X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPR
    replied
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...o-talks-on-aid

LOL. After running the deficit up to $1.1 trillion without a pandemic the GOP now starts getting skittish about a $4 trillion deficit.

So I guess the question of "how much deficit will the GOP tolerate" it is $4 trillion. Sort of makes all those concerns over Obama's $1.2 trillion deficits during the 2nd worst recession of the last 100 years seem quaint.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    Originally posted by DPR View Post
    Another 3.2 million jobless claims, bringing the COVID total up to -33 million since mid-March.
    Just remember. Trump has drafted you to be a warrior in his fight to get re-elected... er... I mean, re-open the economy. You might die. But remember, you’re serving the greater good.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    Another 3.2 million jobless claims, bringing the COVID total up to -33 million since mid-March.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Deschet View Post

And again, if you had a bunch of angry black dudes with guns protesting and demanding to be let in the capital build, this doesn’t go down the same way. You think Trump would be supporting them or their right to protest.

I wonder what people like DSMoney, Hookems and Dynasty think about these people being "responsible gun owners". Were they going to shoot up the government?

If you feel you need a gun to threaten anybody - that should immediately raise redflags and give the govt grounds to grab your guns.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied

Funny how a lot of these protests over the years look identical. Protest high deficit and taxes? Bring a gun, grab a confederate flag and wear tactical gear. Protest abortion? Bring a gun, grab a confederate flag and wear tactical gear. Protest gun control? Bring a gun, grab a confederate flag and wear tactical gear. Protest stay-at-home order? Bring a gun..
    And again, if you had a bunch of angry black dudes with guns protesting and demanding to be let in the capital build, this doesn’t go down the same way. You think Trump would be supporting them or their right to protest.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    As near as I can tell, the people behind these protests are trying to create another Tea Party movement. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. It makes sense. Using easily-manipulated, angry idiots is par for their course.
    Funny how a lot of these protests over the years look identical. Protest high deficit and taxes? Bring a gun, grab a confederate flag and wear tactical gear. Protest abortion? Bring a gun, grab a confederate flag and wear tactical gear. Protest gun control? Bring a gun, grab a confederate flag and wear tactical gear. Protest stay-at-home order? Bring a gun..

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    As near as I can tell, the people behind these protests are trying to create another Tea Party movement. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. It makes sense. Using easily-manipulated, angry idiots is par for their course.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I'm just happy they've finally stopped screaming about all lives mattering.
    Judging by these protests getting a bit testy, they seem to have moved on from Blue Lives Matter as well.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post

except old people with PE conditions - they can fucking die - as long as I can get my 7.65 /hour job back and I can drink my miller lite at 6:30pm after the shift at the local watering hole and go back to my dumpy wife and snotty kids and yell at them about the damn libruls

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status...87155899379712

I'm sure the same crowd that screamed about "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" will be equally angry with Trump's claim that you'll get your job back or you'll get an even better one.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status...87155899379712

I'm sure the same crowd that screamed about "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" will be equally angry with Trump's claim that you'll get your job back or you'll get an even better one.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Trump administration draws up plans to punish China over coronavirus outbreak

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/polit...ump/index.html

Among the plans - canceling US debt obligations - you do that and tomorrow the DJIA sinks to levels below the levels seen in 1929 - China isn't going to take this sitting down - they would hurt us in ways we cannot imagine. Excellent timing - just when Wall Street was showing signs of a comeback!

I don't think these motherfuckers ever think anything through

Someone take care of Trump before he gets us all killed.
    Last edited by sctrojan; 04-30-2020, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied

The funny thing is, you and I probably agree on this point more than most. I detest our options. I hate the fact that we have no say in who becomes President. More often than not, we’re choosing between bad and worse. I have no delusions that I’m voting for a bad candidate if I vote for Biden. I don’t like the guy at all. I think I’ll just rephrase South Park’s Matt Stone. I hate Biden, but I really fucking hate Trump. Given those choices, I’d just prefer to have Trump out of office.
    Which is what the powers that be count on, and why you’ll always be choosing between increasingly smellier and larger piles of shit. Personally, my conscience will be clear going forward regardless of what happens because I’ll know that I had nothing to do with it, and that’s enough for me. I may not be able to solve the problem, but I don’t have to contribute to it.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

You don’t change the system, it changes you. Just look at this upcoming election and most of the people on this board. Most of you are going to vote for either a senile old man with a better than 0% chance of being a pedo or a reality tv star that tells people to inject themselves with disinfectant and can’t speak in complete sentences. And the worst part? You’ll actually think you’re doing the right thing when you do it, or that somehow one is better than the other and the whole thing isn’t a complete and utter joke.
    The funny thing is, you and I probably agree on this point more than most. I detest our options. I hate the fact that we have no say in who becomes President. More often than not, we’re choosing between bad and worse. I have no delusions that I’m voting for a bad candidate if I vote for Biden. I don’t like the guy at all. I think I’ll just rephrase South Park’s Matt Stone. I hate Biden, but I really fucking hate Trump. Given those choices, I’d just prefer to have Trump out of office.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied

As much as I detest that guy, he’s not wrong. However. It’s funny how these guys only seem to “get it” when they’re retiring. You can’t claim to be a man of conviction while waiving good bye.
    You don’t change the system, it changes you. Just look at this upcoming election and most of the people on this board. Most of you are going to vote for either a senile old man with a better than 0% chance of being a pedo or a reality tv star that tells people to inject themselves with disinfectant and can’t speak in complete sentences. And the worst part? You’ll actually think you’re doing the right thing when you do it, or that somehow one is better than the other and the whole thing isn’t a complete and utter joke.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X