Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Economic Meltdown Thread

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My internet is out for the second time this week. Thanks a lot, Coronachan.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
      Yeah, dacat isn't a typical Boomer, trust me. I know some really shitty ones if you people need someone to hate on.
      You know, if he would just admit that his generation is a pile of dog shit, I’d be inclined to give him a pass. Unfortunately, he has the same smug ass attitude that the rest of them do when you force him to face reality. Nobody is PERSONALLY responsible, but there is zero argument over what GENERATION is.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

        You know, if he would just admit that his generation is a pile of dog shit, I’d be inclined to give him a pass. Unfortunately, he has the same smug ass attitude that the rest of them do when you force him to face reality. Nobody is PERSONALLY responsible, but there is zero argument over what GENERATION is.
        I think he is just playing Devil's advocate right now. He's more of your hard working bust your ass on the land type, which wasn't a typical Boomer.

        That would be my parents and their siblings.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

          You know, if he would just admit that his generation is a pile of dog shit, I’d be inclined to give him a pass. Unfortunately, he has the same smug ass attitude that the rest of them do when you force him to face reality. Nobody is PERSONALLY responsible, but there is zero argument over what GENERATION is.
          I don't subscribe to group mentality. I encounter assholes, young and old, pretty much daily. Even as much as I try to avoid them. I have a very small collective of friends for that very reason.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by daCat View Post

            I don't subscribe to group mentality. I encounter assholes, young and old, pretty much daily. Even as much as I try to avoid them. I have a very small collective of friends for that very reason.
            I’m gonna need you to stop being reasonable and fight me, the economy is taking a massive shit, a virus is sweeping the country, and nobody is in charge.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

              You know, if he would just admit that his generation is a pile of dog shit, I’d be inclined to give him a pass. Unfortunately, he has the same smug ass attitude that the rest of them do when you force him to face reality. Nobody is PERSONALLY responsible, but there is zero argument over what GENERATION is.

              Or at least make a legit point in return. I talk the same shit with my dad, but he’s a history guy and well reasoned guy, so while he can recognize his gens many flaws he can also actually sometimes make a point i their defense I can buy.

              Basically he can make the point that he greatest generation was great...till they turned 40.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by daCat View Post

                LOL

                They've been pimping this shit for weeks on end. Just because they fucked themselves doesn't mean they don't do stupid shit.

                Maybe...just maybe...it’s not a conspiracy. Maybe we need to do what’s right for society, suck it up in the short term, and make sure it doesn’t become a long term problem.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                  Or at least make a legit point in return. I talk the same shit with my dad, but he’s a history guy and well reasoned guy, so while he can recognize his gens many flaws he can also actually sometimes make a point i their defense I can buy.

                  Basically he can make the point that he greatest generation was great...till they turned 40.
                  When you are a teenager, anyone over 30 is retarded. When you are in your 20s, anyone over 40 is retarded. etc.

                  Yes, I was young once.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                    Or at least make a legit point in return. I talk the same shit with my dad, but he’s a history guy and well reasoned guy, so while he can recognize his gens many flaws he can also actually sometimes make a point i their defense I can buy.

                    Basically he can make the point that he greatest generation was great...till they turned 40.
                    Yeah, but in their defense, every great champion gets complacent. These are the people that survived the Great Depression, came up with the atomic bomb/won ww2, and put a man on the moon. The only direction you can go in after kicking that much ass is down. Hell, given how young some of them were when they pumped out their kids, they should have been able to coast anyway.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                      Maybe...just maybe...it’s not a conspiracy. Maybe we need to do what’s right for society, suck it up in the short term, and make sure it doesn’t become a long term problem.
                      Anything that fucks with my March Madness is beyond reason. It's the most important time of year with the most important sporting event. I'm pissed off.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                        I’m gonna need you to stop being reasonable and fight me, the economy is taking a massive shit, a virus is sweeping the country, and nobody is in charge.
                        Yeah, well. I didn't vote for the man-child in chief. Just like many before him, I've had to put up with their shit and carry on. I've yet to see a President in my adult life whose policies I totally agreed with. Mostly, it's been the opposite. In time you just get numb and expect the worst. That way, when they do something you feel is right, you can be pleasantly surprised.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by daCat View Post

                          When you are a teenager, anyone over 30 is retarded. When you are in your 20s, anyone over 40 is retarded. etc.

                          Yes, I was young once.
                          Again, it’s not your intelligence that I have a problem with, it’s the boomer attitude. So completely and utterly self involved and self interested that it never occurs to you what kind of damage that mentality does to the world around you. Say what you want about millennials being “beta”, but they’re a hell of a lot less violent and destructive than your shit bag generation (or the one you raised), and they’re much more responsible on average in most aspects of life.

                          Oh, and if any of you out there want to get a cheap laugh, check out boomer marriage/divorce rates. I swear to God some of them were trying to set records with how many broken homes they created.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                            Yeah, but in their defense, every great champion gets complacent. These are the people that survived the Great Depression, came up with the atomic bomb/won ww2, and put a man on the moon. The only direction you can go in after kicking that much ass is down. Hell, given how young some of them were when they pumped out their kids, they should have been able to coast anyway.

                            A-bomb was scientist older than them, won WS-2 yes. Sent people to the moon, yes. Regan, probably most responsible for our current economics, greatest gen. Boomers still buy into Reganomics but they didn’t create it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                              A-bomb was scientist older than them, won WS-2 yes. Sent people to the moon, yes. Regan, probably most responsible for our current economics, greatest gen. Boomers still buy into Reganomics but they didn’t create it.
                              Okay true, but the point is, they have one hell of a resume. As far as Reagan goes, his platform was created to appeal to boomer delusions. He didn’t create anything, he just did a good job of feeding them the bullshit they were predisposed to believing anyway.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                                Again, it’s not your intelligence that I have a problem with, it’s the boomer attitude. So completely and utterly self involved and self interested that it never occurs to you what kind of damage that mentality does to the world around you. Say what you want about millennials being “beta”, but they’re a hell of a lot less violent and destructive than your shit bag generation (or the one you raised), and they’re much more responsible on average in most aspects of life.

                                Oh, and if any of you out there want to get a cheap laugh, check out boomer marriage/divorce rates. I swear to God some of them were trying to set records with how many broken homes they created.
                                I'll refer you to Jordan Petersen if you want a well thought out philosophical breakdown on the causes of this. But I can say you are sadly mistaken if you think you can corral it all in the confines of a single generation, or any particular group at all, for that matter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X