• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJIA dropping 1,190.95 pts isn't the president's fault

Right DaCat?

Dow falls 1,191 points -- the most in history

let that sink in

Comment

The DJIA isn't a good economic indicator.

Comment

It was bound to happen eventually. It has very little to do with who occupies the White House.

Originally posted by Nash View Post
        The DJIA isn't a good economic indicator.
        Also this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          It was bound to happen eventually. It has very little to do with who occupies the White House.

Also this.
          Trump couldn’t help but hitch his wagon to the DJIA though, and now he might lose because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Trump couldn’t help but hitch his wagon to the DJIA though, and now he might lose because of it.
            He did blame Democratic debates on Tuesday to the drop on Monday (time travel) - so clearly he puts a lot of importance on the DJIA

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
              Right DaCat?
              It's my fault. I dumped too many stocks the past few days.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

It's my fault. I dumped too many stocks the past few days.

Next time you do that let the rest of us know!

Comment

As long as there isn't a massive spike in unemployment, the Dow isn't going to determine anything about this election.

Comment

As long as there isn't a massive spike in unemployment, the Dow isn't going to determine anything about this election.
                    Has the DJIA ever tanked and there hasn’t been a spike in unemployment? Don’t get me wrong, I’m generally optimistic, but this has all the markers of a massive correction. Glad I’ve got plenty of cash socked away.

Comment

Has the DJIA ever tanked and there hasn’t been a spike in unemployment? Don’t get me wrong, I’m generally optimistic, but this has all the markers of a massive correction. Glad I’ve got plenty of cash socked away.
                      If trade with China comes to a grinding halt because parts from China can't ship - you bet there are going to be layoffs.

Comment

It’s a correction being made because of a disease that killed less than 3,000 people. I’d say it’s a tanking based off Wall Street bros overreacting along with stocks being overbought.

Comment

A lot of people looking at their 401k and noticing all of the red matters more than you think.

Comment

-690 right now

kek

Comment

Also, the president typically doesn't guide the economy beyond some minor policy and regulatory changes. They can be a cheerleader too, which Trump admittedly does well.

However, this tanking right now is primarily because investors see a potential global pandemic and a complete moron in the White House and know it's likely to get worse before it starts to get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X