was too early, i admit it; but i've off set the loses with later buys. This downward trend isn't gonna last forever.
                                Just jump in front of the falling knife, guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X